Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Camera Bag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Camera Bag?

Last weekend was my birthday, and I gotta say it wasn't bad at all. My dad gave me a brand new Browning .308 with an unmounted Leupold scope (mounted it today); and my wife gave me a Nikon D5000 (mounted her last night).

Now I am looking for a camera bag and a gun case, any suggestions? I'm not too particular about the gun case, I just want it to be lockable. For the camera bag, I am looking for a back pack. There are a number of them that come up on Google, but I don't know which ones are good and which are crap.

Thanks!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

In regards to a camera bag, it really depends on what your going to put in it. Long lens, short lens, flash ETC?

If you want a good, reasonably priced camera bag, check out a lowepro type bag. They are pretty good quality for normal everyday use. I would suggest taking what you plan on putting into it to a local camera store and making sure everything can squeeze into it. They usually have movable compartments so you can personalize it to fit your gear comfortably and secure.

http://www.lowepro.com/

Personally I prefer the camera bags that have the opening on the inside, against your back. It just feels more secure to know that your gear isn't falling out and nobody can open it with it on your back.

I scored a Burton 28L on CL for 60 bux brand new- http://www.zappos.com/burton-f-stop-pack-28l-true-black Its a bit bigger, but I have a lot of gear and some long lenses.

Edit* I noticed your in SD as well...Frys's has some bags, as well as Georges Camera and all the Ritz locations.

Last edited by slimeball; 08-14-2010 at 09:28 AM.
slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Go check out Fry's Electronics. They have a variety of bags and packs. My brother picked up my Sony backpack there, I can store the camcorder up top, and the Kodak down below. They can even come apart if you want to just take one or the other out. Can't wait to see the picks that are gonna come out of your new toy
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
RCC Addict

For the D5000 I would strongly suggest the KATA 3n1 10. I use this for my own gear and it works flawlessly. You can use it as either a backpack or a sling (nice for quick shot moments), it also has a belly strap for short hikes and comes with a free weather cover. KATA bags are awesome in quality- lowepros are nice, but everyone knows them as camera bags which in my eyes makes them a target for thieves.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
For the D5000 I would strongly suggest the KATA 3n1 10. I use this for my own gear and it works flawlessly. You can use it as either a backpack or a sling (nice for quick shot moments), it also has a belly strap for short hikes and comes with a free weather cover. KATA bags are awesome in quality- lowepros are nice, but everyone knows them as camera bags which in my eyes makes them a target for thieves.

p!nK
I was just going to suggest the Kata. That's the same bag I've decided on after doing alot of research and review reading online.

It does eventually come down to how much you want or need to carry though. If you want to have 4-6 lenses with you, along with a flash, in addition to all your filters, then obviously you'll need a larger pack.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

If you are wanting the 3n1 10 I would be willing to sell you mine. I need to go up one or two sizes now that my D90 is gripped with a Nikkor 17-55 2.8 EG (fawking huge ass lens, but amazing)

PM me.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote