Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ebay??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Ebay??

Has anyone else had any issues with sellers as of lately?
ive had to file 3 claims in the past 2mnths!!

items not in package,sent 3 emails,no response,then seller responds minutes after i file a claim..

bought items..wait for my tracking #...2 days,4days,a week,sent them
3 emails,no response,file a claim..whatya know he responds..
he's been sick,oh and he didnt have the item instock....now im really pissed..just got them yesterday..

how can these people sell stuff they dont even have instock??

then mr.christian with the bible scriptures on his auction page
says ..if i buy 3 bodies,and pay at the same time,i get a discount on shipping,i do..,no discount,doesnt answer his emails,wont even leave me feedback,not to mention the same guy(another bidder) kept bumping up the bids till it hit a certain amount then he disappears..

just wondering if anyones had it with ebay besides me.

or do i just get lucky.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

eBay is a complete JOKE. I can not wait until they shut that shithole down once and for all.
F1GHTF1R3W1THF1Re. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

the fees are getting a lil outta hand as well..
Old 11-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I was bidding on a few auctions the other day(I had bids on them all week), that were all from the same seller. The final day is coming up and I get an e-mail notice that all the auctions were canceled. He re-listed them within the hour and he says "Oh, I forgot to add international bidding." What an a$$! He's not getting half the price he would have now.

On top of that, he canceled them a second time. And now there are duplicates too!

Things like this have been happening a lot lately. And prices are unpredictable now that the holidays are coming up.
Blazerbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Oh I had great luck on biddings, never had a problem so far. But I only bid on low items or just bid once or twice on an item. They do jack up biddings once awhile. Always check the shipping price first before you bid. This is where they really jack up the prices... they go like $10 to $20, when a $4.95 usps prioirty would be enough.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #6

Every once in a while I hit a snag with some sellers. I tend to stick to some sellers that i've dealt before to lessen this issue. unfortunately for us outside USA, we have lesser option on where to get parts. Specially when we tend to use other brand/part to a totally different purpose/vehicle. Ebay is the next best option. Most US store dont ship outside US while EU store are so expensive even on the shipping.
TruckBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ive have trouble with a few. 1 being everything RC. They never have the item in stock, will not respond to any emails. They did give a refund after a paypal dispute. Then search for something like "Losi Comp Crawler" and you get a crap load of parts for a AX10.

Seems like ebay is only now only a central hub for shopping from hobby shops or other stores. For me, the stiff fee's have made it useless for me to sell on ebay anymore.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Ive have trouble with a few. 1 being everything RC. They never have the item in stock, will not respond to any emails. They did give a refund after a paypal dispute. Then search for something like "Losi Comp Crawler" and you get a crap load of parts for a AX10.

Seems like ebay is only now only a central hub for shopping from hobby shops or other stores. For me, the stiff fee's have made it useless for me to sell on ebay anymore.
i've bought once from everything RC and had no issues, but this isn't the first time i've read that they arn't the best.
only very few things i'll get on eBay, has to be a really good deal or i'll go somewhere else, I don't have a credit card so its the easiest for me when it comes to buying online. (that and the BST here of course)

i've never sold on eBay, and never will
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I sold an item a few weeks ago and had to file a claim because the buyer would not respond to requests for payment and after nearly two weeks I filed a claim. The item was paid for the next day, claim dropped. I shipped and a few days later the buyer filed a claim on me stating that the package arrived at a location more than 35 miles from him even though I shipped it to the address provided. I responded with that information and ebay closed his claim. Yeah...ebay is full of idiots though I do find a decent deal now and then. I hate selling on there because of the fees, between ebay and paypal they really eat at the profits. But buying...I do that mostly.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

i have my favorite sellers i try to stick to..
but 2 of them i had to file the claims against..
been shopping with them for a few years now.

and ive been getting better service from across the ocean!!
checking up on my orders a month later to see if im happy,any problems
they could help with.
which i was greatful for,only other company that EVER did that was
corey at RPP.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Suck it up!

I stopped buying rc parts on ebay some time ago. I can get damn near anything I want from either the FS section or from one of our vendors without the drama and fee-rape.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #12
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
i have my favorite sellers i try to stick to..
but 2 of them i had to file the claims against..
been shopping with them for a few years now.

and ive been getting better service from across the ocean!!
checking up on my orders a month later to see if im happy,any problems
they could help with.
which i was greatful for,only other company that EVER did that was
corey at RPP.
Im sorry I screwed ya over boss. I will refund your money after 45 days

I try and only buy from the 100% people and those that are stores I know of. See what keeps me doing it is the bonus cash I get back when I buy things. So after every three months I get a nice amount of free cash.
I know its hard to do, but you gotta pick your sellers.
I generally buy from TheToyz, Toadstoys, a few China companies and canadien companies.

I have been thinking of setting up a thread with a list of people I have dealt with on a normal bassis to help those who do ebay stay with safe deals.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Poeple are dicks on there! There is a guy selling a so called RC4WD TF on there now and if you look at it , it's a Powers Racing Komodo chassis. I sent the guy a message and he responed with "OK" , but never changed the add. The people with shitty feedback seem to have more protection on there than the people with great feedback. Politics always has to **** up everything!!
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I have had only one bad experience with a guy that bought a mamba max from me and had damaged it and E-Bay sided with him in a dispute(E-Bay tends to side with the buyer) i have a 100% ranking and have been selling and buying for about 4 years, you just have to be careful who you deal with. Make sure you read their feedback and research the items and always make sure you know where they are located.
briansbodies is offline   Reply With Quote