Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: $1.50/gal Gas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #41
RCC Addict

They set the world up the way it is, and now want to straingle everyone to the last penny and say you are to blame for it. And as long as we all sit here and disagree about it. God forbid they only make 200 billion this year instead of 280 billion like last year.

Im going to spend 20,000-30,000 on a car that gets good gas mileage so I can save 1 buck at the gas pump. That makes perfect sence in this world of home professors.

(sarcasm)
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Im going to spend 20,000-30,000 on a car that gets good gas mileage so I can save 1 buck at the gas pump. That makes perfect sence in this world of home professors.

(sarcasm)
Agreed. I currently drive a gas guzzling SUV that I got for free and it gets....'er.....well......I dont give a crap what mileage it gets...it was free! I'll stick with my lacking car payments to save the $1.50 per fill-up extra that it would cost me (I only fill up twice a month)....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #43
Suck it up!

1. This plan was destined to fail from the start because of the simple fact that it was written by an engineer.

2. The ones who really should be pissed about fuel prices are those that buy diesel, which is essentially a by-product of the gasoline refining process.

3. If you can afford a $40k suv or truck and the fuel to put in it, you can afford a little grocery getter. Nobody is forcing you to go to the dealership and buy new. A $2k Civic would do the job just as well.

4. Part of the reason Venezuela has cheap ass gas is because they don't pump it full of additives and crap.

5. There are many refineries and many distributors, but fewer suppliers. Most of the gas running through our pipelines going out for consumption really only come from a handful of places. Once it reaches it destination it is divided up, additives mixed in, and pumped into a tanker to go to the stations. Chances are you could buy gas at 6 different stations around town and still receive the same base mix of gasoline.

6. Saying "thats how it is and we can't do anything about it" usually give them license to do whatever they want.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I totally smoked out a prius on the way home---YA--SCORE
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I put more miles on 4 wheeler (atv) than I do any of my vehicles..
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #46
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I totally smoked out a prius on the way home---YA--SCORE
I smoked out a Hummer while driving an out of tune diesel powered motorhome.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I smoked out a Hummer while driving an out of tune diesel powered motorhome.
You rock!!!!!!
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Prices in SoCal just went up to $3.85 for the cheap stuff (87 Octane). I'll be spending a pretty penny to fill my Quads for a desert trip at the end of the month. It's already over $4 for the 91 Octane. By April, I'm sure it'll be around $4.50 Figuring out if I have enough money for gas never used to figure into desert trips, beer and booze is another story . Damn the system!
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDELOAD View Post
I think its hilarious that you guys think that $1.50us a gallon is expensive.

Current Australian fuel prices are AUD$1.47/liter...So roughly $6us/gallon.(AUD$1.55+ for 98octane).

You guys have some of the cheapest fuel in the world and you still think its too high...
i live in California. this morning i filled up with regular 89 @ 4.05/gal. on my way home, same station, same octane was 4.15/gal. yeah, the price is stupid ridiculous and waaaaaaaay too high. they took away our 93 which was like gold to us. when i had my turbo starion, i was paying 6.50/gal of 101 octane. that price has gone up substantially, now only sold in 5gal drums, and is a different mixture "for the street", costing $55. id kill for your octane/price, and you guys have better maintained roads. so, yeah, we've got shitloads to gripe about.
slipangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #50
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
You rock!!!!!!
He was driving like an ass, and had the misfortune to stop right beside my tailpipe in traffic. The light turned green, I mashed the gas, and sprayed what looked like a half gallon of atomized fuel into his open passenger window. Never in my life has being an asshole felt so good...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #51
I joined the Band!

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911
We have the oil here but not the capacity to refine it. We havent built a new refinery since the 70s. Dont forget to thank the epa when your getting raped at the pump.
nuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
4. Part of the reason Venezuela has cheap ass gas is because they don't pump it full of additives and crap.
They are part of OPEC....their government subsidizes their petroleum....that is why it is so cheap.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #53
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
They are part of OPEC....their government subsidizes their petroleum....that is why it is so cheap.
Understood, but still, I said "part of the reason". You don't think they'd subsidize the most technologically advanced commercially available fuel and sell it to their citizens for 2 cents a gallon, do you?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Understood, but still, I said "part of the reason". You don't think they'd subsidize the most technologically advanced commercially available fuel and sell it to their citizens for 2 cents a gallon, do you?
Touche! You mean, their Chevron's dont have Techron?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #55
Suck it up!

Quote:
Touche! You mean, their Chevron's dont have Techron?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Grammie?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #57
Suck it up!

Thats a bingo, bitch!

Or, if you aren't big on the punctuation...

thats a bingo bitch

Either way, it works.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Agreed. I currently drive a gas guzzling SUV that I got for free and it gets....'er.....well......I dont give a crap what mileage it gets...it was free! I'll stick with my lacking car payments to save the $1.50 per fill-up extra that it would cost me (I only fill up twice a month)....
my little pickup costs me 40 bucks to fill up and i get 450KM to a tank. my buddy in his half ton gets 450 to his tank does the same drive I do and pays almost 100 bucks cause he uses well over twice as much fuel as I do.
you can't tell me that that isn't wasteful and just adds unneccessery demand thereby increasing price.

Quote:

3. If you can afford a $40k suv or truck and the fuel to put in it, you can afford a little grocery getter. Nobody is forcing you to go to the dealership and buy new. A $2k Civic would do the job just as well.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
Prices in SoCal just went up to $3.85 for the cheap stuff (87 Octane). I'll be spending a pretty penny to fill my Quads for a desert trip at the end of the month. It's already over $4 for the 91 Octane. By April, I'm sure it'll be around $4.50 Figuring out if I have enough money for gas never used to figure into desert trips, beer and booze is another story . Damn the system!
gas is cheap. cheap as shit. the amount you use is what makes it expensive.

hell this shit costs me 110 bucks a liter.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #59
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
my little pickup costs me 40 bucks to fill up and i get 450KM to a tank.
You crazy foreigners and your metric system. Can you convert that to Americanese for us?

Also, got a better pic of that Jackson?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
my little pickup costs me 40 bucks to fill up and i get 450KM to a tank. my buddy in his half ton gets 450 to his tank does the same drive I do and pays almost 100 bucks cause he uses well over twice as much fuel as I do.
you can't tell me that that isn't wasteful and just adds unneccessery demand thereby increasing price.
It all depends on the person and situation. Does he need the big truck to haul stuff? Did he get his truck at a severely discounted price? IMO, buying a new car that is slightly more fuel efficient which wastes a TON of resources is just as wasteful as driving a huge gas guzzler because you already own it.