Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: how do you break so much???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default how do you break so much???

I'm into the scx10 axial scaler rigs. I'm sitting here reading these guys say,"I broke my c hubs real fast" "I broke a drive line in less then a day" "my esc fried after a day" blah blah blah.. what the hell are you guys doin?!?!? Ive broke 1 drive line with a 15t venom mod motor and my drive line was stretched. Ill just off a rock over 2 feet high and land right on a front wheel and mine hasn't broke. I've never just fried a esc or servo. Do you not know they don't handle 6s lipo stock??? I run 2 3s lipos in parallel at a total of 2700mah and a bec on a stock esc and haven't fried anything or broke anything.

Please explain to me how do you guys manage to destroy these rigs so dang fast? I'm very hard on all 3 of mine and they all hold up very well.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

*jump not just
Old 10-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I like to stand on mine while driving them in the rain....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
I'm into the scx10 axial scaler rigs. I'm sitting here reading these guys say,"I broke my c hubs real fast" "I broke a drive line in less then a day" "my esc fried after a day" blah blah blah.. what the hell are you guys doin?!?!? Ive broke 1 drive line with a 15t venom mod motor and my drive line was stretched. Ill just off a rock over 2 feet high and land right on a front wheel and mine hasn't broke. I've never just fried a esc or servo. Do you not know they don't handle 6s lipo stock??? I run 2 3s lipos in parallel at a total of 2700mah and a bec on a stock esc and haven't fried anything or broke anything.

Please explain to me how do you guys manage to destroy these rigs so dang fast? I'm very hard on all 3 of mine and they all hold up very well.
I literally almost couldn't break my ax-10 until I put good tires and foams on. Then all of the sudden EVERYTHING broke, really ****ing fast. Before tires I could only break the crappy lower links and servo.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

Standing could be interesting. I've been planking on mine. I kinda wondered why the tires were so flat, but never got around to looking for stiffer foams.

My approach angles are terrible. Maybe I'll try owling on it.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Standing could be interesting. I've been planking on mine. I kinda wondered why the tires were so flat, but never got around to looking for stiffer foams.

My approach angles are terrible. Maybe I'll try owling on it.
owling...lol

------------

I've wondered the same thing. Until I upgraded my motor (just this month) I had 2 years of trouble free bashing aside from one fried servo (my fault). I threw on some Mud Slingers and a few different bodies but never broke any driveline. With the more powerful motor though, weak links have been popping up...driveshafts, output shafts, etc and my driving style didn't change any, all breaks happen on obsticles I have done 100s of times (my backyard course isn't THAT big, a few minutes you've covered the whole thing so you run the same lines quite a bit). Maybe just coincidence that things were wearing out after all this time and abuse, but all hell sure broke loose quick after! I can't imagine if I was on 3s
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I batman from mine.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Don't get me wrong, I know stuff is gonna break sooner or later but we are talkin about guys that just take it out of the box and that day stuff has broke lol. Yea I know the drivelines are weak, but they aren't the easiest to brake with a stock 27t axial motor or a cheap 35t can. I guess I've just always had the luck of stuff not breaking on me or the common sence of "hey, if I do that again it may break" or "man that wheel is really wedged in there, I may not wanna floor it with it in there".

I would like to stand on mine and drive it through rain stock though, that does sound like a hell of a time
Old 10-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
One per foot? (Cause you used them not it.)
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Sometimes, I make things.

Sometimes you will find something on a RTR that wasnt assembled perfectly, or on kits where someone did something wrong and it will cause breakage fast. I just got a Wraith and just testing it out in the living room my knuckle almost ripped itself off as it was assmebled w/o the top screw holding it to the C hub. It then broke the first time i took it outide, i think mainly due to it flexing first then being bound up (with better esc, motor and bigger tires but just on 2s). Also other reasons, there is a lot of weak points on most RC's if you really push them, thats why aftermarket parts are so prevelant, things break and people want it better for next time, part of why the knuckle broke is the crappy stock steering tie rod can allow a lot of flex and your wheels can overtravel in the steering and your axleshafts will spin in the cups and tear stuff up.

I am pretty rough on my trucks, i rarely get something out w/o breaking something, its just how i am with my toys, always have been. I beat on them because its fun to watch them crash, roll, flip, what have you because it just adds to the fun, and the "That would have been cool if i made it" lines that you will just keep trying over and over, because you think/know you can make it, and all of a sudden you realize you have been there for 15 minets beating the snot out of your rig. They will break, if they dont, your not wheeling hard enough, but then again, if thats how you like to drive, so be it, as long as your having fun doing it, its what its all about.

Last edited by crazyorigin; 10-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

4 words: Ghost ride the whip
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
Suck it up!

If you haven't broken anything, you aren't driving as hard as you think you are.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
Scale Detail Engineering

yeah, you're doing it wrong
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
If you haven't broken anything, you aren't driving as hard as you think you are.
This.

Also when you build a real full scaler they tend to weight 10+ lbs and that starts to show weak points.

Not breaking = not driving (when stock)
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Im currently running a 10.5t on 11.1v and it will get up and go. Rear steered TTC Class 3 scaler. I've broke 4 drivelines, stripped spur gears, idler gears, wheel hexes, ect ect. Pretty much because I drive mine like it was built. Southern buggy. Wide open assualts. Thats how I like to drive.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I usually just throw mine at the rocks and if that doesn't work,i just end up kicking it around.
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #17
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Also when you build a real full scaler they tend to weight 10+ lbs and that starts to show weak points. (when stock)
this is the real reason.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #18
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I also scratch my head at ease of things being broken sometimes. If there is insane power being but through a truck I can see drivetrain issues but stock RTR electronics on a NIMH battery and screw something up???

I like to beat on mine a little bit but I also like to not be broke. Replacing parts all the time is NOT fun for me. I also go on hikes with mine and carrying the POS 2 miles back to the truck because I broke it would tick me off.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
This.

Also when you build a real full scaler they tend to weight 10+ lbs and that starts to show weak points.

Not breaking = not driving (when stock)
this is silly.. I dont think he is asking about guys with "real" fat scalers.. Most morons that post they just broke their box stock honcho dont have a 10lb truck.. and half the idiots say they did it on the living room floor..

breaking=not knowing how to drive.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
One per foot? (Cause you used them not it.)
If you are talented enough to work two remotes at once.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote