Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: hobby shop love

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default hobby shop love

Man, I just miss my old hobby shop. It was run by people who knew what they were doing. Nowadays when I have to deal with some clown at the local hobby shops around here, I always think of this scene.

brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yep,got a local shop that is HUGE online but ya walk in to the store and you ask em if the have an axials spur gear,and all ya get is "do you have a part number?"ugh, its like going to kragens, if the parts not in the computer, it doesn't exist.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah, my old shop had several "parts walls" that you could just run up and get what you needed. Out here everything is behind the counter. wayyyy behind the counter. I imagine it's for theft, but its stupid. They have 3 dollar parts behind the counter, and $400 rtrs by the front door. WTF?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

wow those three dollars parts must be worth somethin........ oh wait
can be understandable though, smaller thing are easier to hide in a pocket compare to trying to hide a rtr box under your shirt
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
wow those three dollars parts must be worth somethin........ oh wait
can be understandable though, smaller thing are easier to hide in a pocket compare to trying to hide a rtr box under your shirt
Very true, but if I owned a business, I'd rather take a 3$ hit as opposed to a kit or rtr.
Of course if some moron would make a mad dash, he'd be pretty well full of holes by the time he hit the door!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Takes a lot more balls to waltz out the door with an RTR than it does to stick a spur gear in your pocket.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Well, I needed a set of brushes for my handwound (they're the old checkpoint brushes, the round ones.) Talked to the mental giants at the hobby shop in town, after dealing with their 'tude and getting nowhere, I finally called up my old shop, exchanged a little paypal info and my brushes are in the mail. Took about 2 minutes, no problem.

It isn't so much the fact whether they have parts or not, it's the attitude I just cant stand. the complete and total lack of customer service.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

its funny how little people making $8 an hour know.

Id be a dick too if i took home $300 a week LOL
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
its funny how little people making $8 an hour know.

Id be a dick too if i took home $300 a week LOL
Very true, but I don't expect to be greeted by a team of seasoned experts every time I walk in the store, but even at 8bucks an hour, some basic requirements have to be met.
Like: "smile occasionally" and "Don't be an asshole."

Bwah!!! Kids today!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Those kids are my generation (ish)

I swear the since the late 80's the Chinese and Russians have a secretly invested in and infiltrated all forms of social media, generic food brands and clothing manufactures.

Their plot is to turn all American men into chubby soft metrosexuals, starting when they are little kids.

and then attack when we are too fat lazy and pussified to do anything.

Anyways, im leaving work early and goin to mcdonalds and then the gap. I then plan on watching ET and american idol when i get home on my sony TV.

just sayin.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
Those kids are my generation (ish)

I swear the since the late 80's the Chinese and Russians have a secretly invested in and infiltrated all forms of social media, generic food brands and clothing manufactures.

Their plot is to turn all American men into chubby soft metrosexuals, starting when they are little kids.

and then attack when we are too fat lazy and pussified to do anything.

Anyways, im leaving work early and goin to mcdonalds and then the gap. I then plan on watching ET and american idol when i get home on my sony TV.

just sayin.
you should follow the advice of your sig

There are not enough people my age (1 that are into any form of rc to stock upin hobby stores. There are even less people that are older that know about rc that willwork at a hobby shop for just above minimum wage. So what we are all given to work with is mostly people that got laid off and use a hobby shop as an inbetween job. The few people that do know the difference between a crawler from axial and a "crawler" from traxxas, or even the difference between an airplane engine and a car engine (

Last edited by paintballer9876; 04-20-2011 at 05:26 AM.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post
you should follow the advice of your sig

There are not enough people my age (1 that are into any form of rc to stock upin hobby stores. There are even less people that are older that know about rc that willwork at a hobby shop for just above minimum wage. So what we are all given to work with is mostly people that got laid off and use a hobby shop as an inbetween job. The few people that do know the difference between a crawler from axial and a "crawler" from traxxas, or even the difference between an airplane engine and a car engine (
Dont be sad adam. I already know i am an idiot.

I was only suggesting that people your age should suck the foamy spit from your braces, put down the Droid phone and bigmac, and go work out or go for a run.

it'd be good for you.

physical activity will really help those soft little hands of yours.

yea, there are other demographics and age groups @ any LHS. BUT the majority of those seeking minimum wage jobs, are a younger group. Not everyone is given a job by their dad.

and I beleive our younger generations (you and me included) are softer than our chinease and russian counterparts.