Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pretty cool video....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Pretty cool video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNEJAFfFLA

Even if you don't like bikes, dude speaks the truth.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

I've always thought that the generation before us said we suck.

I know I say the same thing about the generation after me.

That was a good video.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
RCC Addict

who is the next me?

even worse... who is the next Eeepee??

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The spoken truth.......
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
even worse... who is the next Eeepee??
LR3?

Just thinking out loud....

That was a great video, BTW.

Last edited by JeremyH; 04-01-2011 at 06:59 AM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

That guy is the real deal
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
Suck it up!

True and sad.

In the town I grew up in, the school system gutted all of the industrial arts programs a few years after I graduated. Even the art class got jammed into a little classroom at the far end of the building.

Last year that school system got a big fat check from the government. You know what they did with it? They built big new gymnasiums and sports centers for each and every school in town. Brilliant.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #8
MODERATOR™

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I'm really lucky where I go to school. The school I go to in your Jr and Senior year, if you choose to. You can go to UTC(http://utc.mainecte.org/). You can go for cooking, plumbing and heating, Auto Body. Almost anything. I;m taking Outdoor Power. Which works with snowmobiles, four wheelers, dirt bikes, motor cycles, snow blowers, etc. And I'm really glad I got a dad that knows a lot about cars, snowmobiles, plumbing, heating. He's thought me so much about it all. I used to hold the flashlight wile he did everything. Now he just pulls out his folding chair and sits there and watches me do it all and help me when I need it. I love the old school bikes. The old school bobbers. Rat rods. etc. Now all the other 16 year olds care bout are music and video games. Yea I'm a 16 year old to. But I much rather be outside working on something or fixing something. Cause when your done. You got that enjoyment from building it or fixing it up and it feels even better when someone looks at what you did and "says that looks amazing who did it?" And you say "I did" and the person is just amazed. You feel great about yourself.

Sorry for the long post. Just got going and couldn't stop.
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
Scale Detail Engineering

I agree with this guy 100%.
It's not just this generation though, it started after WWII I think. Back then, everyone was farming, working with thier hands, producing products. They went to war, came home and moved into the cities and found work working with thiere hands, producing products. They wanted better for thier children bought them tv's, bikes, GI Joe and comic books, sent them to collage. Those kids (my parents) moved to the suburbs and started selling the products thiere parents made, buisness was booming, had kids and wanted better for them, bought them Atari's, Erector sets and Transformers. Those kids (my generation), went to collage, moved back into the cities and found work in the tech industry. We had kids and wanted better for them, bought them PS3's, cell phones, laptops and cable tv.

It just keeps getting easier for people, each generation is more comfortable then the one before it.

I have 2 teens, they lived with thiere mother most of thiere lives and moved in with me a few years ago. I make them work for everything. I hold them personally responsible for their decisions. My son couldn't handle it, he moved back with his mom... he's now a HS drop ou and sits around on his mom's couch playing video games and sleeping. She does everything for him. My daughter decided to stay with me, even though life at my house is much harder on her but, she's got straight A's, want's to work and earn money. She knows she has to work hard to get what she wants because nobody is going to just give it to her. My son on the other hand recently told me he wants to be rich but he doesn't want to be "one of those people" that has to go to work everyday! He thinks he's going to be a youtube star or something. He didn't want a RC MT because he was going to have to build it!

Things are to easy for kids.
It's instant gratification or nothing.
Have you seen a teen on a slow internet conection? They can't handle it, they freak out if they have to wait more then a few seconds for something... no patience.
Lego's come pre-assembled for crying out out loud!

I think a lot of this is due to technology. You don't need to work as hard, wait as long or nurture anything... it's all done for you.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
True and sad.

In the town I grew up in, the school system gutted all of the industrial arts programs a few years after I graduated.

My generation where I live was the last to have an option to choose either a foreign language or some type of shop class. I opted out and did shop.

Now the min requirement is 4yrs of spanish. Priorities?

Great vid
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Now the min requirement is 4yrs of spanish. Priorities?
Orelay vato.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Orelay vato.

I was debating DLing a spanish app on my phone to translate....but once again Im gonna opt out.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Here, I'll translate...."Right on, man"
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Wow. what a great video! Im one of the lucky ones of my generation to have a father that is willing to let me go and work in the shop and learn how things work.
TheDude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Awesome video, I couldn't agree more. Im so greatfull that I was born with the gift to work with my hands, and think out side the box. Few people have it......... most people don't.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Alot of us are in that generation and we know just what he's talking about scary huh.... true words spoken from a man who has learned through this hard working hands! respect
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Very thought prevoking video, straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Sad but true! I was lucky enough to attend a two "technical High Schools" back in the early seventies, we spent at least half of every school day in a proper workshop, not a regular shop class, but with fully outfitted machine shops, motor mechanics, electrical, carpentry, and one of them even had a hotel school with a public restaurant, it was like going through a mini trade apprenticeship, technical drawing and applied math were regular class subjects. I don't think these programs even exist anymore, do they?
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote