Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I need RCC's Help, 100$ reward! Friends truck stolen!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Default I need RCC's Help, 100$ reward! Friends truck stolen!

Last night my friend Wade's Jeep XJ was broken into and his mini me scx10 XJ was stolen along with his wallet.

This is him here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/members/wad357-41821.htm

Here is the build thread on his Jeep: My scale XJ

If anyone sees this rig (ebay, craigslist, here or other forums) please contact myself or wade immediately! I am willing to shell out a 100$ to anyone who directly links us to the scum bag who stole his truck

The truck is an scx-10 with a proline cherokee body, painted white and black. traxxas water proof esc, rc4wd crushers and losi wheels, traxxas tq2 radio and a hitec 645

*edit* truck also has one of my LIPOs in it, its a 5000 capacity 2 cell, not sure at the moment which brand..I am on a cruise and wont know till I get home on sunday

Appreciate any help

-Mike

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 08-18-2010 at 01:59 PM.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

that sucks man, ill try to look for it online. but chances are that the creep is stealing stuff because hes got no money, so he might not have internet access. if i was him id pawn it. so definitely call your local pawn shops and tip them off before the rc comes into their shop. best of luck to you and your friend man
Bryan732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
www.team3sixrc.com

Mike, what state you live in?
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
long island ny?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Its long island New York
CUSTOMHILUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
www.team3sixrc.com

Well, I will help too. anyone find the punks who did this to my friend and it leads to the RC's being found. I will throw in a package of my scale goodness and a powertank. $65.00 package
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

i just thought, if this guy chose to sell the stolen rig online he wouldn't sell it on ebay bacause this bum probably cant even buy the box for shipping. hed rather sell it local on craigslist, ill be shure to check there as well
Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I've said it probably 100 times, I'd love to find some crackhead digging through my stuff. He wouldn't have to worry about buying crack anymore that's for sure.

Hopefully you guys find the rig, he might sell it for $150 when it's worth much more than money to the owner.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I'll keep an eye out.
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan732 View Post
that sucks man, ill try to look for it online. but chances are that the creep is stealing stuff because hes got no money, so he might not have internet access. if i was him id pawn it. so definitely call your local pawn shops and tip them off before the rc comes into their shop. best of luck to you and your friend man
Pawn shops are nothing but legal fencing operations. Definitely check there, my stolen bike was found at a pawn shop.
The rest of us can help watch ebay and craigslist.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #11

Thanks guys I really appreciate it! I've been checking craigslist and have asked around the neighborhood. I really feel like its one of the local younger kids.. They went into the jeep took my wallet out of the center console didnt touch the glove box that had a digital camera in it didnt touch the 6x9s sitting on the back seat didnt touch the deck I Just dont get it.... must be a young kid thats the only thing that makes sense.... If anyone find anything as mike said $100 reward THANKS GUYS!!!
WAD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAD357 View Post
Thanks guys I really appreciate it! I've been checking craigslist and have asked around the neighborhood. I really feel like its one of the local younger kids.. They went into the jeep took my wallet out of the center console didnt touch the glove box that had a digital camera in it didnt touch the 6x9s sitting on the back seat didnt touch the deck I Just dont get it.... must be a young kid thats the only thing that makes sense.... If anyone find anything as mike said $100 reward THANKS GUYS!!!
yeah i agree, its probably a ghetto little tyke looking for a ney toy. or, mabye that was just the first thing the guy seen. meaning he just broke in, took the truck, ran, and didnt have time to snoop around some more because he was afraid someone would catch him. did you have the truck sitting on your passanger seat? i never keep my stuff out in plain sight
Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Sucks to hear man. If it is a little punk younger kid I would be watching the LHS's too. Hopefully he runs it and breaks something he cant fix easily. Once he brings it to the LHS and they know about it they might be able to help.

Hope you get it recovered. I'll pass the word up here just incase someone spots it online some where.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Sucks to hear man. If it is a little punk younger kid I would be watching the LHS's too. Hopefully he runs it and breaks something he cant fix easily. Once he brings it to the LHS and they know about it they might be able to help.

Hope you get it recovered. I'll pass the word up here just incase someone spots it online some where.
LHS would be an awesome idea. definitely tip them off as well
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan732 View Post
yeah i agree, its probably a ghetto little tyke looking for a ney toy. or, mabye that was just the first thing the guy seen. meaning he just broke in, took the truck, ran, and didnt have time to snoop around some more because he was afraid someone would catch him. did you have the truck sitting on your passanger seat? i never keep my stuff out in plain sight
The truck was in the back of my XJ sitting on the spare tire that was laying flat in the cargo area not in direct sight but noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post

Thats a good idea man Ill swing by there tommorow and see if they come across anything..

Again thanks for the help everyone!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

eBay Search set...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thieves never make sense. They usually go for what they personally now how to fence. I've seen them step over a $600 chainsaw to steal a $100 TV, and visa versa.
nomobux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #18
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Well, I will help too. anyone find the punks who did this to my friend and it leads to the RC's being found. I will throw in a package of my scale goodness and a powertank. $65.00 package
That is GREATLY appreciated

Wade, that isnt a bad idea to do, I would call action hobbies and hurricane hobbies and let them know to keep an eye out for it as well...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

a thief trying to steal something like this, wont know what to call it on ebay or craigls list. as far as the pawn shops go, go to them and leave a picture and a call back number. also file a police report, all pawn shops have to, by law report all merchandise purchased and pawned to police. as i said earlier though, this guy is not going to know what it is, he will try to pawn it, and probably get like $25 for it.he may lose it for a couple of months as evidence. but he will get it back... eventually.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #20

I may have a lead on where it is hope to know forsure today