Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: You figure CKRC will honor this last bunch of giveaways?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglysami View Post
I'm just trying to tell you to quit whining and do something about it if you don't like it. don't be a whiny little b*tch and act like a goddamn adult
What do you suggest he do about a vendor not giving away what they promoted?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

well i hope they get there shit right and do the drawings this time

have any one seen a winner for this one yet?
**RCBROS Aluminum Servo Posts GIVEAWAY**

it not ckrc but still no winner posted i have seen
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #23
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
And why has RCC not addressed this situation if its ocurring as often as its been said?
This is the first I have heard of them not honoring giveaways. If someone has proof of this please PM me the info.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #24
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglysami View Post
i gotta be honest if i had sh*tty customers like you i wouldnt honor anything either
What is your definition of a bad customer? What is your definition of a good customer?
Pretty silly to tell someone to act like an adult, when my 3rd grade daughter can put together a correct paragraph and you can't
I'm sure they take great care of you, they have to deal with you face to face, they can't just brush you off like someone on the phone or not reply to emails...
Old 01-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers_toys View Post
have any one seen a winner for this one yet?
**RCBROS Aluminum Servo Posts GIVEAWAY**

it not ckrc but still no winner posted i have seen
**RCBROS Aluminum Servo Posts WINNER**
Old 01-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
Ive had my fair share of problems with CKRC like most have but I do thank them for all the giveaways they do here. I really hope they will honor those old ones too. Theres alot of vendors here, big vendors, that dont do giveaways at all. Maybe king bling needs to do less of them so he can manage them better. But its also dumb that people go around rating his giveaways poorly, their giveaways, free stuff, how is that bad?
I understand where you're coming from, but think about this, these giveaways are also cheap advertising for products. Giving away a $10 or $15 item and getting hundreds of people's attention and replies is actually far cheaper than other sources of advertising for many of the Vendors. Many of the small vendors who sell high dollar items simply can't afford to give stuff away as it would eliminate their entire profits for the year.

As for CKRC's giveaways, the ones from last year it appears were awarded in seperate threads. I actually searched but those didn't show up on the normal *giveaway* search, yet their giveaway thread does. I don't mind a seperate thread to announce the winner but they really should use the same wording on it. There were still a couple threads that ended in July that they never awarded. No seperate thread or no winner in the same thread. Those giveaways were simply free marketing for them.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

ive been in there maybe 3 times, made the mistake of buying a part. well never go back again & i know tons of people here in town feel the same. that place is just a shiit hole, marks up the shiit out of prices, i can tell you some things that would blow your mind...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Glad to hear about their reputation, I was thinking about droping a fairly big order with them because of certain prices but I guess I will stick to my current vendor!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

i guess i'm not the only one who got a bad taste left in their mouth
by them.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #30
MrH
Pebble Pounder

I made the mistake of making my big order with them a little less that a month ago, when they had the XR10 's on sale. Based on their web site, which states that purchases of more than $300 would get free shipping. Based on this I ordered the kit, along with some VP goodies, which put my total order to almost $350. When I started to check out, shipping charges were added. I called their sales line to finish my order, and was told that the prices were for on line sales only, and that my shipping charges would be refunded. After hearing nothing, I contacted them by email and asked if they were going to refund my shipping charges. The response came back within a few days, and said that my purchas did not qualify for free shipping. if they are not going to honor their own advertizing on their web site, why would they honor a givaway on this board.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #31
Debunking old stereotypes

I'll ask John or Jason to look into this.
I'm closing this thread because its becoming a flame fest.
Closed Thread