Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Anyone else get Burned Out once in a while?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Anyone else get Burned Out once in a while?

NO, I don't have depression, I always feel up beat and haven't gotten down about looking for a new job either. Still exploring more education even.
I hit a snag a while back with some electronics and waited for them to get replaced. I didn't really have anything else to work on (which is equally as satisfying as crawling it) I've got the new parts just sitting there and am hope to get them done this weekend, but I'm just at a point where motivation has stalled on working on or even driving the crawler.
Anyone else hit the wall?
What are you doing to get back on track?
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Suck it up!

I go do something else for a while and not even think about the thing I'm burnt out on. At some point I always jump back in with great enthusiasm.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I do that from time to time myself, best thing for me to do is let them sit for a few weeks and let the anticipation build a little. Always seems to bring new life and ideas to the project
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

happens to me when i place black ops.... lol... this has actually hapened to me a few times when i was into rc short course. i wouldnt even look at my truck for a week, then wake up. work on it, take it out and be hooked again.
CRAWLIN5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Clean up the workbench and organize all your parts and pieces. Take a break for a week or two until your new parts show up; this usually works for me when I'm burnt out on working on rigs
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Sold all of it....
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

YES - I got burnt out and thought about selling everything. I didn't thank god lol

Came back to it all a couple months later and got to work.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I tend to float between 1:1 and scalers every few months. It works.
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslowTJ View Post
I tend to float between 1:1 and scalers every few months. It works.
Yup! My TJ keeps me occupied most of the time seeing as it's my DD.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Not having extra money to drop on crawlers which is a downer. also having all these great ideas for things to do or add to my scaler and not being able to do them because of lack of proper tools, know how and skill to do it right
All that aside, ive come to realize that my Mog scaler is reliable enough to where i can take it out and wheel and not break stuff every time. And as a result i am not continually dumping money in to a rig that breaks 10 minutes into a run which is what can make your enthusiasm burn out
Remember guys, this is just a hobby

Of course now that i got the 1:1 running, i just take it out for a drive to cool of when things get busy or boring

Last edited by gottorque; 03-23-2011 at 09:30 PM.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I do sometimes, buy most of my friends also have the RC bug. Theres always something new or "in the works" with someone, not to mention the local comp group is a great bunch of people to hang out and run with... This makes it fun.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
NO, I don't have depression, I always feel up beat and haven't gotten down about looking for a new job either. Still exploring more education even.
I hit a snag a while back with some electronics and waited for them to get replaced. I didn't really have anything else to work on (which is equally as satisfying as crawling it) I've got the new parts just sitting there and am hope to get them done this weekend, but I'm just at a point where motivation has stalled on working on or even driving the crawler.
Anyone else hit the wall?
What are you doing to get back on track?
With you on the work situation. Went back and got some updated training and certification. Now just hopin work picks up in this new venture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
I do that from time to time myself, best thing for me to do is let them sit for a few weeks and let the anticipation build a little. Always seems to bring new life and ideas to the project
Sorry, takes too long. Not one to sit around and not RC something. At 53, I want to get the drivin time in........while I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Clean up the workbench and organize all your parts and pieces. Take a break for a week or two until your new parts show up; this usually works for me when I'm burnt out on working on rigs
Clean WHAT? You sick B@$!@&*. What the hell are you thinking, oh wait, I do that from time to it's been along time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
I do sometimes, buy most of my friends also have the RC bug. Theres always something new or "in the works" with someone, not to mention the local comp group is a great bunch of people to hang out and run with... This makes it fun.

That's the ticket right there. Good friends who won't leave you alone......EVER! Gotta love em. I sure do.

Hope you figure out what your gonna build. F'OFF's are popular right now and alot of fun too.

Also hope the work situation and the economy pick up for both of us and everyone else brotha.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
Debunking old stereotypes

Since I'm in Mn, and of course it's not possible to crawl in Winter out doors, I get my RC break, and work on another hobby, collecting, restoring, riding, & showing vintage snowmobiles. I find that by switching hobbies, I don't get bored/burnt out with either, by Fall, I've had enough RC for the season, and by Spring, I've had enough with the vintage snowmobile stuff, and I'm ready to get back into the RC stuff. Makes for a nice change of pace. I do sometimes get the itch, and break out a scaler or 2 for some snow wheeling over the winter. And of course, these aren't my only 2 hobbies. IMO, if you devote too much time to any one hobby, you'll eventually get burnt out somewhat. That goes for a job as well.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Yup, every now and then I lose interest in my crawler. When that happends I'll find something else in the work of RC to do, bash my Slash, work on my scaler, or just let everything sit for a while. Then the anouncement for the next comp pops up and that gets my interest back in to it...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Yep. I can't count the times I got pissed off thinking about the money I was spending on a toy to crawl in the front yard with and the occasional comp. I would sell and sure as shit be building another within two weeks. Sold my last 2.2 berg in November and haven't looked back since, scale building has taken over and is much more relaxing.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Yep, burnt out. It was mostly due to having a shit job that wasn't getting the bills paid, let alone buying new crawler stuff. Now I have a awesome job that pays twice (or more) than what I was making before, but I don't have time for RC with my work schedule
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:35 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

I have a 1:1 I can tinker on, like to take my kayak out, and have a big fake mountain in the garage I been building.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Happend to me the other day. The screw on my Y come out and I had the parts to fix it but never fixed it. But then we got the warm weather and the rain and it made mud. So that's when I fixed it. But I'm busy with school and my dad just had a total knee replacement Tuesday, So I've been wicked busy.
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

It helps to have many hobbies (sometimes it hurts). I just bought a new dirtbike so my attention is there right now and the crawlers are just sitting there looking sad, but I will get back on them in a few days after the newness wears off the bike. And I have plenty of other things to occupy my time so that I don't get burnt out...1:1, mtb bike, kayaks, quad, kid, wife...
timh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Guess more than I figured have hit the wall at one time or another. This was my crawling fix since my accident side lined finishing my 1ton YJ. I only had drive shafts, the passenger seat mount and a few tweeks to go and now it too is sitting since I can't physically do the work anymore (or pay to have it done)
I've been somewhat focused on a new bike (Trek Navigator 2.0) that I can actually feel comfortable riding since the 4500 mountain bike was killing my kneck too much.
Hopefully some good weather and a comp will get me back into the swing of things.

Now who wants a freshly build 1ton YJ for $8500 that needs finished?
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote