Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gas prices!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
MODERHATER™

Default Gas prices!

How much is gas costing you these days? It cost me $65 to get a 1/2 a tank of unleaded yesterday! My rig drank $360 dollars of off-road diesel yesterday! This is killing me!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
RCC Addict

you know, we've been underpaying for gas for a very long time. it's just catching up with us now. think about it....people complain about paying $3.00 and more for a gallon of gas, but don't even blink when they pay $4.00 for a 12 ounce mocha latte whatever at starbucks.

even at $3.00 a gallon, it's still a good deal.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Untill we tell the arab nations to **** OFF, We will be paying up the ***. at this time we pay about 60 dollars a barrel for crude oil, most other nations pay them 25 to 30. its crap. but we have to many damn treehugers in our country to use the oil in alaska. Get used to high prices.
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I usually put about $75.00 worth of deisel in the work truck....

I put $31.00 in my 4 banger and about $75 of regular unleaded in my 8 banger

It could only get worse, right now deisel is cheaper then unleaded
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046
$4.00 for a 12 ounce mocha latte

I would so much rather spend my 4 beans on a Mocha, think about it's like 17 Mochas everytime I fill up :?
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:07 AM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic
Untill we tell the arab nations to **** OFF, We will be paying up the ***. at this time we pay about 60 dollars a barrel for crude oil, most other nations pay them 25 to 30. its crap. but we have to many damn treehugers in our country to use the oil in alaska. Get used to high prices.
hahaha "tree huggers", you couldnt have said it better... Those same "tree huggers" are the reason why we cant 4 wheel on the beach here at smiths point because we needs to dredge (<- spelling, right word usage :? :neutral: ) it back.. But god forbid one of the machines mows over some beach grass then itll be all over. I guess they would rather have NO BEACH, which is what we have now

Gas is 3:20 a gallon by me...its cost me over 40.00 to fill up my 4 banger yota I will most defintiely be riding my mountain bike more this summer ill tell ya that...its said to go up to 4.00 a gallon by memorial day

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:10 AM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic
Untill we tell the arab nations to **** OFF, We will be paying up the ***.

If it has escaped your attention, the "arab" oil nations are not controlled by arabs. The reason oil prices are higher in the U.S. is because we have one main importer, and they can set the price at whatever they want.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:10 AM   #8
Debunking old stereotypes

In most of Europe petrol is about the equivalent of $6.00 a gallon, USD so we don't have it that bad. Not that I like paying $35.00 for 12.5 gallons. Time to break the motorcycle out.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:12 AM   #9
neo
Quarry Creeper

Our unleaded in the Uk is about $7.88 per gallon in your money at the moment and there is talk of it going up again.

neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
If it has escaped your attention, the "arab" oil nations are not controlled by arabs. The reason oil prices are higher in the U.S. is because we have one main importer, and they can set the price at whatever they want.
that's right. and they know we are gasoline junkies. that's why i don't complain about the price, i'll keep buying gas until there is none left to buy.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

It's gonna be like Road Warrior by summer! Time to boobie-trap my fuel tank! I burn about $200 to $300 in diesel every week in my work truck, I sure am glad I have a company gas card, would hate to have to spend that much money just to go to work.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Lets not forget the record profits the oil companies are making every quarter. Looks like I should invest in some oil co stock to offset my personal gas prices.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
RCC Addict

it hasn't gotten to $3 yet in SW PA, we're still at about $2.80 a gallon, but it will probabally reach $3 here shortly, and dang-it, i was wanting to drop a GM performance crate 572 into my truck, too....
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

over 75 dollars a barrel.....we only have to reach 85 dollars a barrel to meet the records set back in the early 80's...man am I glad I got rid of the supercrew and the old yota, 15 for the ford and 13 for the yota is horrible gas milage. I was paying over $500 a month on gas and that was when it was cheaper than now. THe new yota gets 26 and the mazda gets 30 thats double on both, cutting what I spend on gas to under the $300 mark.
donkeykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #15
RCCRAWLER TEAM DRIVER

if you think about the excutive from exxon that just retired last week and gets $144,000.00 a day in retirement, I just want to be him for a week or two and get that check. The new reason that gas keeps going up is a shortage of ethanol caused by lack of supply, only congress would pass a law that requires a blend of fuel and not make preperations for it by opening new plants. The sad thing is that if the price of oil droped down far enough the US forgets and goes back to statis norm and forgets everything,, HOW MANY HYBRIDS CAME FROM THE SEVENTIES ? There where worse shortages back than and nothing changed.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

My ZR2 get's 10.4 MPG. I pay $3.00 a gal. and about 35 fills the tank for a week. But I only drive under 10 miles to go to work round trip. There are multiple factors that contribute to the gas prices. There are alot of stations that don't even have a drop in there tanks. that raises the price (supply and demand).

It's true we get out oil from 1 distributor and they make the prices. But we have contracts and there are other's out there that would like to import for us for cheaper but the fuel makers like the price higher and will not go with them. I was watching the late news on abc and every major person that keeps trending the prices say there is going to be a consumer "rebellion" and the prices will come down. But this is not the worst it's been. like gregrocks90046 said we have been underpaying for gas for a long time.

But back in the day of the fuel crisis 70's or something they were paying more per gallon than we are now and the average wage was something from $1.60 in 1970 to $2.90 in 1979. What you have to do is take our min wage and compare it with our prices vs that of the 70's gas crisis and we are still not paying as much. The only way things will happen is if the gov comes in and puts a cap on it like they did then. The fuel co are going to give the excuse of the natural disater's that have hit america. and they will come with the excuse they always use is supply and demand. just my opinion.

If you want to check other country's::::

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lis...bal_gasprices/

Last edited by S10XtremeSR; 04-25-2006 at 10:58 AM.
S10XtremeSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #17

you want to hear the real bs that no one but truck drivers think about. the more we spend on fuel to get the product there the more the place its going has to charge you to buy it to cover are cost to ship it so think about the higher the fuel goes the more you spend on everything even your mocha. thats whats gona put everone in the poor house not the up front cost of paying for gas, cus like everyone else im gona start rideing my motorcyle instead of the big cummins, its going to be paying 6 bucks for milk and cheese. just my oppion
s0nnyi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
it hasn't gotten to $3 yet in SW PA, we're still at about $2.80 a gallon, but it will probabally reach $3 here shortly, and dang-it, i was wanting to drop a GM performance crate 572 into my truck, too....

wow I comein to Pittsburgh to fill up. just outside my prices were $3 and the lowest it's been in a week is $2.85
S10XtremeSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10XtremeSR
wow I comein to Pittsburgh to fill up. just outside my prices were $3 and the lowest it's been in a week is $2.85
i payed 2.89 this morning at the BP in kennedy township....

and i still got $1.70 a gallon discount to use at the Get-Go!!! i'm gonna wait til i get to $2 to use it!!!

Last edited by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER; 04-25-2006 at 11:10 AM. Reason: add on
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation

Count on this summer for it to got up at least 25-80 cents.Let's hope we don't have another Katrina.Kiss your current gas prices goodbye,the prices are not going down.Like everyone said,Europe is paying an average of $4.50 a gallon.So we don't have it that bad...yet. In 25 years fuel will be banned. Thanks California....
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote