Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Marijuana legalization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 06:11 AM   #361
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Marijuana legalization

I like weed and smoke it every single day. I've also had seizures and now have my medical card to legally have/burn and haven't had another seizure since.. Either way I don't think it makes me worthless and any worse of a person. Everyone takes it differently I guess.
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #362
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
I was a pothead for decades, and i never had any pain where getting stoned made the pain less or go away.
So medecinal use in that sence i dont undestand, and its the only one i can speak about with any personal knowlege.
I think its good to have an opinion.

I own operate a medical dispensary and these cardholders...trust me...you dont want the kind of pain these folks endure. Its also not only about the severity of the pain...its the fact that many prescribed drugs will require a liver transplant after 15 years. Its an alternative. Its an option. It often results in an improved quality of life for 90%. Very rarely do I meet/serve someone that doesnt find some benefits.

Its impossible for me to question people who constantly shift and wince in pain. Its impossible for me to question people when you first meet them on what will undoubtedly be their death bed. Its impossible for me to question former IraqAfghanistan field medics when they dream about their experiences.

It is my belief that cannabis can help ANYONE at certain points in their life. Especially at the end of life.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #363
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
Its also not only about the severity of the pain...its the fact that many prescribed drugs will require a liver transplant after 15 years.
This.

Most of the people I know that are against medicinal use aren't aware, either personally or via a friend/family member, of what prescribed pain meds can do to your organs in the long term. Even the short term effects can be quite undesirable.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #364
Quarry Creeper

I meet alot of normal non-smoker straight laced republican folk that are FURIOUS at their doctors that fed them pills for years. Now they are 55 and they realize the damage done. It turns a non life threatening medical issue into a serious medical issue. But they need something to help and they are willing to give it a try. Sometimes people are proactive and have many years of relief sometimes people are way late and are in the final stages of life. Watching people deteriorate is something that I was not ready for when I started 5 years ago. Early on I had a really hard time with it.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #365
Rock Crawler

Just my personal experience 67 mustang, i fully acknowlege other ppl may have other results.
Allso i was more or less stoned all the time, perhaps if i had been strait once in a while i would have notised a difference.
I have allso spoken to terminal cancer patients who said the illigal hash his granddaughter got for him was way better then the pills the Danish health authorities had to offer him.

I allso found out myself that having THC in my system and going to work on a ship was a bad mix, so i had to pray for good weather the first couple of weeks untill my system was flushed

Dont regret beeing a pothead back then, we had loads of fun and made craploads of mony dealing this and that.
And i personally managed to get several educations under my belt while beeing a pothead.
But i have allso seen a lot of other ppl who dident even manage to get 3 months of work in within the 30 years i knew them, and some i know whent directely to a pension at the age of 30, witch i think is shamefull towards ppl who have worked them self half to death and deserve a pension.

But as they say, all good things must come to a end, and after beeing a heavy ciggy and hash smoker for alllmost 3 decades my loungs are fawked and i have to keep my inhaler close at hand for when i do just a little work.

Even walking my scaler in the forrest demand i suck on my inhaler the first time within the first 1/4 mile of walking.

Okay i have allso sucked in a lot of other stuff work related, asbestos - epoxy - solvents and fumes and a lot more.

Funny thing is. my lounges only crapped out a year or so after i stopped smoking hash, and this was 3 years after i stopped smoking ciggys.

Last edited by Peaker; 01-02-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #366
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
So now we are a year into legalization in Colorado and Washington State, has anyone's opinion changed?

Yes. I used to be all for full legalization but for a while now Ive been for decriminalization. If it becomes fully legal then corps will ruin it.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #367
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Yes. I used to be all for full legalization but for a while now Ive been for decriminalization. If it becomes fully legal then corps will ruin it.
Agreed 100%. I'm also a advocate of grow your own (within reason), just like home brewing. I would & could wait for the fruits of my own labor. I don't need it or even want it every day, but just like when I have the taste for a good I.P.A, or a yummy Porter, as a responsible adult I should be able to enjoy it just like a good beer.

and if it helps people who have serious diseases or illnesses why punish them for pain relief? (obviously it steals $ away from pharmaceutical companies...) which is prob. a big reason it is still criminalized...
Just my opinions...
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #368
Quarry Creeper

Well growing your own would fall under being able to possess it.

Essentially Id like to see it illegal to sell but legal to possess.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #369
Rock Crawler

I'd say go ahead legalize it, simply for the fact that I never threw anyone a beating for getting bombed and pouring a bag of pot on my head, but I have throw out a few beatings over the years to guys that thought it would be funny to get buzzed give the big brown guy a beer bath...
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #370

A friend with wed is a friend indeed.... At least in Colorado we feel this way.. LOL...
DenverJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:32 AM   #371
I wanna be Dave

I like the ad banner at the bottom here asking if pot should be legalized ....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #372
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
I like the ad banner at the bottom here asking if pot should be legalized ....
Good its not just me... thought I was being stalked...
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote