Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Fun off roading console games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default Fun off roading console games

Well i haven't tried the pc games that i've seen a few times posted on here but heres all the games i play, i know all of them are a ps2 game, usnure about x-box

Smugglers Run-

Real fun, lots of hills and such to climb, funner playing multiplayer so you can have competition. There are places where you have to slow down, and crawl/maneuver the vehicle correctly in tricky spots. This is on joy ride, the actual game part, not as fun.

Smugglers Run 2-

Have to play the game to get levels/maps unlocked, first map and set of cars aren't fun to play with, i've only gotten to the second map and its a little funner, smugglers run 1 is still my fav.

4x4evo-(4x4 evolution)

been long time since i played it, but had alot of options for your truck, can't remberer if it had free roam or not, there is alos a number 2

-Test Drive Off Road: Wide Open

I just got this game a few days ago and so far the free roam is great, lots of fun, and the game play is challenging but more as in a sense of which line you want to take to get first, actually controlling the vehicle is real easy. Also this is the only game that has actual name brand manufactures, they have 1-2 jeeps a hummer, blazer, bronco, f150, dodge and chevy trucks, and possibly more, idk. Each vehicle has a stock, modified, pro and unlimited version. only stock and modified are at the beginning, you got to play to unlock the others. There are 3 maps, 1 in moab, 1 in hawii i think, and them one in the mountains somewhere. The few hours i played, lots of fun, huge maps, but the pro and unimited class trucks would make it alot funner in free roam, so the more challenging lines can become possible.

So far these are the only games i know of, or have played, no rock crawling specific, but most of them apply similar concepts, but in a different way. Post up any games you know of
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
cherry bomb

another good one, older but awesome offroading game is 1NSANE, I havn't played it in years but it was great.

a good free one for the computer is rigs of rods

http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/?

sorry, dont know any decent console ones, none now a days are really that great.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #3

One of the best computer based 4x4 games I've ever played were Cabela's offroad adventure 1 and 2.

Both were lots of fun cars were tunable and upgradable. Winching was even involved on several occasions.

4x4 evo is sweet too.
ThatJeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have Motorm4X...rock crawling and trialing game on PC only! It's awesome! Needs a fast PC though!
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...bad721086f9712

Sorry just noticed the 'console' in the title!

Last edited by WolverineX; 01-06-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Sorry just noticed the 'console' in the title!
WolverineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

fred0000 your Profile Pic is Killing me.............Can I have her number??....LOL Man A Rock Crawling game for a Console would be good...I do not know of any good ones except DIRT cause they have the Short Course Trucks
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Well i haven't tried the pc games that i've seen a few times posted on here but heres all the games i play, i know all of them are a ps2 game, usnure about x-box

Smugglers Run-

Real fun, lots of hills and such to climb, funner playing multiplayer so you can have competition. There are places where you have to slow down, and crawl/maneuver the vehicle correctly in tricky spots. This is on joy ride, the actual game part, not as fun.

Smugglers Run 2-

Have to play the game to get levels/maps unlocked, first map and set of cars aren't fun to play with, i've only gotten to the second map and its a little funner, smugglers run 1 is still my fav.

4x4evo-(4x4 evolution)

been long time since i played it, but had alot of options for your truck, can't remberer if it had free roam or not, there is alos a number 2

-Test Drive Off Road: Wide Open

I just got this game a few days ago and so far the free roam is great, lots of fun, and the game play is challenging but more as in a sense of which line you want to take to get first, actually controlling the vehicle is real easy. Also this is the only game that has actual name brand manufactures, they have 1-2 jeeps a hummer, blazer, bronco, f150, dodge and chevy trucks, and possibly more, idk. Each vehicle has a stock, modified, pro and unlimited version. only stock and modified are at the beginning, you got to play to unlock the others. There are 3 maps, 1 in moab, 1 in hawii i think, and them one in the mountains somewhere. The few hours i played, lots of fun, huge maps, but the pro and unimited class trucks would make it alot funner in free roam, so the more challenging lines can become possible.

So far these are the only games i know of, or have played, no rock crawling specific, but most of them apply similar concepts, but in a different way. Post up any games you know of
i have part one and 2, part 2 you got to have something to convery your game console so you can play 4x4 evo part 2 on your american consoles it's brand new tried to play it til i found out you got to have something installed to play games from other countires and stuff...
jon1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineX View Post
I have Motorm4X...rock crawling and trialing game on PC only! It's awesome! Needs a fast PC though!
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...bad721086f9712

Sorry just noticed the 'console' in the title!
Found it here....
http://store.steampowered.com/app/34860/
Anyone know of this place? I'd like to buy it but not sure if i trust it
mudrinner4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
RCC Addict

http://offroad-game.com/

Coming out Q2 2011 worldwide. It's basically like offroad trials events with rock crawling, mud bogs and stuff like that. I can't wait to play it.

Also, there's an editor in the game that lets you make your own courses.

Edit: nvm, editor is only on the pc version...

Last edited by canadianbacon; 01-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

STEAM IS all good. You can trust them
Old 01-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrinner4ever View Post
Found it here....
http://store.steampowered.com/app/34860/
Anyone know of this place? I'd like to buy it but not sure if i trust it
This is probably the best $7 you'll spend on an offroad/trials/rockcrawling game. I got this game a while ago before it was released in the US, IIRC. Lots of fun, but I quit playing it because it was in Russian

Off-road drive looks good too. I'm looking forward to playing it on the X360 on my 50" plasma

Last edited by whoodie; 01-09-2011 at 06:07 PM.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

yep its looks Killer, Link Below

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1094789p1.html
Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Xbox 360 demo should be out in Feb. I've been following the game for a while
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Xbox 360 demo should be out in Feb. I've been following the game for a while
That's good to know. I too have been following it for a while. I liked UAZ 4x4 but it was really buggy (and not sold in the states). This looks to be very similar to it. I was a bit bummed when they delayed it from the Q4 2010 release though.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #14
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
http://offroad-game.com/

Coming out Q2 2011 worldwide. It's basically like offroad trials events with rock crawling, mud bogs and stuff like that. I can't wait to play it.

Also, there's an editor in the game that lets you make your own courses.

Edit: nvm, editor is only on the pc version...
Damn, i guess i i got to get a 360 now
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
I joined the Band!

Feb. Cool!!