Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Should I go to the doctor about this???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
Bob I have no Idea what you just said but, Ok.

I go to the orthepedic doctor about my back, since I have Scholiyosis or however you spell it. Its where your spine's crooked, that should tell you. It doesn't really hurt me its just the County says I have to inorder to play. I also got Gall stones which hurt like a trucker sometimes too.

I'm going to be going to the Doc soon. I'll let you know how it goes!
thats pretty common.

good luck man, and take care of yourself
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

X-Rays do in fact show some soft tissue, though they are by no means the preferred. I have read very many x-rays, and have seen soft tissue issues. Exposure intesity and duration also impact the effectiveness of x-rays. In addition to MRI's, there are CTScans.

From football, motorcycles, etc., I have no ACL, a beat up PCL, and a beat up meniscus (slightly torn I think). So you need to go, You dont want to let it go. The more pain, the more likely the increase in damage. Plus, you dont want to have bone against bone rubbing.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
X-Rays do in fact show some soft tissue, though they are by no means the preferred. I have read very many x-rays, and have seen soft tissue issues. Exposure intesity and duration also impact the effectiveness of x-rays. In addition to MRI's, there are CTScans.
Of course they do. However, connective tissue has a similar electron density as fatty tissue, which makes it difficult to distinguish one from the other. CTs are best at distinguishing objects with difference difference in density (which is the reason contrast agents are used). But, as it sounds like you are a radiologist or x-ray tech, you already know that.

BTW, I am looking at a CT as I type this message...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

yes..........
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

I had knee pain and had it checked out, turns out I now have osteo-arthritis in my knees...and I'm 29.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

if it ever burns when you pee don't ask on the board if you should go to the doctor.. Just a little something to tuck away in the back of your brain if it ever comes up
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
if it ever burns when you pee don't ask on the board if you should go to the doctor.. Just a little something to tuck away in the back of your brain if it ever comes up
Well said!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
I had knee pain and had it checked out, turns out I now have osteo-arthritis in my knees...and I'm 29.
Sucks dont it. The only good thing, is depending on where you live, it makes a decent barometer.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Of course they do. However, connective tissue has a similar electron density as fatty tissue, which makes it difficult to distinguish one from the other. CTs are best at distinguishing objects with difference difference in density (which is the reason contrast agents are used). But, as it sounds like you are a radiologist or x-ray tech, you already know that.

BTW, I am looking at a CT as I type this message...
Ca+ helps a wee bit too.

I like MRI's, except I fall asleep during the noise, and wake up when it stops.

CT's arent so cool. If you get the Barium milkshakes for contrast its not bad. The banana tastes fake. The vanilla is good. Havent tried the berry yet. Toss them in the fridge 24hrs before - makes them better.

Avoid imaging places that make you drink Iodine as a contrast. Ewwww, blech! Sip, gag, sip, stomach turns over, sip, gag, sip, queasy - sucks!

Iodine IV contrast is interesting. Feels warm going in. If they break out of the vein - hurts a bit, burns a bit too. If you are lucky you get to taste metal.

Now chilled Ringers are sooooooo cool. Seriously, its like a drug having cold saline go into your veins.

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

CC OS your knee warm to the touch when the pain strikes?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
CC OS your knee warm to the touch when the pain strikes?
Kinda.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
CT's arent so cool. If you get the Barium milkshakes for contrast its not bad. The banana tastes fake. The vanilla is good. Havent tried the berry yet. Toss them in the fridge 24hrs before - makes them better.
Yep, I've tasted them before.....tasted like chalk to me.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Jeez wiz! sounds like you're a wreck. Yea! go see a doctor about it.
In my youth, I was real rough on my body, ligaments in my right knee have been torn to shreds, never had it repaired, my left hip and both hands are messed up bad from arthritis. When you get on in age a bit, all the old injuries will come back to haunt you, don't regret not taking care of nagging aches and pains while you are still young.
On some days, it's mid morning before I can even make a fist or hold a screw driver properly, forget about cycling, jogging or mowing the lawn.
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote