Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Help us Help BiggaH's Family!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Help us Help BiggaH's Family!!!!!!!!!

Thread is now open...Please Please get your Stickers....These are laminated for 1:1's as well
Here is the Give Away Thread
Steve Andrews AKA BiggaH Memorial Stickers and Huge Giveaway!!!

All funds raised go to the family....

Here is the website for ordering your stickers.... Results for BiggaH
Attached Images

Last edited by Krawler Konceptz; 11-21-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

We passed the $200.00 mark...
Lets go higher!!!!!!!
Please help!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Already at the $400.00 mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets make it bigger.....
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is BiggaH and what happened? I am guessing a member here who passed recently?
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for asking..
BiggaH aka Steve Andrews was a member of the MiRCA club. He recently passed away. We are raising funds to help his family.
There are stories in the Give Away Thread about What type of person he was. He was an awesome man.

Personally he helped me with getting a small vendor like me noticed. And told everyone he knew how great our skins were. He was very proud of his skins.

Cheers
Michelle
Old 11-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Steve was a killer guy an he helped me take my crawler to the next level.
I was in need of a chasis an some wheels and man, steve helped me rite out with some old ones he had just replaced. I told Steve i didnt really have the money for them but he made me take them and he just said "pay me when u can." He was always a fun guy to crawl with and he never had a worry in the world when he was crawling just having fun. I will miss him for sure an i'm sure everyone else will as well. Michelle hooked me up with a awesome hood that i will run in his memory.

rip big steve
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but who is BiggaH and what happened? I am guessing a member here who passed recently?

I met him on the forum after he bought a honcho.. I would get calls weekly if not daily from that moment on and we were friends. I couldn't make long distance calls and he made sure we talked.

He loved his family, his friends, and rock crawling and always had positive and encouraging things to say..

I miss him.. He was pretty awesome.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

One fond memory of Steve that I will always remember took place at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Ohio after a day of crawling at the Battlegrounds competition. Steve loved food as we all know but he especially liked HOT food. He would regularly order spicy food as he really enjoyed it. But on this particular night he never would have imagined that he would taste a chicken wing so spicy. B Dubs has a rather hot sauce called Blazin' sauce. It was their hottest sauce they carry.
One of the other groups we were with decided to give it a try but after only one wing, they gave in to the heat.
They brought the remainder of the wings over to our table and asked if anyone would like them. Steve, being never one to turn down a challenge gladly accepted. Within a few seconds Steve had consumed one of the wings. He sat back and said it was not too bad, but he was not crazy about the flavor. After sitting for a minute or two. We noticed little sweat beads forming on his forehead. He was taking big gulps of water. Within another minute he exclaimed "DAMN!! Those things are pretty hot". He continued gulping down his water and ordering another glass.
By this time, sweat was pouring off his head and he looked to be in agony as he was experiencing the hottest food he had ever eaten!

His demeanor of astonishment turned into anger!! He was mad as a hell and could not shake to hold the spices in his mouth had on him. He said "this stuff is dangerous! They should never allow these things to be sold!". "what I'd a baby was to accidentally eat some, it could do some serious damage to them".

We all sat back and laughed as we know the Blazin' wings had conquered Steve! It was a memory that I'll never forget!!

Steve also always had good looking trucks. From the bodies he painted himself to the customs skins he worked with Krawler Konceptz in creating. But the trucks he drove never held a candle to his personality and his never failing positive attitude.
Over the last few months we all noticed that Steve had started to struggle with his health. But even though he was in pain, it never stopped him from coming out and having a good time with us.
He is a person who I am truly grateful to have known and a friend that I will always remember and love like a brother.

Rest in peace Big Steve.

Last edited by jcboof; 11-18-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Sp.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Jesse, that was one awesome memory bud, but that's Steve.

I don't even think I could pick one best story or memory. I do remember when he made a costume for his Crawler with a rat tail for one Halloween crawl we had.

Or the many stories he told Farmer and I, boy he was funny once he got on his stories.

He was a great guy, helped everyone in the club. He would give you the shirt off his back or the crawler from his hands. If you broke he was there with parts, or finding them, or giving you tools to use.

I never had a brother, but Steve was like a cool uncle or cousin. Always there to cheer you up, encourage you on a bad day (crawling or just in general). I know his family misses him more than I could, but his loss has hit me pretty hard.

RIP Big Steve, don't raise too much hell up there buddy.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
RCC Addict

It's almost like he knew I was having a bad day/ week/ month and made a phone call when I could really use one. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone or anything and I've never met a person as genuine about it. Our talks would average an hour at a time and I never left a conversation wondering about anything.. I only have a handful of people that I talk with like that and he was one of them. Normally I'm not a fan of a person calling me bro but I thought it was pretty cool he did..

He really did enjoy life..
Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

What about Tim Duncan?? Lol!!! We had a little Tim Duncan action figure that used to ride in Steve and Farmers Beetlejuice chassis. One day during a sad mishap. Tim lost an arm. Farmer was heartbroken so Steve took Tim Duncan home and put a wrestling figures arm on him and also made a mini DX3r radio that Tim held in his hand! It was hilarious!!!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

First time I ever saw Steve, but had not met him and didn't know who he was. I was at Larrys RC. I see this guy walk in the door of the hobby shop with two grocery bags, one with a Losi night crawler in it, the other a slash sticking out of it. The more I got into crawlers Big Steve was everywhere, show up at a comp and steve was there...Big fluffy afro and all.
Steve was the kind of guy who loved to quote movies, and had a movie quote for just about every situation. .....LOL

He would show up at Camp twisted on a sunday to comp after working all night, set up and fall asleep in Bobs garage. We would have to wake him up to tell him "your up"....but he was anways awake for lunch

Steve got a Jeep Liberty last summer, and asked me if I could get him a seat belt extension (I work at a jeep dealer)....Steve is a big dude...and needs this. Well I found one laying around and picked it up for him, but I never got to give it to him. It will sit in my Cherokee for a long time im sure.

Rip Big Steve, you will be missed......
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
What about Tim Duncan?? Lol!!! We had a little Tim Duncan action figure that used to ride in Steve and Farmers Beetlejuice chassis.
I remember when Steve ran a few times with "the Tim Duncan" hooked to his radio antenna.....Huge arm on one side and all
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

What about his 4pk's antenna Ninja Ducky he happened to find somewhere?

"Breathe Steve! BREATHE"
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I've been saving pics of Tim Duncan and didnt even know who was behind the man..

I wish I could have met him in person but I'm happy to read these stories.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Come on RCC we are at $500.00 lets help Steve's family for Christmas Thank you for the support....over $1200 is the price of the Give Away!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Please everyone...whatever your donation is from $7-and higher...is appreciated very much...its all the donations together that make one big difference...no matter how much you give you still gave and that is what matters....
We are up to $600
Cheers
Michelle
Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Help us Help BiggaH's Family!!!!!!!!!

Bump!!! For Biggah brother...