Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Aggressive driver?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Aggressive driver?

So I've been told this by my friend a few times but that always led to a discussion of what is a aggressive driver, I've always taken aggressive as someone who will tailgate another car to pass or just tailgate(neither which I do) or jumps in-between two cars that forces the car behind to put on the breaks or you have to do the same because your so close to the front(again I don't do) I've always thought of myself as a opportunistic driver or the path of least resistance driver where I'll change lanes on a free way to where I don't have to slow down or wait behind other cars, like I'll go from the left farthest side to middle lane to the right farthest lane and then once ahead of the middle lane car(two car length apart) I'll turn back in to the middle lane and if I'm again ahead of the car in the left lane I'll switch over to it. Yes that means I'm going from one side to the next then back but again I've never tailgated or had slam on brakes or any of that.
Just wanting to see if any one on here that is a cop like k9popo can clarify what a aggressive driver is.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
So I've been told this by my friend a few times but that always led to a discussion of what is a aggressive driver, I've always taken aggressive as someone who will tailgate another car to pass or just tailgate(neither which I do) or jumps in-between two cars that forces the car behind to put on the breaks or you have to do the same because your so close to the front(again I don't do) I've always thought of myself as a opportunistic driver or the path of least resistance driver where I'll change lanes on a free way to where I don't have to slow down or wait behind other cars, like I'll go from the left farthest side to middle lane to the right farthest lane and then once ahead of the middle lane car(two car length apart) I'll turn back in to the middle lane and if I'm again ahead of the car in the left lane I'll switch over to it.
That is one long ass runon sentence...

BTW, all of that lane changing doesnt get you any further ahead in traffic.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Holmes Hobbies

If your using your turn signals,I'd say your good. Do it on my bike too.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
That is one long ass runon sentence...

BTW, all of that lane changing doesnt get you any further ahead in traffic.
Ya I apologize for that, I was typing as I thought about it.
And actually it does get me farther because by means of time, and I will state that I ALWAYS use my turn signal. people who don't use their turn signal bug the hell out of me.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
If your using your turn signals,I'd say your good. Do it on my bike too.
Yup lol and that's why I'm asking because I do follow the rules it's just I choose to not wait behind a car that is going below the speed when I could move over to the next lane and maintain my original speed
Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I don't always use my turn signal. Non of your business where I'm going

Not you but other people in general.
korn_2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn_2956 View Post

I don't think that's a good way to go about it, using your turn signal allows people to know if your going to be going into their lane so they can slow down or move over, many of times I've almost been hit because I was turning in to a middle lane and the person on the other side was too but they never put their turn signal on so I didn't know they were going in to the same lane as me. Almost crashed into each other.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn_2956 View Post

nice..you should consider takeing the bus
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't think that's a good way to go about it, using your turn signal allows people to know if your going to be going into their lane so they can slow down or move over, many of times I've almost been hit because I was turning in to a middle lane and the person on the other side was too but they never put their turn signal on so I didn't know they were going in to the same lane as me. Almost crashed into each other.
happens all the time here, fawkin oblivious idoits..one for the "pet peves" thread
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

sounds like you're an aggressive driver to me. but at least you use your turn signal.

i am a defensive driver, but never aggressive. i don't let people jerk me around. if they wanna ride my ass, i'll slow down. if they flash their brights i will slow down even more and/or pace the person next to us so there is no way they can get around. i hate when people drive like they are the only ones on the road or like they're entitled to the right of way.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
sounds like you're an aggressive driver to me. but at least you use your turn signal.

i am a defensive driver, but never aggressive. i don't let people jerk me around. if they wanna ride my ass, i'll slow down. if they flash their brights i will slow down even more and/or pace the person next to us so there is no way they can get around. i hate when people drive like they are the only ones on the road or like they're entitled to the right of way.
But see I don't drive like what you are describing of others.
But how am I a aggressive driver to you? Could you explain the reasoning?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Holmes Hobbies

Quote:
Yup lol and that's why I'm asking because I do follow the rules it's just I choose to not wait behind a car that is going below the speed when I could move over to the next lane and maintain my original speed
Quote:
You either use them or not, Use them and be there before the other drivers and yea, Tailgate me and I slow down but if I'm on the bike I have a pocket full of ball bearings.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
You either use them or not, Use them and be there before the other drivers and yea, Tailgate me and I slow down but if I'm on the bike I have a pocket full of ball bearings.
ball bearings? I like that lol but like I said I never tail gate or ride someone's ass, I always change lanes way before I ever get to that point.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
But see I don't drive like what you are describing of others.
But how am I a aggressive driver to you? Could you explain the reasoning?
i described an extreme example haha i just see anyone who changes lanes constantly as a somewhat aggressive driver. if they don't ride my ass and they use their turn signal it doesn't bother me though. not to mention i'm super cautious when i drive cuz i am paranoid of getting pulled over haha i've been stereotyped by too many cops because i have tattoos and my ear lobes are stretched to 2 inches.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:

X2....I used to have a sticker on the back of the table-top ute, said "want a convertible? keep tailgating and you'll get it." BAsically, ride my ass and I'll brake-check you. High-beam, you'll get it back point blank as you pass by. High beam from behind, I'll slow to let you pass then high beam you for a while. Wanna pass in a stupid spot, I'll speed match you. I do my best to have decent road manners, so I expect others to at least try do the same.
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #16
Suck it up!

Quote:
if they wanna ride my ass, i'll slow down. if they flash their brights i will slow down even more and/or pace the person next to us so there is no way they can get around. i hate when people drive like they are the only ones on the road or like they're entitled to the right of way.
So not letting someone pass you makes you better?

I have a tendency to ride peoples butts if they are driving slow in the left hand lane and the right lane is clear.

A couple weeks ago a guy pulling a trailer full of lawn mowers slammed on his brakes to get me to back off (never mind that he was driving 45 in a 55). If I had to do it again, I would have hit him and totaled the nice new riding mower on the very back of the trailer.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
So not letting someone pass you makes you better?

I have a tendency to ride peoples butts if they are driving slow in the left hand lane and the right lane is clear.

A couple weeks ago a guy pulling a trailer full of lawn mowers slammed on his brakes to get me to back off (never mind that he was driving 45 in a 55). If I had to do it again, I would have hit him and totaled the nice new riding mower on the very back of the trailer.
that's what i'm talking about. if there isn't an open lane next to me, and i am passing them AND speeding on top of it, i react by slowing down. disrespect me, i disrespect back.

now if i'm passing and someone comes up behind me and DOESN'T ride my ass or flash their lights, i get around the person i'm passing as quickly as possible and let the person behind me pass me. a little patience and respect goes a long way with me.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #18
Suck it up!

Quote:
that's what i'm talking about. if there isn't an open lane next to me, and i am passing them AND speeding on top of it, i react by slowing down. disrespect me, i disrespect back.

now if i'm passing and someone comes up behind me and DOESN'T ride my ass or flash their lights, i get around the person i'm passing as quickly as possible and let the person behind me pass me. a little patience and respect goes a long way with me.
No, you're just being a dick. There's no point in "getting even", they don't know who you are and they don't give a fawk either. Maintain your speed and get over when its safe so that they can get by. Pissing them off doesn't make anything better, and could lead to one or both of you getting hurt. People have been shot over crap like that.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
And actually it does get me farther because by means of time...
Not really. I regularly notice people doing exactly what you describe....and I laugh to myself when they take the same exit that I do and I pull up next to them at the red light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
nice..you should consider takeing the bus
Bah....the bus is for suckers, hobos and out-of-towners....oh wait...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

You don't sound like an aggressive driver to me, but I am irritated by the fact that you have to continously switch lanes...slower traffic keep right!!!

I believe I am a defensive driver, as well as an aggressive driver. I speed up to switch lanes/get over if I need to turn...not slow down. I never enter the highway below the speed limit, etc. I also tend to use my trucks to intimidate other drivers, works very well. I hate when I have to drive my fiances car...just can't bully poor drivers.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote