Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: paintball vs rc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default paintball vs rc

so all you guys that play paintball too, do you upgrade your crawler or paintball gun first when you have some hobby money?

also post up pics of your paintball guns
bwm8142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I bought the best paintball stuff first time out, no need to upgrade. DYE, CCM, CCI, Nuff said.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

RC ran me out of paintball but when I did do both RC took presedince because I already had the best equipment.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Sometimes, I make things.

I play a lot of paintball, have for several years now, and I have sunk a lot of money into gear. I have slowed down a lot lately due to getting into RC again. I wouldn't say one takes presidence over the other, its more like I already have a lot of awesome paintball gear and am building up my RC stuff. I play pump 99% of the time, have been only using my CCM's the last couple years and sold off many other guns to buy RC stuff. Here is a few pics of my 6 CCM's, one of my 3 semis. I have probably 25 project pump guns, I am a collector of classic pump guns, I have some fairly rare items, and am working on a few totally custom one off pieces too.

The 2 green guns (J2L and S6.5) I custom ordered direct from CCM last year, the green accented SS-25 was my first CCM, the white accented one is kind of in a project state right now, the S5 is my full CCM semi, and the Camo S6 was my first CCM bought new direct, and it is 1 of 4 with that anno, one of 2 w/ the 45 frame. I am a bit obsessed w/ CCM guns, I plan to expand my collection when the right pieces pop up. I have net, played with, and hung out w/ the CCM staff at a few events, they are great people, and a true asset to the sport.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

You've got some awesome paintball guns crazyorigin! I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a sl-68 pump or a scaler?!?!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

People still play paintball?
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

We manufactured paintball guns since 1997, now we do rc car parts, and from a manufacturers stand point for the type of people rc > paintball
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Why is it that paintballers and rc'ers always seem to go together? I always see people talking about paintballing on rc sites.
Ive paintballed a few times and thought it was allright. Nothing I would go out and spend a ton of money on, but to each their own.
Just think the rc/paintball is kinda funny.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Now I know where I recognize Crazy's name, you used to post a lot on the fep forums on pbnation?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #10

Yeah, I used to post in the FEP section some. I got away from PBN fast, the atmosphere there is way too pre-teen. I have only used it in the last few years for selling something, and made one purchase for my S5 w/ the slider (they are hard to find).

I still have my Quest, its my only electro, though I haven't used it in 1.5yrs, I am a pumper. I keep it for when I need 15bps, but its rare that I do. I play paintball whenever I can, usually 2-3 times a month during the season. I agree, the overall crowd for RC is more friendly but luckily I have a good local crowd that only has the occasional douchebag, but at my local field, people don't mess w/ me, I am a regular and people generally don't like me on "the other team".

I love paintball, if I had to choose one or the other, I would choose Paintball. Luckily, I don't need to choose, I do whatever I want I got into RC again because some of my close friends got into it, and I had always enjoyed it, its a good excuse to get outside, kick back some beers, BBQ and have some laughs. I am not into the race or comp scene, I just want to have fun.

I take Paintball pretty seriously when I play, but off field I al very laid back. RC is definetlly more relaxing and easier on my body, but part of why I like paintball is the exercise, I always come home whooped and welted.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I am Ripper machinist on the pbnation forums
Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

i agree with crazy origin, rc is the best to kick back, grab some friends and relax for a couple of hours! but when i get a paintball gun in my hands, its tottaly different......paintball always gets my adrenaline pumping
Old 03-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Only setup I wanted to try was the auto sentry(sp?) or paint grenades.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I loved paintball. Still do. Though I sold off most of my gear; Custom 04 Viking, 03 Excal, and some others... Paintball was a blast when I could get enough people to play. Always hated going to the organized fields and playing with random people... would rather go to the woods and play our own rules and our speed. Those were the days.

But now, trying to get enough people together and finding the time when I have three boys is hard to do. They aren't old enough to play.

However, with RC's, I can go crawl by myself if I want to. I can get a couple of guys over and we can race the SC trucks. I can go turn practice laps by myself even...

Also, with 5 blown discs in my back, paintball is a huge risk for me now.

SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

i was in paintball for a little while. and it got old real fast and even the 2 local paintball courses closed down.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

used to play paintball all the time. used to be on a sponsered team here in texas and every weekend i practiced with the pro team x-factor. i got out of paintball last summer due to lack of interest and lack of funds and then went over to scalers. i sold all my stuff except my pants, pod pack and my old sft shocker just because that was and is my favorite gun so i can go out and play whenever i want but that up for sale too if anyone is interested. scalers>paintball IMO
scx10mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

I'm kinda all the opposite if u guys, none of my friends drive RCs but I know 10-12 guys that paintball and I host woods ball at my house all the time
Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I play a lot of paintball, have for several years now, and I have sunk a lot of money into gear. I have slowed down a lot lately due to getting into RC again. I wouldn't say one takes presidence over the other, its more like I already have a lot of awesome paintball gear and am building up my RC stuff. I play pump 99% of the time, have been only using my CCM's the last couple years and sold off many other guns to buy RC stuff. Here is a few pics of my 6 CCM's, one of my 3 semis. I have probably 25 project pump guns, I am a collector of classic pump guns, I have some fairly rare items, and am working on a few totally custom one off pieces too.

The 2 green guns (J2L and S6.5) I custom ordered direct from CCM last year, the green accented SS-25 was my first CCM, the white accented one is kind of in a project state right now, the S5 is my full CCM semi, and the Camo S6 was my first CCM bought new direct, and it is 1 of 4 with that anno, one of 2 w/ the 45 frame. I am a bit obsessed w/ CCM guns, I plan to expand my collection when the right pieces pop up. I have net, played with, and hung out w/ the CCM staff at a few events, they are great people, and a true asset to the sport.

If you ever decide to part with the 6.5 send me a PM. I have had 5 different S6's and 2 T2's. No 6.5 yet. 3 Carters, and half a dozen Phantoms just for good measure. In the end the only ones I have kept long term were the first phantom I bought, and my First Dye. Everything else is just temporary.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 AM   #19

Don't hold your breath TV, I ordered that 6.5 as soon as they were released, and it is oone of my favorite guns I have ever owned. It won't be changing hands for a long, long time, it was the reason I sold my T2.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

How much did the 6.5 cost?