Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Allergies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Defy Gravity

Default Allergies

Just wondering how many other people here have strange or severe allergies.

My severe one is mice. I'm an epi-pen carrier for them, and had a run in tonight. I was cleaning out in the shed and not too long into that, I start having trouble breathing, my legs aren't staying underneath me, and my forearms start burning. The drive back up to the house was at best an adventure.

My strange one is to eggs. Can't get flu shots (incubated in eggs) and I puke uncontrollably after eating them, even diving into cake has its problems.

So, if you're willing to share, please do.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Celiacs disease Coming from a guy that could (and would) have no trouble subing a meal with a guiness or two, this has been a hard road. Basically allergic to gluten. Try and find something in a box that dosent have gluten in it. Thank god for Fruity pebbles
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'm a nurse who's allergic to latex. its not a strange allergy, lots of people have it, just sucks to be a medical person and be allergic to it. When I worked at the burn unit, they had to order special latex-free sterile gloves for me for wound care. it sucked when someone forgot to order them. I had to double up (non-sterile latex-free gloves to protect my hands, then the sterile latex gloves for wound care), and that just ruined my dexterity...

I'm also allergic to gelatin. It isn't the usual allergic reaction, but I get severe migraines when I eat gelatin. I dont know what to call it but an allergy.
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm allergic to a couple of antibiotics, azithromycin and ampicillin, both break my mouth out in hives. From what I here this is not too common and greatly limits what I can take for infections...

Also, I can't take codeine, they say it is not an allergic reaction, but I can't even crawl to the bathroom to puke...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Hell's Gnome

Well my wife gets migraines and takes a daily med for it. The one known trigger for her is hotdogs. Any hotdog. Sausage, ham, burgers, turkey, chicken, no problem. One hotdog and she will be bedriden in less than an hour. Cook something on a grill that cooked a hotdog, she eats it, bang, migraine.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Animal Dander, some animals are worse than others for me and if you combine it with a nasty cold, I just have to get away from the critter as quick as possible othewisw I'm absolutely miserable! I have had an odd reaction to chocolate and Dorito's from time to time, the Dorito's one seems to be gone now, chocolate hasn't bothered me in some time though.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote