Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ban on trick or treating?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
LR3
Rock Crawler

Default Ban on trick or treating?

Came across this on yahoo. In my personal opinion I find this kind of pointless and stupid. A 100$ fine just because elderly people and single mothers are scared of people over 6 feet tall ringing their door bell
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/moments...ating-2403664/

Needless to say, I don't trick or treat anymore, but my younger brother does and I have to take him around so I still dress up(going as a 1970s detective lol), but if kids 15, 16, and even 17 want to go, what is the problem?
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
...but if kids 15, 16, and even 17 want to go, what is the problem?
Because they are old enough to buy their own candy. My son is in the 6th grade and this WILL be his last year. Once you hit middle school, it is time to give it up
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
RCC Addict

You aren't really to old for anything. Well maybe playing with barbies when you are a 70 year old woman. But there are things that are available for all ages. I think trick or treating is one of them.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
Because they are old enough to buy their own candy. My son is in the 6th grade and this WILL be his last year. Once you hit middle school, it is time to give it up
So its time for rolling yards and egging peoples houses?
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
So its time for rolling yards and egging peoples houses?
No, but that is how my wife and I were both raised. Middle school is the time when you should be transitioning from childish ways to more adult behavior. Dressing up and begging for candy from your neighbors is for small children. If he is anything like I was in middle school, he will have at least 3 or 4 parties to choose from to attend on Halloween.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
No, but that is how my wife and I were both raised. Middle school is the time when you should be transitioning from childish ways to more adult behavior. Dressing up and begging for candy from your neighbors is for small children. If he is anything like I was in middle school, he will have at least 3 or 4 parties to choose from to attend on Halloween.
Exactly same way i've been raised. Right now I'm in 8th grade top of the food chain in middle school. I went from having my parents buying me stuff to me buying my own stuff, from having my dad fix my things to me fixing my things. I went from wearing a size 6 shoe in 6th grade to a 12 in 8th grade. Its all about growing up, I support myself in this hobby. Like most people, we've all snuck around with girls, went rolling yards, ect, ect. It's all about growing up and making decisions for yourself, but at heart your still a kid. Thats just the way I look at it.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I gave it up at age 12, and I think thats should be the approx. cut off age. But who am I to say, I still play with RC cars.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I know, but I have to go with my younger brother to make sure nobody takes him into the black "candy van"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler View Post
You aren't really to old for anything. Well maybe playing with barbies when you are a 70 year old woman. But there are things that are available for all ages. I think trick or treating is one of them.
That is how I look at it, if I have to take my brother around might as well get some free twix bars while doing it
Quote:
All the halloween parties around here ALWAYS get busted for drugs, under age drinking, etc and I don't want to be part of that at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
but at heart your still a kid. Thats just the way I look at it.
That would explain why there are so many 40+ year olds playing with RCs on this site lol
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Needless to say, I don't trick or treat anymore, but my younger brother does and I have to take him around so I still dress up(going as a 1970s detective lol), but if kids 15, 16, and even 17 want to go, what is the problem?
I get 800 trick or treaters and still dress up as well. Last year I was Beetle Juice and this year I am Mr Krueger. If people a afraid lock your door and hide under the bed, 1-2 Freddy's coming for you....

sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

In my neighborhood, if you dont want folks knocking on your door, you turn the porch lights off. Simple as that. No need for a ban...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
In my neighborhood, if you dont want folks knocking on your door, you turn the porch lights off. Simple as that. No need for a ban...

Yup...
dickwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I used to sit on my porch to hand out candy to the kids, I'd tell the kids w/ out a costume or who were taller than my mail box to keep walking!

12 sounds like a good cut off age to me.

Last edited by dezfan; 10-27-2010 at 08:33 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I always keep some really crappy cheap candy for the older ones. They look pissed when I give them 1 root beer barrel and the 7 year old in front of them got a hand full of Snickers.

If you have boobs or pubes...you are SOL trick or treating at my place
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

We have always cut our kids off at 14, at that point they have to take their younger siblings around.
As for the older kids comming to our door, we have 2 bowls of candy the "kids" bowl with all the good stuff in it and the "old" bowl that contains cheap dum dum suckers. the kids get 2 or 3 pieces from the kids bowl and we hand the older kids 1 dum dum.
thumper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

And what ever happened to Trick or Treating in your own neighborhood?

I get 100's of kids that are not from my neighborhood! I don't really mind the kids, but the "Mommies" w/ infants to young to eat candy! They piss me off!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I have you beat Dez, I had honest to god STRIPPERS/HOOKERS trick or treat at the place I rented after my divorce. They had it all....raspy voice, glitter, fake tits, tattoos, hoe heels, and reeked of Loves Baby Soft. When they stumbled up to the door and said "trick or treat", I said trick. The answer was...

"$200.00 an hour or $450.00 for the both of us"

Last edited by Eritex Inc.; 10-27-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

You can kick American politics but don't mess with Halloween.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I always keep some really crappy cheap candy for the older ones. They look pissed when I give them 1 root beer barrel and the 7 year old in front of them got a hand full of Snickers.

If you have boobs or pubes...you are SOL trick or treating at my place
So, do you do pub checks on all the boys who look old enough? Or just a guesstimation
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
You can kick American politics but don't mess with Halloween.
bingo
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Came across this on yahoo. In my personal opinion I find this kind of pointless and stupid. A 100$ fine just because elderly people and single mothers are scared of people over 6 feet tall ringing their door bell
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/moments...ating-2403664/

I dont understand why you are so fast to try and grow up and act like an adult. Be a kid, go do kid stuff. Being an adult sucks in comparison to being 15 again. Go have fun and play pranks on people. Go ding dong ditching or move forsale signs into other peoples yards. Just have fun.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote