Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Burnt out of crawling???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Burnt out of crawling???

Well I'm pretty burnt out on crawling right now. No rain means no grass is a growing so that means no cash flow. Bought a DX3E, and did some trading and ended up a LCC tranny and a set of leapords. Anyway along with days of wrenching, I go and buy the 3e. Get it home to find out there's no reciever or servo. So I take it back to the LHS and he gives me a Traxxas 2056 waterproof servo (which I didn't need anyway though), and a brand new reciever. He made up for it. So today I need a pinion and some servo posts, my moms in town so she says she'll run by and pick them up. Good deal, so I call the LHS up spend 5 mins explaining to him that you can swap the LNC tranny and the LCC tranny, and telling him the difference's and what I need. He says he can get me hooked up. So mom comes home, he gave her a 14t pinion (exactly what I need) but it has a different gear pattern, and the servo posts he gave her, all it was, was a Team Assiocaited (SP?) 4-40x5/8 bolts. Amazing. So I decide to swap the servo on my honcho because the stock axial isn't working correctly for some reason, only to find that it is burnt up. So the honcho's in pieces, and the losi, i've been getting wrong parts for over a week now and im just ready to sell it all. I'm burnt out, but the crawling is so much fun, I know most of you have been burnt out sometime or another, any idea's on what to do?
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
RCC Addict

1. explain yourself better.

2.grow pot and sell it for money.....j/k
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Actually I could get hooked up on the weed pretty easy. Kids smoke it at school and I "know" some people that do it.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Personally, if you enjoy crawling then don't give it up. It sucks having your truck broke down but it happens. If your lhs is having issues getting you the correct parts, try ordering from one of the vendors on here.

As far as the money situation, got any old video games you could trade in at GameStop? Any other stuff you don't use anymore you could sell on craigslist? Any odd-jobs you can do around the house or for some neighbors for cash? Fall will be here soon, see if any neighbors burn wood in the winter and ask if they need some split and stacked.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
Actually I could get hooked up on the weed pretty easy. Kids smoke it at school and I "know" some people that do it.
now is that so? tell me more
Bryan732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

ahh i sold all my shit a while ago.
i dont know why im here either..
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by untchabl View Post
Personally, if you enjoy crawling then don't give it up. It sucks having your truck broke down but it happens. If your lhs is having issues getting you the correct parts, try ordering from one of the vendors on here.

As far as the money situation, got any old video games you could trade in at GameStop? Any other stuff you don't use anymore you could sell on craigslist? Any odd-jobs you can do around the house or for some neighbors for cash? Fall will be here soon, see if any neighbors burn wood in the winter and ask if they need some split and stacked.
I've got plenty of games. PS2, Wii, and xbox around 75 games between them all. Just there not all mine, there mine and my sisters. I've been selling aluminum off the barn that im tearing down, and bushhogging, mowing and weedeating, and washing my dads semi's all through summer, and I made around $700 this summer. Just now with school I can't do all that. I've been trying to sell my last race bike to build a berg. But idk if I should because I just went to pro class with the losi, and the neighbors, ehh hot 15 year old you fool around with. Don't want to mess that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan732 View Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=country_crawler;2605682]I've got plenty of games. PS2, Wii, and xbox around 75 games between them all. Just there not all mine, there mine and my sisters. I've been selling aluminum off the barn that im tearing down, and bushhogging, mowing and weedeating, and washing my dads semi's all through summer, and I made around $700 this summer. Just now with school I can't do all that. I've been trying to sell my last race bike to build a berg. But idk if I should because I just went to pro class with the losi, and the neighbors, ehh hot 15 year old you fool around with. Don't want to mess that up. /QUOTE]

Thats funny, im always broke during summer but rich during school. This year i forged my parents signatures so i can get free lunch becuase my dad gives 5 bucks a day for lunch. I bought both my crawlers, ipods, psp, clothes and a whole bunch of other chit from lunch money
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Pack up all your rc stuff and put it out of sight. Find another interest or activity to focus on till you start to miss crawling again. Then when you come back to it, you'll feel like you have a fresh start and outlook on it .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Cop k-9 are awesome!
nmanuel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I love sheppards but he looks like an overgrown cheewawa in that pic
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
06 Super National Champ

I got burnt out. Sold off quite a bit of stuff because I got tired of having that crap taking up garage space.

Still have more to clear out, too.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
Got Worms?

I know how you feel, once school is here theres no work, around here theres only a few business that will let minors work and they're never open for more than a few hours after school is over and won't hire me. I have about 150$ enough for about a months worth of gas back and forth to school so i'm out cash hunting, i've been bugging the lhs guy to let me work there for the last few months and he keeps saying if this steven kid doesn't comeback after his vacation i'll have a job, so finally Saturday he asked me what my school hours are so i'm thinking steven isn't coming back. Well i hope anyways. Oh the stuff you mentioned above on what you make money off of i do almost those chores identical to that but i don't get paid so feel lucky, i'm told their paying me by putting a roof over my head and clothes on my back. Mowing, washing the semi, feed and water livestock, other misc yard work, cleaning a room stuffed full of crawler stuff (its impossible to keep it clean, i gotta take all the crawlers stuff out everyday and go crawling )

Anyways I would suggest if you are burnt out on crawling put a new body on the crawler and let it be a shelf queen for a few months then go again
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Everyone goes through some sort of burn out, regardless of the hobby.

I was ready to sell all my gear a few months ago...no desire to wrench or build and I could have cared less about running any of it.

I didn't touch anything for about 3 weeks, then I went out and beat the shit out of my VXL Slash at a skate park which made me real happy

Wrenched on that, then on my Scaler and slowly got the urge to get busy again.

As was said, pack it away out of site for a while and go back to it when you miss it. Don't let the frustration of a few mistakes or wrong parts take the fun out of it for you...it's you on the rocks, not the dude at your LHS
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

From my seat, its looking like a fair number of your problems in the initial post are from not personally checking what you are buying. Just an observation..

I do completely understand getting burnt out on the hobby and the school cash flow issues. I currently have a pile of crawler bits taking up space on and in my desk, including an 80% complete tube chassis. Hopefully I can get the chassis done in a few weeks and have something to play with.. About the same with my mountain bike project, the frame has been sitting in my room wearing primer for nearly a month because it is too dang humid to lay down paint. I wanna hit the trails!

Ehh.. rant over, carry on. I feel your pain.
vw_thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Yea I got burned out in Jan sold my crap.....EVERYTHING..now I'm shopping again after getting bit by "the bug"for a second time. Box it up so you can fall back on it when ya get bored. Oh and wrenching and a little creative thinking and use of the parts you have is what got this hobby going in the first place
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #17
RCC Addict

I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing, but once i start something i have to finish it. Like it is very hard for me to put something down that is broke and not driveable. Like right now, i fried my esc in my crawler and i need 40 so i can send back a broken one to novak and get a new one. I only have like 30 bucks right now so im doing everything i can to get the money.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
I got burnt out. Sold off quite a bit of stuff because I got tired of having that crap taking up garage space.

Still have more to clear out, too.
BS! You have a fricking RC trailer you could put your RC's in! Well not the planes but you know what I'm saying! Ill be glad to come get the trailer and the rest of the RC's in your way!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #19
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Same here. Years on the grind just catch up sometime. It doesn't help that I made my hobby my living, but I still enjoy the technical aspects and get out crawling whenever I can.

Biggest problem became keeping my rigs all running. At one point I had about 15 of them, all broken.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
This year i forged my parents signatures so i can get free lunch becuase my dad gives 5 bucks a day for lunch. I bought both my crawlers, ipods, psp, clothes and a whole bunch of other chit from lunch money
I literally hated kids like you in school. You are STEALING from your parents, WTF is wrong with you?????? They are trying to feed you and keep you healthy and alive and your reaction is to scam them. Way to go, I hope you grow a conscience at some point in time.

You are soiling my name. - smiley face
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote