Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Dyson vacuums, worth the price?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Dyson vacuums, worth the price?

anyone have one? are they worth the cost? my wife and i just bought a new house and for the first time in a few years we need a vacuum. the new house has some carpet in it, old one was all tile and wood. we've got a vacuum that cost us $250 a few yrs ago and it doesn't work worth a shit, really considering a Dyson, Ive heard they're great. but $400-500 is hard to swallow if I'm not sure its gonna kick ass, for a long time.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
Oliver Custom Knives

We bought an "Animal" , purple MOFO , when we bought our new house. That was 4 years ago , its a badass vacume. My kids didn't even tear it up.
Spend the money it's worth it.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
RCC Addict

They kick ass for sure. Bit the bullet and bought my wife one about a year and a half ago. First time we used it we were discusted by how much dirt and stuff came out of our carpet. My wife was always vacuuming twice a week, and then we seen how much work that old vac wasn't doing. Well worth the money my friend, btw. Works well on the couches as well.
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

We've been rockin the DC14 for about 5 years now. It's still a stong sucker. Best part is not having to buy a $40 paper filter every couple months.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
06 Super National Champ

Dysons suck.

Of course they're supposed to.

They kick ass. No regrets.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

sweet, done...

jason, its funny, i read the replies to my wife and she guess it was you! haha!!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
Mic
Rock Crawler

We got a Dyson "Animal" about 4 years ago. Right after a Kirby salesman came to our house. Loved it at first. The clutch broke after 3+ years and it was not covered under warranty. Vacuum was down for a few weeks and $125 to fix. My wife bought a $40 bag-less bissle to use while the dyson was getting fixed. The cheap one worked just as well if not better and we could have bought about 15 of them for what we have in the Dyson. The Dysons are good but about $200 over priced.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
sweet, done...

jason, its funny, i read the replies to my wife and she guess it was you! haha!!
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:26 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

We got a Dyson "Ball" earlier this summer. Had a super sale &it ended up at about $300. It sucks great but I dont really like the ergonomics of it. Its supposed to be smoother/easier to use but if youre used to an "old fashion" style vaccuum it can be aggravating.

I would have just gotten any old sucker but a certain someone wanted someting fancy...
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I hate vacuuming.....we bought a house without carpet!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

We have the animal and the ball. We like the old fashioned animal better.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #12
dkf
Rock Crawler

I get a kick out of Dysons fan. Costs $300 for a Dyson fan and consumer reports rates a $30 wally world fan as performing the same.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I hate vacuuming.....we bought a house without carpet!
Same here, our old rental house had no carpet at all, the one we just bought has carpet in the bedrooms. Everything else is tile and wood.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Our Dyson is awesome...

I think if you want something better, you move into the water class of vacuums like a Rainbow.

Not only does the Dyson work great, they are easy to service yourself when needed.

SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
~THE SCALE SHOP~

recently bought a bissel. piece if shit. it actually wont vacum carpet. at all. no matter what height you have it set to.
just have to use the hose to suck up dirt off the tile. waste of money. should have got that dirt devil i really wanted for $30 more.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

We have a Dyson DC25 (ball) and it friggen rocks! I don't dig cleaning the house, but vacuuming is always fun with the Dyson...lol.

The way the hose attaches is genius! Its all in the handle, you flip the cap up on the top of the handle and pull the whole handle up and you have the hose attachment! You can go from vacuum to hose in seconds and vice versa, its handy for when you see dust up in the fan or in between the fridge and the wall or something..Ya its kinda cheesy to be raving about that, but its a cool feature that I really like. I am sure that other systems have it but none are up to par with a Dyson.

FYI if you have a Bed Bath and Beyond in your area, sign up on their website for their mailing list and you get an instant 20% off of one item in their store. Now the fine print says no Dyson vacs, but they will often overlook that. This is how we got our Dyson.
slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

We have a Dyson. Our carpet is about a year old. Like stated above my wife was always vacuming. We got the Dyson and were really disgusted at the amount of dirt that came out of our 1 year old carpet that was vacumed every day. You cant go wrong with a Dyson.
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Best vacuum I have ever owned, hands down.

Major likes, long cord so I don't have to unplug and replug constantly. Second major like, long accessories hose so I can leave the vacuum at the bottom of the stairs and vacuum the whole stairwell without dragging the unit with me.

Not to mention it sucks! I did tests with it initially when I got mine and vacuumed with my old one first, then with the dyson and it was ridiculous the amount of dirt the dyson picked up after using the other unit.

Definitely get the ball though, much more maneuverable.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
We bought an "Animal" , purple MOFO , when we bought our new house. That was 4 years ago , its a badass vacume. My kids didn't even tear it up.
Spend the money it's worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj View Post
We have the animal and the ball. We like the old fashioned animal better.

Purple animal ball here any thing else is just temporary, worth every penny especially if you have a pet.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
I joined the Band!

best vacuum I've owned, love it it is made to clean up fast, and maintain fast. mines 4 or 5 years old i did have to replace the tranny peice for 49 bucks, good as new again..
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote