Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Failure to signal ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Failure to signal ?

BLAH BLAH BLAH i got a ticket so right off the ticket

it was 2pm, on a rural road, two- lane hwy, and it is a No signal - 27-51-403.

I called and found out the ticket was $165

Only problem im having is finding that statute on the internet because i did have my left blinker on (in a left turn only lane if that matters) when i arrived at the stop sign.

The setting is a two lane road that ends at a 2 lane higway. The stop sign is just barely out of the trees where you turn onto the highway (has left and right only lanes at the sign) I stop at the sign blinker on, cars on right about 150yards out, on coming traffic (the cop) solid 100 yards away. So i pull out and go on my way when the cop whips a u turn and hits his lights on the cars behind me i thought they were speeding or something. Well they move over and he comes to get me. Said he pulled me over for no signal and im thinking i said "Officer im certin i used my blinker, its one of my biggest pet peeves when driving" he said he did not see it and took my lisence and registration. Well he takes FOREVER to come back to my truck almost 10mins (was watching the clock becasue i had somewhere to be) and he hands me a ticket. I was speechless.

Honestly Ive gotten two speeding tickets over the last 4-5 years and i paid them and went on my business because i was speeding and i didnt deny it. This time though it really pissed me off that this jackwagon gives me a ticket over something i harp on everyone for. 1st he is atleast 100 yards away looking at a freshly washed and polished white and chrome front end, I dunno how he could even see my signal considering it was in direct sunlight. I was completely honest and respectful (best way to be with them). Yet he still gives me a ticket? for a no signal when he is too far away to even see if i had my window rolled down or up basically.

Can any help me find the actaul law every time i search i keep getting these dmv scam sites that are privately owned with crap for info. Its not really the cost of the ticket but more the principle that he gave me a ticket when he was not in position to make a good judgement. I also believe that the signal is only required for the last 100 before beignning the turn. So when i arrived at the stop sign my signal usually goes off as soon as i turn the wheels (97 model doesnt stay on). I just need all the facts before i go to court. If anyone else has fought a no signal ticket please chime in.
Rootar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

finally found it! as it reads below, any input

27-51-403. Signals for turning, stopping, changing lanes, or decreasing speed required.

(a) No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course upon a highway unless and until the movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after giving a clearly audible signal by sounding the horn if any pedestrian may be affected by the movement or after giving an appropriate signal in the manner provided in subsection (b) of this section in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

(b) A signal of intention to change lanes or to turn right or left shall be given continuously during not less than the last one hundred feet (100') traveled by the vehicle before changing lanes or turning.

(c) No person shall stop or suddenly decrease the speed of a vehicle without first giving an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this subchapter to the driver of any vehicle immediately to the rear when there is opportunity to give such signal.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

It's the start of the month, he's just getting his quota underway.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
It's the start of the month, he's just getting his quota underway.
Kinda sounds like it.

IMO I'd go to court and fight it just on principal. If you're lucky he won't show and they'll throw it out.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Kinda sounds like it.

IMO I'd go to court and fight it just on principal. If you're lucky he won't show and they'll throw it out.
I got out of two moving violation tickets that exact same way. Just request a formal trial/hearing and hopefully he won't show up cuz' he won't want to burn a vaction day to go to court. OTOH, I got a seatbelt ticket a few months back as I was putting on my belt driving away from my house, 140 bucks later...Yeah, they be hurtin' for revenue everywhere it seems.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Suck it up!

I got a ticket for doing 45 in a 30 (I wasn't). When I got pulled over I asked the cop if he noticed the guy behind me riding my ass as we passed him, and he said yeah. Then I asked why he didn't pull him over as well, and he said that the other guy wasn't speeding. So then I asked that if I was going 45, and the other guy wasn't, how is it possible he was riding my bumper? He didn't answer.

Took the ticket to court, questioned the cop again in front of the judge about the guy that flew up behind me and was riding my ass and again he had no answer.

The judge took his side and fined me $185 plus court costs.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I got a ticket for doing 45 in a 30 (I wasn't). When I got pulled over I asked the cop if he noticed the guy behind me riding my ass as we passed him, and he said yeah. Then I asked why he didn't pull him over as well, and he said that the other guy wasn't speeding. So then I asked that if I was going 45, and the other guy wasn't, how is it possible he was riding my bumper? He didn't answer.

Took the ticket to court, questioned the cop again in front of the judge about the guy that flew up behind me and was riding my ass and again he had no answer.

The judge took his side and fined me $185 plus court costs.
You're just lucky he didn't take you outside afterwards and put a boot on your neck whilst he sprinkled wooden shampoo on your head like Rodney King. I'm actually surprised he got you, it's easier to just pick the last guy off.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
I'm actually surprised he got you, it's easier to just pick the last guy off.
So am I, considering we traveled a 1/2 mile with the cop behind us, lights flashing, before the guy behind me turned off on a side street.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So am I, considering we traveled a 1/2 mile with the cop behind us, lights flashing, before the guy behind me turned off on a side street.
It's always the skinny white guys that are up to no good...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
Web Wheeling

Some newer cars have really shitty turn signal designs that can hardly been seen during the day. At night they are plenty bright and light up the street even. But they are so small, they are hard as hell to see during the day at times.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

The reason im a hardcore signal stictler is that about 4 years ago i had a wreck one time because i was on a 4 lane road at sunset, i t was raining lightly, i moved into the left lane because a car was turning in front of me and im crusiing along about 5 under, no real hurry. All of a sudden there is a car jsut sitting in the road (waiting to turn left, no turn lane) well there was a car beside me of i stoodd on the brakes but it was too late. I went under the other car, wasnt wearing my seat belt so i went through the windshield and
my arm went through the dash.

If have had anything beatin into my thick head its how important proper signaling is. Inconsiderit drivers bothered me before but after that it im 10x worse.

at worse ill still get the ticket but what could they tack on as far as court cost BS.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

lemme know what judge you get...
if you go to court.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
RCC Addict

You pay the same court costs regardless. They are added into the ticket when you pay your fines wether you see a judge or not.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
lemme know what judge you get...
if you go to court.

me and my dad are good friends with one of the 3 judges here but he only handles the criminal trails no traffic or civil stuff. what do you have in mind josh
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

my family has connections as well..
just offering to help if i could.

im a stickler about signaling as well...bimbo's and cell phones..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

ill find out monday.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

I suppose your best chance of winning is the cop not showing up. It's his word against yours. I don't always use my signal, just when absolutely necessary. Like if I'm sitting in a turn lane, I don't use it. But if I'm at a stop sign with no turn lanes, I'll use it.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

IMO cops are idiots about turn signals. i got pulled over for doing 16 over and yada yada (it was my first ticket, $125) and while I am pulled over he tries to tell me I have illegal "blue" tail lights? i said sir, i know for a fact i do not have blue lights on the rear of my truck. he asked me to illiuminate them, I did... low and behold the dumbass was seeing the coating they put on lights to make them illuminae yellow for a turn signal......
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Oh yall didnt get the memo??? Anything made after 1930 doesnt have turn signals...
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

out here its a rare thing to see anybody use signals... especially cops. it drives me nuts! i feel your pain, i would definately dispute it in court.
sacdrums is offline   Reply With Quote