Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Power Wheels for kids....anybody hot rodded one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Power Wheels for kids....anybody hot rodded one?

Got some power wheels for the kids but I thinkthe motors are getting weak. I ditched the stock batteries and went with 12 volt lawnmower batteries. I was wondering if anybody knew any cool tricks to soup up the low end power?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
Got some power wheels for the kids but I thinkthe motors are getting weak. I ditched the stock batteries and went with 12 volt lawnmower batteries. I was wondering if anybody knew any cool tricks to soup up the low end power?

i tore one down befor looked to be a 770 sized motor, much like the traxxas 775? i belive out of the SUMMIT. but im sure you could easly put in an 85t 540 motor just have to make a motor mount to mesh with the gears...
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
RCC Addict

If you can't link to another forum feel free to delete this. Here's a ton of information for you though: http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Got Worms?

http://cgi.ebay.com/80CC-MOTOR-GAS-B...#ht_6253wt_789
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

No build thread, no pics, and if there were any it wouldn't be pretty anyways... But I had a buddy that used two starters from Honda CBR 900's and motorcycle batteries.

There are a handful of sites dedicated to upgrading, radio flyer wagons and making sick barstool racers.

Keep us updated.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Got Worms?

I've considered getting either a HH Puller Pro or Tekin Roc 412 (both not out yet) and adding it my cousins little power wheels truck...which i may still do once they're released and i have a few to play with
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I've considered getting either a HH Puller Pro or Tekin Roc 412 (both not out yet) and adding it my cousins little power wheels truck...which i may still do once they're released and i have a few to play with
A couple of problems with upgrading power wheels, one there are two motors, each on there own gear box for each rear wheel, the second is the stock gear boxes are full of plastic gears. Which apparently don't hold up once people put rubber over the plastic tires let alone add more power. I have had a old bronze jeep sitting around for two years wanting to make something like this, but four wheel drive.

Just struggling with were to start...
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
RCC Addict

that looks sick^^^
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Cool thanks for the links guys! I'm really just interested on kickin it up small knotch. when I tore into it I just noticed how similar the motors were to RC. My 1st thought was the titan 775 but I figured somebody has allready tried it. I'll do some more lookin around. I've only painted her chevy but the electronics too a dump now she has a regular jeep, If I get it running GOOD I'll paint it up and post it up!

Thanks again

MR. Ed
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I put old mountain bike tires on the front wheels for much better traction, and ground out the steering stops for more steering angle. Now the girls can almost spin 180 degrees when lifting off the throttle after going WOT down our driveway. Pretty funny. Haven't done any go fast stuff.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote