Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I'm in deep...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default I'm in deep...

Was checking my paypal account and seen this notice:

"Congratulations! You've been automatically enrolled in PayPal Advantage—a new priority service program for our top customers. Available to customers with over $5,000 in PayPal transactions in the past year, we're giving you Advantage benefits because you're one of our best."

I had no idea I spent that much on this hobby in the last year, all of it in our classifieds section and evilbay. I really didn't need to see that, I'm hooked worse than I thought.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It adds up quick. I got a reality check two years ago.

In 2008, my wife made me add up all the reciepts I could find for my hobby purchases. I spent about $8,000 on R/C's. I know that may be a low number for some.

I have since limited my R/C collection to just 3. Well, i have 4 currently. I know that would kill some folks if they only had three r/c's. If I want something else, i have to sacrifice a rig.
And I give myself a budget every month. Once I'm over that, tough. Sell something or wait.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Pfft, amateur. I've got at least that in parts for my newest build

Yep, it does add up fast if you don't pay attention to it. I've actually cut way back on the spending, and it's surprising how much more money I have available at the end of the month !
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

After I invested somewhere around the $4500 mark into my 5b, and it STILL broke every run...It was time to go. Now I just stick to the smaller stuff and it seems cheap!
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
JEG

When i tell people what I have into some of my RC rigs it's kinda funny to watch the jaw drop. Most people never expect these little "RC'S" to cost what they do. But it's a hobby and something I really like so it's worth it to me.
JEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEG View Post
When i tell people what I have into some of my RC rigs it's kinda funny to watch the jaw drop. Most people never expect these little "RC'S" to cost what they do. But it's a hobby and something I really like so it's worth it to me.
I get the sme reaction when I tell people how much my truck cost and how much i have into it.

I can't spend all willy nilly. My mom thinks its a stupid hobbie but I tell her it's better then doing crack. I bet if my mom would buy me what ever I want for my truck, I bet id be in the thousand range.
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Don, dis-enroll ASAP from that 'program'. I've read where PP is sending the IRS information when someone has over $5K in transactions a year. Seriously.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote