Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: EXCITING NEWS!! New Stomper Type Seires Coming!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default EXCITING NEWS!! New Stomper Type Seires Coming!

Don't know how many of you remember the little 4x4 vehicles started by Schaper Manufacturing in 1980. They were of course the Stomper 4x4's that ran on one AA battery and had tons of playsets available over the years. One of if not the best toy line ever, and made by several companies over a 20 plus year run.

GREAT NEWS, a guy contacted me through my Stomper4X4 website and asked to send me some samples. Of course I said YES!!! and they just arrived. The trucks look to me like they will be a big hit on their own. LOTS of power as they run on 2 AAA batteries. The other cool thing is the playsets they are selling. For those of us lucky enough to own a NANOQLO these sets will be incredible to use with that truck.

I am not posting this message to make money as I have nothing to do with any aspect of the new Defiant's Series manufacture. I just wanted to let people know the great news!!

DEFIANTS Information Page Click Here

Last edited by stomper4x4.com; 05-30-2011 at 06:00 PM.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

cool, i remember Stompers.
Ive seen your SN before and assumed it was after the toys, but how are you getting samples haha?
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

wow. I havent heard about those in years. I can remember modding those to pull insane amounts ofweight. kinda makes me happy to have toys brought back from my childhood. well brought back and not suck like most of the remakes do.
BerticusPryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Matchbox just made some a couple years ago. I bought up as many as they had in a variety of styles. T"r"U was selling them for cheap, I guess no one was buying them.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Very recently I thought about those little things and how I played with them and a bunch of others in the school sandbox. I had 3 of the original Stompers including a semi truck and 3 knock off's. I believe the knock offs had those cone shaped wheels that stuck out so you could make the vehicle drive on its side on 2 wheels. The last one I ever owned was the amphibeous one with the huge paddle tire.

Goog Times!!!
Savage00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Ah the memories...we used to bring them to school and have comps...untill one kid put his on the back of the head of the girl with really, really long blond hair...know what 4 churning tires do to long blond hair? Took the teacher probably an hour to get as much out without cutting it off. Needless to say, that was the end of bringing them to school!
MikeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTJ View Post
Ah the memories...we used to bring them to school and have comps...untill one kid put his on the back of the head of the girl with really, really long blond hair...know what 4 churning tires do to long blond hair? Took the teacher probably an hour to get as much out without cutting it off. Needless to say, that was the end of bringing them to school!
hmm Suspiciously i remember that but that was in '93 or '94.. guy actually put his upon the girl's long to the butt hair.. she also happened to be a blonde..
ChiefWigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

We modded ours to run on a 9V battery and my Dad made us "custom" slicks.

We used to race them up the slide at our local park, ahhhh the good ol' days.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Stompers were the SHIT!! Those little suckers are why I got into micros. My brother and I used to have crawl races on the bed spread. We would set up pillows under the covers and make hills and stuff. LOL..! funny stuff.
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWigman View Post
hmm Suspiciously i remember that but that was in '93 or '94.. guy actually put his upon the girl's long to the butt hair.. she also happened to be a blonde..
Dude...that's scary...except I guess I'm a bit older, I think mine was back in the early 80's...

I might have to grow old but I don't have to grow up!!
MikeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pko_iTP4sQ

sweet!
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
RCC Addict

lol had completely forgot about these. I had a bunch in the early 80's no idea what happened to them though. To much fun and yes they seemed unnaturally attracted to little girls hair
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote