Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: venders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
DEX

Default venders

O don't post much but I need some help! I'm tired of placing orders and these big company's that wont ship for days. I don't like to wait but when it takes 3to5 days to ship an order after they have my money it pisses me off! What company's still believes in customer service? Any input would be appreciated.
DEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Suck it up!

See the section marked "Vendors"? That'd be a pretty good place to start.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEX View Post
O don't post much but I need some help! I'm tired of placing orders and these big company's that wont ship for days. I don't like to wait but when it takes 3to5 days to ship an order after they have my money it pisses me off! What company's still believes in customer service? Any input would be appreciated.
OK...... Something that may help...... Customer service is important.

We do have some really great vendors here. One thing you really need to take into consideration is WHO you are dealing with. Some of our vendors are bigger, full blown hobby shops. It's easier for them to just pull stuff off the shelf and get it in the mail that day or the next. Sometimes they will have employees that help them. Other vendors, like me, are a one man operation and they do this on the side. They juggle working a full time job, family, ordering materials/supplies, building your parts, packaging them and shipping them all by themselves. Sometimes it can take a few days to get to the post office when they are open if a guy is working 12-14 hour days at his full time job. I'm not trying to make an excuse for anything, that's just the truth of it for some vendors.

Personally, I've had a few mishaps with shipping that were my fault completely. I've always tried to keep communication open so the customer knows.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Im usually that way too. always using RPP, TCS or any of the other many awesome vendors on RCC.

With that said, i needed a particular color of paint and Tower was the only place to have it. I got some other parts as well to justify shipping. ordered this morning and had the UPS tracking number by noon.

I think its a hit or miss on the big stores and you really never know
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Got Worms?

I'll ship next day, unless it says other wise on my product page...my wantamixs have afew day wait and right now i'm out of stock on my gt3b kits...theres been quite afew times i've shipped an order an hour or two after its placed
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
RCC Addict

RPP, TCS and as someone else said, in most cases Tower ships fast and on the outside chance they make a mistake (or you do and blame it on them) they have great customer service to fix the problem.

A lot of the smaller vendors on here do a LOT of custom work. Always talk (PM) to the vendor and find out how long they think it will take to get something done.

Also, some vendors just take a few days to ship. That does bother me some time but if you want their product, you have to be willing to wait. The one s that kill me are the parts that are ONLY available from UK, Australia and Hong Kong. That 2 week to 4 week wait just kills me.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
www.team3sixrc.com

On my website it is marked noted of which products take tame to make. Most of my items ship the very next day, but a few of my items are custom made and take time. I like to believe that my motto is "if I am not happy, Then it doesn't ship to you.

If I ever go over my mark on custom orders, I have always added a little extra goodness for your patience.

Bottom line is, I would rather have a happy customer that returns then have an upset one that doesn't.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote