Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What do you guys think of

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What do you guys think of

I just picked up this Hi-Point 9mm pistol. What ya think of it? It is the model c9 9mm

hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

I would never in a million years trust that gun to protect me or my family! I have personally seen that gun have non stop failure to feeds and eject! It is a very cheap gun that is poorly made! It is part of what I call the throw away gun collection! HiPoint, Jennings and a few other are just worthless! (In no way am I trying to bash you at all! Just giving my opion.)
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I would never in a million years trust that gun to protect me or my family! I have personally seen that gun have non stop failure to feeds and eject! It is a very cheap gun that is poorly made! It is part of what I call the throw away gun collection! HiPoint, Jennings and a few other are just worthless! (In no way am I trying to bash you at all! Just giving my opion.)
Ya I got it for free from a family member but so far I like it for a 130 dollar gun.. Over 200 shells no jams yet
Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
OH and I was hoping you would chime in.. This will not be for pertection more of a plinker
Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #5
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hende View Post
OH and I was hoping you would chime in.. This will not be for pertection more of a plinker
If it's just for shooting at the range and BS'ing cool Keep it as clean as you can and use decent ammo through it!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

what would you suggest for ammo?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Quote:
Ya I got it for free from a family member but so far I like it for a 130 dollar gun.. Over 200 shells no jams yet
Quote:
Quote:
If it's just for shooting at the range and BS'ing cool Keep it as clean as you can and use decent ammo through it!

I have one i keep under my seat. keep it CLEAN AND OILED! I've never had a problem with mine, but pill the trigger till it jams, then beat the person with it! lmao. It definitely would not be my first choice for self defence, but should get the job done if need be.
rugerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
RCC Addict

They must be an off and off brand from what Ive seen. I had a HiPoint .45 and it was the best gun Ive had to date, I had it for a couple years and shot box after box after box of ammo without ever cleaning and ever having a single problem with it...BUT, Ive seen others in person have alot of trouble.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I did the sear pin to my buddys and had full auto. It was stupid fun for about 10 clips then my thumbs got tired of shoving shells . Sent it back to hi point told em the sear pin was lost in a drain and they sent him back a new gun with ghost sights , a new barrell, and slide.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I've got the .40, it does fine. Haven't shot it in a few months. To bulky to carry and hard to fit in the glove compartment. Normally my .22 mag revolver is in my truck instead.

As for home protection, I've got the Mosin for that
max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
I did the sear pin to my buddys and had full auto. It was stupid fun for about 10 clips then my thumbs got tired of shoving shells . Sent it back to hi point told em the sear pin was lost in a drain and they sent him back a new gun with ghost sights , a new barrell, and slide.
That's a good way to go to prison if you get caught doing such things. Just a friendly warning before you find out the hard way.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
They must be an off and off brand from what Ive seen. I had a HiPoint .45 and it was the best gun Ive had to date, I had it for a couple years and shot box after box after box of ammo without ever cleaning and ever having a single problem with it...BUT, Ive seen others in person have alot of trouble.

I've got a .45 too. Was the first pistol that I bought. Have put 1000's of rounds through it with no issues. Great plinker, but not something that I would want to carry or use for self defense.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I've got a .45 too. Was the first pistol that I bought. Have put 1000's of rounds through it with no issues. Great plinker, but not something that I would want to carry or use for self defense.
I'd say that with 1000 rounds through it, I'd probably begin to trust it for self defense. I can't say that about my Glock! Problems arose on it after about 300-400 rounds. Its fixed now. But its still a trust issue.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Do as I do get a Desert Eagle. Got one will hollow points for any intruders
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
I'd say that with 1000 rounds through it, I'd probably begin to trust it for self defense. I can't say that about my Glock! Problems arose on it after about 300-400 rounds. Its fixed now. But its still a trust issue.
Care to share. That is the main reason I bought my Glock due to their reputation of being reliable. Ive put a lot of rounds through mine. I cant begin to think of a number but it was a lot in a very short time. I have yet to see anything look worn besides the outside of my barrel.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
Care to share. That is the main reason I bought my Glock due to their reputation of being reliable. Ive put a lot of rounds through mine. I cant begin to think of a number but it was a lot in a very short time. I have yet to see anything look worn besides the outside of my barrel.
x2 I've had my glock for about a year now and have had no problems with it. I take it to the range at the local bass pro every weekend and it gets cleaned and oiled every other weekend.
axialman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #17
dkf
Rock Crawler

I guess a Hi-Point is better than nothing. Me, I'd sell all of my R/C stuff to buy a quality gun if I didn't have the money.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
I had problems with rounds jamming in my 27. I had a friend of mine who is an armorer fix it. he said it was something about the feed ramp. he filed and polished it and now it seems fine.
I also have a Taurus Millennium Pro .40 and I've had problems with misfires a lot in that one. Nice thing about the Taurus is that if on the first pull of the trigger, the round doesn't fire, Just pull the trigger again and it will! The only one I've not had any problems with was a Starfire 9mm.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #19

i have a hi point 9mm carbine and i love it i have approx 2500 rounds of cheap ammo through it and never cleaned it once with no jams or issues at all
uglysami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Ya I like the 9mm carbine rifle for $230 I think I will get one. My cousin has one and about 2000 rounds problem free.