Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: bulldog winch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default bulldog winch

hey guys, want to know if i buy the bulldog 9300 will it work off a y plug from my battery? another words, can i run my crawler and the winch together? or do i have to run to batterys. the pic. on the bulldog website shows that the unit has its power source from a tamiya plug. i have a scx10. details and pics. if possable please, thankyou
krazikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I power mine seperate w a little 400 mah lipo and it works perfect. Havent even drawn it down to 80% w numerous pulls. Just watch if you go this route due to the controller not having a voltage cutoff.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Im running mine through a Traxxas Link 4/5 channel RX with a CCBEC set at 6.0v. Has plenty of power and no winch creep. When I originally set the BEC, I set it at 6.5v and I couldnt zero the RC4WD contoler that came with the Bulldog.
Oh yah, Im running 6cell NiMH stick packs.
myth619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I power mine seperate w a little 400 mah lipo and it works perfect. Havent even drawn it down to 80% w numerous pulls. Just watch if you go this route due to the controller not having a voltage cutoff.
thats great info but can i run it off the same battery that i am powering the truck from with a y connector?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikev View Post
thats great info but can i run it off the same battery that i am powering the truck from with a y connector?
Yes, Run it through a BEC off the main battery so you can drop down the voltage.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes as myth said, you can. I also forgot, i have wireless version so i just kept it completely seperate.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Yes as myth said, you can. I also forgot, i have wireless version so i just kept it completely seperate.
i decided to run a 1100 7.2 that i had lying around, this will work fine right? i have it biggy backin on my other 7.2 that is powering the rig. (i havent gotin the winch yet, still on order)

Old 02-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The winch I got from RC4WD just has a RX plug. So it is powered through the RX, which gets powered from the ESC. No need for an extra battery.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
i decided to run a 1100 7.2 that i had lying around, this will work fine right? i have it biggy backin on my other 7.2 that is powering the rig. (i havent gotin the winch yet, still on order)

MAke sure you drop the voltage down to around 6v. The stock controler that comes with the Bullgog will creep either in or out if too much voltage is applied to it . 7.2v may fry the controler.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth619 View Post
MAke sure you drop the voltage down to around 6v. The stock controler that comes with the Bullgog will creep either in or out if too much voltage is applied to it . 7.2v may fry the controler.
i am confused, the website shows to use a 7 cell nimd and i am getting the wireless 9300 it has no controller just a keychain remote control is the 7 cell they talking about a 7.2? or should i get a 6 cell 6 volt?? confused please help.

Last edited by krazikev; 02-15-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I apologize, I didnt realize you were getting the wireless system. Im running mine off the 3rd channel on my TX so it is actually being powered from the reciever. When it had more than 6 volts the winch would creep in or out. Im assuming that the wireless control unit has some sort of BEC so the winch doesnt get the full voltage. Again Im sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Wireless is fine on 2 cell lipo, 8.4 volt. No creep either. Dont think there is a bec as controller is very simple. I just wish they made it smaller as its oversized for what it is.