Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: discontinued

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default discontinued

according to axial's site the scx10 kit, and dingo rtr are discontinued. now the dingo is a kit
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Dingo rtr being dc'ed is news to me. The original kit has been for a minute
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
I'm a stupid C U N T!

the new dingo kit is SWEET! Wraith trans and drive shaft, walker evans wheels and 1.9 ripsaws
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
the new dingo kit is SWEET! Wraith trans and drive shaft, walker evans wheels and 1.9 ripsaws
W.E. wheels are sweet!
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Jus
I wanna be Dave

The original scx-10 kit being discontinued is old news but it still saddens me. My wife and I both have one it was our first steps into the scale rc world and they were a great base kit to start with. Mine has been a constant work in progress ever since I got it.

First I'd heard of the plug being pulled on the Dingo RTR. I'm assuming the Honcho stole all it's thunder? At least the new Dingo kit has been announced. It should be pretty cool except for the lack of beadlock wheels. I know I want one when I can afford it.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
I'm a stupid C U N T!

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10_dingo/index.html
Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
It should be pretty cool except for the lack of beadlock wheels..
What's up with this trend? I know the Axial "Strip-O-Matic" screws were worthless on previous Axials, but no more bead-locks?!? I think they should cut the price and just ship without wheels or tires. It's the first thing everyone tosses anyway.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
What's up with this trend? I know the Axial "Strip-O-Matic" screws were worthless on previous Axials, but no more bead-locks?!? I think they should cut the price and just ship without wheels or tires. It's the first thing everyone tosses anyway.
Beadlocks hurt wheel sales? no need to buy dozens of wheels to swap tires?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Beadlocks hurt wheel sales? no need to buy dozens of wheels to swap tires?
I have to say I almost always buy new wheels for new tires.. I hate taking beadlocks apart
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
20K Club

Quote:
That is not the Wraith trans, just the driveshafts.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
The original scx-10 kit being discontinued is old news but it still saddens me. My wife and I both have one it was our first steps into the scale rc world and they were a great base kit to start with. Mine has been a constant work in progress ever since I got it.

First I'd heard of the plug being pulled on the Dingo RTR. I'm assuming the Honcho stole all it's thunder? At least the new Dingo kit has been announced. It should be pretty cool except for the lack of beadlock wheels. I know I want one when I can afford it.
i was really suprised about the scx kit, seemed like it was one of there best sellers. mines also a never ending project and got me hooked on scalers. looks like a dingo kit might be in my future, any timeline on the release?
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
20K Club

The dingo is really the same as the original kit, just a better body. I like the choice Axial made.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The dingo is really the same as the original kit, just a better body. I like the choice Axial made.
Well , I hate to , but I have to agree.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
x2

I think they made a good move. Much better than the original kit body.

As for the wheels, not my favorite choice but I don't mind having decent regular glue on wheels.

I have been wanting to do a dingo build and now with the kit like this I am excited. I have always liked the body with the extra bits and pieces available to make it more realistic looking.

The addition of the spur cover and wraith shafts is a winner for sure.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Wonder when its suppose to hit the sale market im interested big time

Sent from my highly abused ATRIX 4G1/2
jon1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Surprised to see the Honcho Kit be discontinued. The RTR Dingo not so surprised.

RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Geez, I think I still have some original parts from the first run of AX10 kits !

The new dingo kit looks cool, really like the wheels. From a technical scale perspective, I'm glad to see the honcho gone. I hated how everyone called it a truggy when it's not
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
No idea what I'm doing

I hope the price is close to the original SCX-10 kit. Around $209 would probably get me to buy one. But honestly, I have enough SCX axles to last for quite some time...don't really need more.

This would be a good second truck to bring along to scale comps though. There always seems to be someone standing around that doesn't have a truck to drive. Wouldn't mind letting them try this out if I had it.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #19
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I hope the price is close to the original SCX-10 kit. Around $209 would probably get me to buy one. But honestly, I have enough SCX axles to last for quite some time...don't really need more.

This would be a good second truck to bring along to scale comps though. There always seems to be someone standing around that doesn't have a truck to drive. Wouldn't mind letting them try this out if I had it.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Not too bad price wise. My first Axial was the base "kit". Still have it, it has been great. I have 2 others as well as enough parts for a 4th with a few additions. Things I did not like from the base kit have been changed with this new Dingo kit. I never liked the base body although some people have made them look pretty nice. I like the Dingo body much more though I have never owned one. The stock Axial beadlocks have never been good to me. The screws and the hex's strip pretty easy. I think by Axial including non bead locks helps lower price. but once you glue the tires on, they are not easy to remove. But it does make you more apt to upgrade to a better bead lock off the bat. The new wheels are ok. Not too much of a fan of the looks, though there are much worse out there. The Flat Irons have proven to be a good tire overall. Dropping them to go the Axial route for tires I am sure lowered costs for Axial. No having to source tires from another manufacturer now. The Ripsaws are fairly scale, they are just not an imitation of any 1:1 tire. But from what I have read, they are a good performing tire. The Flat Irons were a pretty good imitation of the Goodyear Krawlers and worked very well for me, just a little on the short side for what I prefer.

All in all, I think it is a much more complete kit and a good value compared to the old base. It is closer in additions and scale stuff to the Honcho kits. The stock kit did not have bumpers, sliders or led options at all. The base kit was also just a plain lexan body where as this one has the molded cage. That is nice. They also seem to have taken a major complaint from new SCX owners and gone the through pin design with the driveshafts so they will not slip off as easy.

A lot of good things in my opinion for a few extra bucks. In this day and age of cutbacks and bad economy it is not a surprise to see manufacturers of "toys" streamline a bit. I think Axial made some very good choices in doing so.

Last edited by Rook82; 10-29-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote