Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Can it go 2wd?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Can it go 2wd?

So the non rc section doesn't get frequented alot and since this isn't a crawler can do it in general section so I have a slash 4x4 and took it apart and noticed rusted bearing on the motor mount thing so I posted up a wanted add but afterward looking at it, I had a strange thought of wondering if I just took out the long blue drive shaft that connects the back to the front and make it just 2wd, would it work? Or does that drive shaft help keep the spur and all that centered? Because I was thinking that it seats into a recessed area with the bearing so I thought that would keep it centered but just wanted to ask
Attached Images

demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

Just pull the driveshaft and run it. When those things were first coming out, that was how they were being raced against the 2WD's.

Edit: Just remembered, those things use an optional center differential or a slipper assembly. If the center diff's in there, you won't go anywhere, as it'll just diff out on ya. Need to run the slipper unit to drive in 2WD.

Last edited by Trubble; 10-14-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
Just pull the driveshaft and run it. When those things were first coming out, that was how they were being raced against the 2WD's.

Edit: Just remembered, those things use an optional center differential or a slipper assembly. If the center diff's in there, you won't go anywhere, as it'll just diff out on ya. Need to run the slipper unit to drive in 2WD.
Ya it's got the slipper, no diff. I tried it out...... How the hell y'all wanting 2wd? It sucks lol mind it was wet out but dang does 4wd do better lol I just wanted to try because at the locol hobby shop they got a race course and they all drive 2wd and say that 4wd wouldn't do good
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
How the hell y'all wanting 2wd?
Well, for starters, there's this.........
Quote:
because at the locol hobby shop they got a race course and they all drive 2wd and say that 4wd wouldn't do good
There's lot of other reasons I like the 2WD's, also.

Quote:
It sucks lol mind it was wet out but dang does 4wd do better lol
In the wet? In the snow? On the ice? Plowing through sand, mud, or grass? I'd imagine having all four wheels powered (at least to some extent) would do better, yes. But on a track, (be it carpet or prepared dirt/clay), the 2WD platform typically performs quite adequately.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote