Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Caltrans Saftey stand down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Caltrans Saftey stand down

So all field people were just called back to there offices for a safety stand down because we just had our 3rd Caltrans (California Transperation Department) field worker run over in a month.

My Rant is PAY THE FAWK ATTENTION TO WHERE YOU ARE DRIVING.

I have worked out on the freeways/intersates and its scary the way people drive sometimes.

I was actually hit one time working on a city street. It was not a driect hit the driver turned just eough at the last minute to hit me with a cone and his mirror.

So please when you see people working on your freeways PLEASE SLOW DOWN and give them some room.

sorry Rant over.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

I had some clown race through an intersection to jump in front of me the other day. They had the right lane closed just past the intersection and you could see the guys working right there. there was barley enough room for him to get in front of me with me slowing down to let him in, he was going way to fast to stop if I hadn't let him in... I couldn't believe it!

It sucks that it's such a dangerous job simply because people are such selfish jackholes!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Here if you get caught speeding through a construction zone (speed limit is 50km/h through them) you get a ticket that's triple the regular price (regular ticket is $172.50), and that's just the minimum, numerous other fines can be added as well. They put that into effect here after a transport truck killed a couple guys working on a bridge a few years ago.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Suck it up!

I tell ya, if it isn't the cyclists and farmers getting in my way on the road, its the construction workers.

Why can't you guys work nights, weekends, and holidays and not interfere with my life!
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

another reason why california sucks, when I was there all I saw was a bunch of dumb ass holes that cant drive out there, but we also have pleanty of them here.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
another reason why california sucks, when I was there all I saw was a bunch of dumb ass holes that cant drive out there, but we also have pleanty of them here.
Looks like someone had a glass of hatorade today.....
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Just got back from there and I noticed the same thing
We have crappy drivers here where I live, but they're mostly icebacks
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

I've never hit a construction worker on my bicycle. But then again I've never come close in a motor vehicle either. I always try to go as slow as possible...I don't know if I could live with myself if I hurt someone because of impatience.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I've never hit a construction worker on my bicycle.
Why would a construction worker be on your bicycle?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
So all field people were just called back to there offices for a safety stand down because we just had our 3rd Caltrans (California Transperation Department) field worker run over in a month.

My Rant is PAY THE FAWK ATTENTION TO WHERE YOU ARE DRIVING.

I have worked out on the freeways/intersates and its scary the way people drive sometimes.

I was actually hit one time working on a city street. It was not a driect hit the driver turned just eough at the last minute to hit me with a cone and his mirror.

So please when you see people working on your freeways PLEASE SLOW DOWN and give them some room.

sorry Rant over.
RIP CalTrans guy....Dont they make you guys create a safety blockade when you guys are working roadside? My buddy is a CalTrans employee and some of the stories he has are crazy....
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I dont know, but if he was, that'd be a good reason to hit him......fawking thieves....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I dont know, but if he was, that'd be a good reason to hit him......fawking thieves....
Thats what I was thinking...
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I had some clown race through an intersection to jump in front of me the other day. They had the right lane closed just past the intersection and you could see the guys working right there. there was barley enough room for him to get in front of me with me slowing down to let him in, he was going way to fast to stop if I hadn't let him in... I couldn't believe it!

It sucks that it's such a dangerous job simply because people are such selfish jackholes!

I've seen that to. People don't think behind the wheel at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
Here if you get caught speeding through a construction zone (speed limit is 50km/h through them) you get a ticket that's triple the regular price (regular ticket is $172.50), and that's just the minimum, numerous other fines can be added as well. They put that into effect here after a transport truck killed a couple guys working on a bridge a few years ago.
We have that to and there are up close to a 1000$ here

Quote:
I tell ya, if it isn't the cyclists and farmers getting in my way on the road, its the construction workers.

Why can't you guys work nights, weekends, and holidays and not interfere with my life!

We do all that but you fawkers tened to get drunk and stupid at all those times to

Quote:
Yup driving fast and crazy is part of Cali but don't be stupid to. This guy today was on the shoulder picking up trash. When you drive you have to stay in the lanes. Some can't figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I've never hit a construction worker on my bicycle. But then again I've never come close in a motor vehicle either. I always try to go as slow as possible...I don't know if I could live with myself if I hurt someone because of impatience.
In Cali a car going slow is more of a hazard then a car going 80. Alot of accidents happen from a fast car rear ending a slow one, again stupid drivers.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Or they found it on the shoulder!! You would be amazed what we find out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
RIP CalTrans guy....Dont they make you guys create a safety blockade when you guys are working roadside? My buddy is a CalTrans employee and some of the stories he has are crazy....

We do all that people still plow through them
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I work on the side of the freeway daily. Ive been under trucks watching people drive on the lines.

This pic is from the other day on the straightest part of the freeway through our town, Jammin knows where it is, I-80 between Vacaville and Dixon. Basically I was working on the inside axle of this spread axle trailer when I literally made eye contact with this idiot on a phone when he smashed into the car infront of him in the slow lane about 6 feet from me. I took pictures just in case the CHP showed up but this was the only one i sent to my email. Just shows the traffic this Idiot created.
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #15

i will admit there are some crazy drivers out there. I hate the guys that ride ur butt and then pass right as ur coming to an intersection.
bigjay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #16
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Because they are on a romantic picnic date.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #17
Old guy

I was flagging and 1 day some guy stop and said about time we fix the road. The next week the same guy stop and threw a sandwich at me and cussed me cause I was fixing the road.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
In Cali a car going slow is more of a hazard then a car going 80. Alot of accidents happen from a fast car rear ending a slow one, again stupid drivers.
Same here. Just this morning I passed an idiot doing 50 in the fast lane.....the speed limit is 60 but most do 80. He was causing a MAJOR traffic problem....
Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I was flagging and 1 day some guy stop and said about time we fix the road. The next week the same guy stop and threw a sandwich at me and cussed me cause I was fixing the road.
Was the sandwich tasty?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I drive cautiously around road crew, because its just common sense. Though not all of them have common sense...

I wish in Michigan they would work on small sections at a time, not closing off larger sections than they can barely complete in 6 weeks. Then again that would take planning and MDOT doesn't plan...they just do something for fun half the time.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote