Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Why are our newbs complaining

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default Why are our newbs complaining

Well yesterday i finally decided to venture to new places, scale 4x4 to be more precise. I have visited scale 4x4 since i've go into rc (09), every so often to look at the builds over there. I never created an account, because i never really wanted to post anything...i'm not the brightest star in the sky when i comes to scalers.

Well now that i'm actually researching on scalers alittle more i figured i'd go over to scale 4x4 (forum dedicated for scalers) and start looking at more builds over there, and watch classifieds for a scaler i like. So i signed up and all, didn't expect to be able to see classifieds right away. So with a little more reading i decided to read the rules, that i already marked that i read and agreed too , a whole whomping 300 posts and 1 year of membership is needed to view classifieds...no way to get past it with the a paid subscription...like our star system.

So beings this is what they require over there, why are our newbs complaining about 30 days and 30 posts. Or buy a 20 dollar star and get access.

So it turns out 2 years ago i should have signed up and made a post every now and again so once my time came i could start looking at a pre built scalers for sale. Glad i know now though, i just signed up to use a search button lol. That and i was considering going vendor status over there as well. Beings my 6ch radios please mostly the scaler crowd, and my soon to come uber bright led's will be used mostly on scalers
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Jer
Rock Crawler

They could at least let us view the forsale section of it, can't screw someone over if you send money first. I don't have a problem with the FS section here, has worked for me everytime. A trader rating next to your name would be nice like rctech has though.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

It's really not worth the time and effort to obtain access to the BST forum on Scale4X4. There aren't enough people selling over there because there aren't enough members with access. Even then, you'll see the same ads over here on RCCrawler by the same sellers because their stuff doesn't sell on Scale4X4. It's a lose-lose situation to both buyers and sellers over there due to the lack of traffic. I've had no problems with members on here, so I don't know why the little whiners on Scale4X4 complain about scammers. Scale4X4 is a joke with all their stupid rules. I was a member there long before they implemented their 300 post/1 yr rule, and I wasn't even grandfathered in. That's why RCCrawler is your #1 rccrawling source!
Blazerbogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
Got Worms?

Yea more time i've been spending over there, less i like it...too many stickies, general layout, i'm thinking i'll keep most my scale browsing over here, i'll just peep in every now and then look at builds, what i've been doing past few years.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
Sometimes, I make things.

Honestly, there will always be someone who will complain about anything. You could give someone $1,000,000 and they would bitch it wasn't $2,000,000. There is no stopping those who complain about everything, I always say "they need a hobby" but if they are here, they probably have one, and in that case they just need to "shut the hell up". The best thing to do is to not even respond to complaints, because they are just fishing for more stuff to cry about, don't feed the retarded bears.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
RCC Addict

There is plenty of activity over on the BST section on Scale. I have been a member on both sites for 3 years and I post more over there as that is what I am into. Never owned or wanted a true comp crawler.
The new rules were put into effect because there was a rash of bad trades/sales that happened. The mods came up with the current rules to prevent that. At the same time the implemented a BST rating for each member, very nice addition.

I personally have not had any issues on either site but do understand the logic behind it.

There is no sense in name calling between forums....many members are on both sites and enjoy both sites. Just like anything else in the world, if you don't like it don't go there.
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
You could give someone $1,000,000 and they would bitch it wasn't $2,000,000.
I'd be just fine with a million heck I'd be the next big baller
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

You'd like it a whole lot less if you got scammed.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

You could read this post ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerbogger View Post
It's really not worth the time and effort to obtain access to the BST forum on Scale4X4. There aren't enough people selling over there because there aren't enough members with access. Even then, you'll see the same ads over here on RCCrawler by the same sellers because their stuff doesn't sell on Scale4X4. It's a lose-lose situation to both buyers and sellers over there due to the lack of traffic. I've had no problems with members on here, so I don't know why the little whiners on Scale4X4 complain about scammers. Scale4X4 is a joke with all their stupid rules. I was a member there long before they implemented their 300 post/1 yr rule, and I wasn't even grandfathered in. That's why RCCrawler is your #1 rccrawling source!
OR

You could just look at this picture.

Same difference.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
No idea what I'm doing

Read what it says under the big green logo at the top left of this page.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I like scale4x4 for what it is. A forum for little toy trucks that look like big trucks.

Same with this forum, just on a larger scale.

Also, 300 isnt that many when ALL posts on scale4x4 count towards your total post count. No matter where they are.
DunkinMcNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Read what it says under the big green logo at the top left of this page.

hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
No idea what I'm doing

I was checking out Scale 4X4 when I first started getting interested in this, but couldn't afford the time for both forums. I really like them, but for me RCC had more of the content I was looking for, so I spend all of my time here.

For me it truly is my #1 rccrawling source.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

i am on scale 4x4, while they have a lot better scale builds than a few here, it kinda sucks and is stil relativly small. havent been there in 6 monthes or more.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote