Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Tower Hobbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Tower Hobbies

Has any one else ever had any shipping problems from Tower? I ordered my things on the 18th and have yet to recive them. I have called and they said that i have to wait 30 days before they consider it lost. My dad ordered some holley carbs and spark arrestors (for the boat) on monday and we got those today so WTF??? I guess i just have to wait until the 18 and call them again.
plyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
MWRCA'er

I've never had a issue with Tower hobbies shipping. But, I live in the same state as tower.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yea i live in Alaska, but it still shouldnt take a month.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I buy from them all the time and have yet to have a problem. The only little thing that went wrong, was a pair of drag stlye O-ring front wheels I ordered only came with one of the O-ring tires in the pack. I called and they sent me a whole new set, no questions asked. It wasn't even really towers fault, it was Bolink's since they packaged them.
I'd recommend Tower to anyone!
shutupanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

ok well its good to hear good things about them. 1sickclod i hope u get ur things straight. like i said they told me that i have to wait 30 days from the date it was shipped (wich was the 18th i ordered on the 16th) before they consider it lost.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

The joys of shipping to Alaska. I stay away from Tower just for that reason. Might as well consider shipping to AK is the same as shipping to China as far as Tower's concerned. I buy 90% of my junk from Stormer Hobbies and haven't had a problem yet. They specialize is international shipping so I figure they could handle shipping to Alaska
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:15 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I've ordered a couple things from them. I only had a problem once, they shipped the package to my next door neighbor somehow. It took 3 weeks before he saw me out driving and said, "Hey, I bet this belongs to you" and gave me my long awaited servo
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I live in Illinois where one of there distribution centers are so i get next day service almost every time. I have probably ordered from them 100 times with only one issue.

I got someones returned & fried Rebel 2. It had obviously been opened and returned. Some of the stickers were missing, etc. It was also fried! I asked to return it to tower and they said "Tekin insists getting broken items returned to them" I thought it was going to be a fight with tekin, but they fixed it and returned under warranty in 6 days total time!!!
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Did you get a shipping notification email? I have always gotten one from them on every order, with a tracking number.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
RCC Addict

ive ordered from towerhobbies over 15 times and never once had a problem, as a matter of fact they are suberb, i always get overnight packages the next day, even if im past the cutoff time.

maybe its because you live in alaska, and the mailman got lost in a snowstorm.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Did you check and make sure the parts weren't on backorder. This is probably a stupid question but I gotta ask.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:55 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I have placed several orders with Tower and never had any problems other than the extremely long wait for items on backorder to ship.

Did you place your order via the website, catalog or phone? If you ordered through their site, login and check the order status. The order details will also have your package tracking information so you can see where the hell the package is in transit.
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B
The joys of shipping to Alaska. I stay away from Tower just for that reason. Might as well consider shipping to AK is the same as shipping to China as far as Tower's concerned. I buy 90% of my junk from Stormer Hobbies and haven't had a problem yet. They specialize is international shipping so I figure they could handle shipping to Alaska
Thats funny, I get the same crap with living in Hawaii. Just a heads up for people that sell here, USPS Priority mail cost the same to ship to the 49th and 50th STATES (yeah we are part of the good ol USA too) as it does to ship to any other state that is out of your "zone".

As far as Tower, Ive placed a few orders, but never had a problem. But I tend to get used to the fact that I have to wait longer for my stuff.

I recently ordered a case of tlts from ultimate, ended up being just under $90 for shipping :( cloud of shipped that priority for under $50, insured and tracked.
nktrnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

none of my parts were on back order. I placed the order on the 16th, went back to my account on tower and it said it was shipped the 18th. But i geuss i spoke too soon cuz today i woke up to find my package on my doorstep. i ordered it over their web site and they did send me an
e-mail with a conformation number but they didnt ship it ups they shiped it usps and i didnt kno that. oh well im happy.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

There a great company but one time i had bought some thruster ball for my nitro car and other stuff they went in there and i call them they said they would over night them that was in jan i am still wating i keep calling them no responce butt thos thing are small i give it time.
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS511
There a great company but one time i had bought some thruster ball for my nitro car and other stuff they went in there and i call them they said they would over night them that was in jan i am still wating i keep calling them no responce butt thos thing are small i give it time.
Holy run-on sentance Batman! I had to read it 3 times to understand what you said.

plyr2k,
Glad you got your stuff ok, they are a good company and have always come through for me too.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

SO WHAT I CANT TALKED THATED GOOED GO YOUED SEFLS IN THE AZED.
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote