Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Shipping to Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Shipping to Canada

I'm not that familiar with shipping to Canada and need some advice. I'm looking at sending a 10"x8"x6", 4-5lbs box and the cheapest I'm finding is $30 through the USPS. FedEx and UPS were higher. That's a lot of moolah for shipping used tires/wheels. I'm in Wyoming, Canada's not that far away

Any advice on a less expensive shipping method?

Thanks,
John
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

That is about the best you will find. Please, DO NOT send it ups or fedex. It costs us a lot of money at the door unless you use usps. You could always use just regular shipping through usps. I would talk to the buyer and ask them to at least cover some of the shipping, most of us canadians understand it's expensive to ship up here and eat the cost.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkrawl View Post
That is about the best you will find. Please, DO NOT send it ups or fedex. It costs us a lot of money at the door unless you use usps. You could always use just regular shipping through usps. I would talk to the buyer and ask them to at least cover some of the shipping, most of us canadians understand it's expensive to ship up here and eat the cost.

I agree 100%

The customs brokerage fees can be brutal. Using UPS or FedEx will almost garantee a bill for your buyer upon delivery. USPS may not be the best system, Their online tracking is usless, but at least the package will arrive without any extra charges for the customer.

Every single RC part that I've purchased from the states has been shipped USPS... no drama at all. Some packages take a bit of time at the border, but normally it's not a problem. My UGC Viper chassis took a month to be delivered, but my Jeepindoug spring cups only took 4 days.

I hope this helps you out a bit.
eisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the help guys. The buyer has agreed to help with shipping, I just wanted to be sure I was giving him the fairest deal I could.

John
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I was told this, someone from Canada can correct me if wrong.

mail it as a gift, to a relative and say the value is $19 or less, that way there are no customs fees/duty tax. If it is.....it is 66% of the value
they don't ask for proof that it is a relative either
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote