Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Horizon Hobby WTF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

my understanding of this is axial has dropped horizon as the distributor and not horizon dropping axial,,sux for some of the small shop owners that dont buy enough to have an accoubt with greatplanes
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #22
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
my understanding of this is axial has dropped horizon as the distributor and not horizon dropping axial,,sux for some of the small shop owners that dont buy enough to have an accoubt with greatplanes
And if that is the case....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Tell your local shops to get hooked up with SK Motion if they need a solid line to Axial kits and parts. Robert has always done me well, even though I only order a few kits here and there for myself.
Your LHS isn't cut out of the loop. They just have to find a different route. Robert won't turn them away
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
And if that is the case....

Your LHS isn't cut out of the loop. They just have to find a different route. Robert won't turn them away
i did see your post and noted it and will forward the info to my buddy and hopefully he will be able to work something out..it was convenient of course to deal with horizon and gett all his goods at once and shipped together but this could be an option, thanx
Old 06-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes that's what I heard today as well and our shop's order of 10 is now dead and we have some real unhappy Axial fans up here.
Axial won't talk about why they dropped them and only told me that they are moving forward??....I told him it sounds to me like their going backwards!
Horizon is our biggest supplier in Canada and now they want us to buy from another small distributor that has little to no stock and now it looks like our customers will be lucky to see one by fall,and Axial parts will be harder to get as well.
This is an absolute joke for them to pull this crap this late in the game regardless of who's to blame.
Today has been a real let down to say the least and to make matters worse Axial is not telling us the whole truth as multiple calls between them and a few suppliers has most of western Canada locked out with all of their products for now.We sell tons of Axial and we need stock every week or 2 and Horizon is already out of most popular parts and truck kits so sales here will be very low for a while and overall customer satisfaction will drop off fast.

I'm sure Harley will delete this post for some reason and RCC can
also thank him for the loss of my paid membership in the past.
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Does Great Hobbies here in Canada get their Axial stock from Horizon?
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
Does Great Hobbies here in Canada get their Axial stock from Horizon?
They use a few so i'm sure they were the main Axial supplier as they carried the most stock.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok View Post
They use a few so i'm sure they were the main Axial supplier as they carried the most stock.
Figured they did, saw last week they got a huge update in Axial parts (not available yet, but added to the site).
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes that's what I heard today as well and our shop's order of 10 is now dead and we have some real unhappy Axial fans up here.
Axial won't talk about why they dropped them and only told me that they are moving forward??....I told him it sounds to me like their going backwards!
Horizon is our biggest supplier in Canada and now they want us to buy from another small distributor that has little to no stock and now it looks like our customers will be lucky to see one by fall,and Axial parts will be harder to get as well.
This is an absolute joke for them to pull this crap this late in the game regardless of who's to blame.
Today has been a real let down to say the least and to make matters worse Axial is not telling us the whole truth as multiple calls between them and a few suppliers has most of western Canada locked out with all of their products for now.We sell tons of Axial and we need stock every week or 2 and Horizon is already out of most popular parts and truck kits so sales here will be very low for a while and overall customer satisfaction will drop off fast.

ya hi performance might get a few in but the pickins are gonna be slim..its been kyosho, associated and now axial..horizon will only be good for losi, spektrum and eflight stuff..traxxass of course..this most definatly sux for the smaller canadian hs

Last edited by vonclod; 06-20-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
ya hi performance might get a few in but the pickins are gonna be slim..its been kyosho, associated and now axial..horizon will only be good for losi, spektrum and eflight stuff..traxxass of course

Yes for sure,when we talked to them today they said they would try and send us out a few but we don't normally deal with them anymore and if they fill any pre-orders 1st we'll see none for a while now in the interior.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

sorry for my ignorance, but does TCS or CKRC not ship to Canada?
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
sorry for my ignorance, but does TCS or CKRC not ship to Canada?
Yes they do,,for an individual that's an option but it's usually a little cheaper for them to buy from a local hobby shop although with the US dollar so low it's a great time to go that route assuming they can ship it when you want it.
If your gonna sit on pre-order list for weeks you may as well support your local hobby shop as I'm sure they will roll in soon after HP;the only Canadian supplier right now can get it's stock up.
As a business with customs and duties to deal and lower profit margins it's not always good to deal with small suppliers like that as well.
When the Losi hit the market we had ours before CKRC could fill Canadian pre-orders anyway and with their track record of horrible service to many members of our local club I doubt they would buy from them again.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

you've had bad experiences with The Crawler Store?

I've personally never had a problem with either of them, but thats a can or worms I don't want to open again. But I understand about the currency difference and customs. I guess you guys are stuck.

Also I read somewhere on here that Horizon was getting out of crawling? But they just started being a dealer for Enroute?
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #33

I'm in the same boat. My LHS told me last friday that they expected the Wraith to be delivered this week, and when I checked in today, they told me that their distributor would no longer be handling Axial product. They were going to order me one from GP, but that will mean I'm in the back of the line. I pre-ordered my Wraith on April 19, so I'm very disappointed to find out that the wait may be alot longer.

Quote:

sasquatch420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
you've had bad experiences with The Crawler Store?

I've personally never had a problem with either of them, but thats a can or worms I don't want to open again. But I understand about the currency difference and customs. I guess you guys are stuck.

Also I read somewhere on here that Horizon was getting out of crawling? But they just started being a dealer for Enroute?

No problems with TCS on a personal level,always been great service
Looks like they offer Enroute at this time but then again it still says "Axial Wraith Coming Soon"
Old 06-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes they do,,for an individual that's an option but it's usually a little cheaper for them to buy from a local hobby shop although with the US dollar so low it's a great time to go that route assuming they can ship it when you want it.
If your gonna sit on pre-order list for weeks you may as well support your local hobby shop as I'm sure they will roll in soon after HP;the only Canadian supplier right now can get it's stock up.
As a business with customs and duties to deal and lower profit margins it's not always good to deal with small suppliers like that as well.
When the Losi hit the market we had ours before CKRC could fill Canadian pre-orders anyway and with their track record of horrible service to many members of our local club I doubt they would buy from them again.
yup its very tough business these days with not alot of margin, to buy from a small vendor and then have to sell it to a pretty knoledgable customer base its hard to make any profit that way..not much there anyway..we have some great rc shops here run by some great people who do it for the love of the hobby not always about makeing huge money, another store i deal with does deal with greatplanes so i,m sure he will get some in but maybee only 1 or 2 of the 7+ stores here even have a hope atm..i will get my buddy to look into sk motion

Last edited by vonclod; 06-21-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Tell your local shops to get hooked up with SK Motion if they need a solid line to Axial kits and parts. Robert has always done me well, even though I only order a few kits here and there for myself.
SK Motion? Really that's an option?

My hobby shop is forced to deal with them on a few items and lets just say they have the worst service, slowest shipping, and most amount of lies to send to the LHS's. My LHS treats me well and lets just say anything they buy through SK Motion they now tell me to buy it online because they feel bad telling me the SK Motion lies about when it shipped or that it did when it's still not even shipped.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #37
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
I'm sure Harley will delete this post for some reason and RCC can also thank him for the loss of my paid membership in the past.
explain.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Hopefully you're customers will know about this Horizon/Axial issue and not end up taking it out on you. I'm sure some will get mad, and blame you, but I'm sure your loyal customers will remain.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #39

Not on horizon hobby hope my LHS didn't order from them
Fxkozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Hopefully you're customers will know about this Horizon/Axial issue and not end up taking it out on you. I'm sure some will get mad, and blame you, but I'm sure your loyal customers will remain.
the problem is though you no longer have a product to sell to that loyal customer, for thew time being anyway and thats when the lhs loses out to an onltne seller that may or may not pay all the applicable taxes/duties..etc that the lpcal retailer has to pay..my bud builds battery packs and has for 20 years and i,ve seen this happen big time in the battery game