Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I Seek the Wisdom of the Gurus about 1/18 RC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default I Seek the Wisdom of the Gurus about 1/18 RC

I know stuff like this comes up a lot but my beloved RC18R is about worn slap out. What should I get next? I have considered another RC18R, SC18, RC18T2/B2 Kit, Vendetta TC, or some of the Exceed/Redcat stuff. I've also considered getting a 1/10. Maybe a cup racer, a TT01, or EvaderEXT2.

I use the 18R to run up and down the street and driveway. Its tons of fun with brushless but I am breaking something every time I run its so old. I thought about the new RC18B2/T2 kit because I could switch electronics over and run it in the back yard. I've also thought about the Evader EXT2 so I would have a basher that I could race. I know its not a B4.1 but that class at my track is more for fun. I have a XXX-SCT that i race a little more seriously. I like 1/18 because parts are cheaper but I know there are more options with 1/10 and the bigger size will go more places. I guess this is why so many of you guys have 10 different RC's or more. Any suggestions or advice? Anything I should consider that I didn't mention?
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Defy Gravity

i've got a vendetta and the only thing i've broken on it are the stock plastic driveshafts. very very tough little car even crashing it hard enough to throw the endbell off the motor. i have cut out the battery compartment to allow for a larger battery as well. i like that they take a standard size servo too. runs 12mm hexs and with the steel driveshafts, from what i've seen online, the truck is then tough as nails. the electronics included are very lack luster though.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I keep reading where a lot of people like the Vendettas. Any idea why Tower Hobbies has them all listed as discontinued except the TC and SC? For $114 the TC looks like a deal if it will hand a little rough pavement.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Scale Detail Engineering

Traxxas Mini E-Revo, I love mine... it get's used more than all my other rc's and it's tough as heck! I abuse the lil' guy and he always comes back for more
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote