Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Vendor - Rant and Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Vendor - Rant and Questions

I'm no newbie, i've been here from quite some time. I've had a least 100 transactions thru this site and have yet to be burned. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back here.

So here I am for some advice and a rant (more of a rant to vent my frustation than anything else) hahaha

I purchased some parts from a vendor here on 3/19/2013, nothing huge but $80 is $80 right? So I wait a week, nothing in the inbox, no package. I pm, he says sorry man they will go out this week. This went on for a couple of weeks. The last contact I had from him was 4/10/2013. Since then I have sent 1 pm a week asking about the status with no reply.

I'm fine with stuff that takes a while to build or get from their subcontractors but I was told that he "had a pile of them ready to ship" back in March so what gives? But the part that really..........REALLY pisses me off is that he is just ignoring me now. I know he was online 3 times yesterday, he was online when I PM'ed him at 5:25 last night but didn't feel the need to let me know what's up.

Am I nuts? Out of line?
glondark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
WOOPOOW!!

Default Re: Vendor - Rant and Questions

Things happen man. Sometimes things get misplaced, orders get dropped and forgotten about. The vendors here on RCC go through alot of this, I know with some of my buddies who are vendors, and who I know get pulled in 40 something directions, its extremely easy for one little issue that comes up to stop production completely. Like if you are cutting carbon fiber chassies and you run out of carbon fiber and have to wait 2 weeks on more, with more orders piling in than you can fill. Or you break your last cutting bit, etc. That stuff happens on the regular. Also, if its a bigger vendor you are dealing with here, you have to imagine the amount of PM's these guys get. Some of them go 1 by one, dealing with the oldest to the newest. Maybe your pm is way above 15 others who are having some kind of issue or trying to get something taken care of.

I understand your frustration though, Ive been there like I said. Its not fun, especially when you have a comp in a couple of days and the vendor says they will have your part to you and then they dont, and wont answer your pm's..
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

one saying I like....

"simple communication is key"
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I wouldn't say you're out of line.

Most vendors will treat you right once things get straightened out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
TN State Champ 11,12,13

That would chap my ass also.
If he really has been online since your first pm and was online when you pm'd him and didn't respond, I say ask for a refund or start a Paypal dispute! That will get him off his ass and take care of the problem. I'm sick of people trying to defend bad vendor behavior. There is no excuse for ignoring your requests for information. Even if the vendor is a one man show and has fallen behind on filling orders simple communication would make a world of difference.

Last edited by Pdog7; 04-24-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
RCC Addict

bob1961 is 100% correct.

Most people on here understand that the venders are not factories and sometimes things get messed up. An HONEST word about the situation would satisfy most people on here when there's a problem. Even better would be correct communication at the time of purchase.

IMO it doesn't matter if they have a huge factory or are working out of the garage, once you commit to taking peoples money a certain level of standards and professionalism is expected. We are lucky that most of the venders on here do.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

I've been on the hot plate before, and always try my best to make things right. Sometimes things do fall behind, and I think most people understand that, but communication is free. It takes 30 seconds to respond to a PM or email, and goes a long way in keeping people happy.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Fan of wheelspeed

Being a vendor that does work and has product/skills that are in any level demand is not easy. I said when I started that once it became a job I'd quit. It took a whole two months for it to become a job, lol. I love working for people, and I love the fact that my work is enjoyed by others. But in the same sense I agree that some form of communication is key. You may not have the news that your customer wants to hear, but bad news is better than no news. I'm not always going to shoot a PM to guys everytime I have a update, but in my case updating a build thread is just as good IMO. As long as the customer sees some form of work or a attempt at getting the job done or issue resolved then everyone should be happy. I hope that the OP gets the issue resolved in a timely and professional manner.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I had an issue with a vendor on here just like this. Never was resolved. I was strung along for a month and I finally just made the parts my self.....the difference was that he was making the parts and I wasn't going to pay him for the parts until they were done, so I wasn't out any money, just a lot of time.
I'd PM this vendor and say all you want is a simple response and explanation or you're going to make a big deal about it and let people know not to trust him. I'd want to know who it is if I were dealing with him in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glondark View Post
I'm no newbie, i've been here from quite some time. I've had a least 100 transactions thru this site and have yet to be burned. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back here.

So here I am for some advice and a rant (more of a rant to vent my frustation than anything else) hahaha

I purchased some parts from a vendor here on 3/19/2013, nothing huge but $80 is $80 right? So I wait a week, nothing in the inbox, no package. I pm, he says sorry man they will go out this week. This went on for a couple of weeks. The last contact I had from him was 4/10/2013. Since then I have sent 1 pm a week asking about the status with no reply.

I'm fine with stuff that takes a while to build or get from their subcontractors but I was told that he "had a pile of them ready to ship" back in March so what gives? But the part that really..........REALLY pisses me off is that he is just ignoring me now. I know he was online 3 times yesterday, he was online when I PM'ed him at 5:25 last night but didn't feel the need to let me know what's up.

Am I nuts? Out of line?
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

Vendor - Rant and Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant about vendors! jeremyfowler33 Newbie General 6 01-08-2013 08:46 PM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
My rant about some vendors. The Doc General Scale Talk 0 11-18-2010 09:46 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
Just had to Rant!!!!!!!!!! sean_lv_crawler Chit Chat 27 08-22-2005 12:55 PM