Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Phone Scam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Phone Scam

So, I'm sitting here watching Monday Night Football with my wife and we get a phone call. Caller ID says "Phone Scam" and the number is 567-248-4400. I answered the phone and a recording starts saying that I'm paying too high interest on my credit card and says "if you want to lower your interest rate, press 9 now". I figured WTF and I pressed 9. Then, some guy with a middle eastern accent starts telling me how the interest rate I pay on my BofA credit card is too high, and he can help me. I let him go on for a few minutes, then break the news to him that 1) I don't have a BofA credit card (fawk BofA lol) and 2) his number came across as a phone scam on my caller ID. We went round and round for about 20 minutes. I even offered to send him to see Allah! I used every expletive and slur I could think of on him. He did an admirable job of cussing at me too lol.

I finally got him to admit that it was a scam and that he was calling from Afghanistan! I Googled the number and it comes back as a scam....

I've had a lot of pent up anger/frustration in me the last few weeks and this was the release I needed.... And I saw my wife laughing her ass off for the first time in quite a while, so all in all, it was worth it...

Just beware, no financial institution will ever call you concerning your credit card/banking accounts. I worked for BofA at one time (forgive me) and when we needed to contact a customer, we would send them an email (or phone call) asking them to contact us...

Oh yeah.... Right before we hung up, he wished me a Merry Christmas and I wished him a Merry.... ummm... whatever it is they celebrate
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Suck it up!

I'd have to say that that is a pretty awesome called ID you've got.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

We get those calls at home and at work, althought that's the first time I've heard of it come up on caller ID as phone scam
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I'd have to say that that is a pretty awesome called ID you've got.
Just a junky old Panasonic

montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had one call me where they wanted to send me a free phone. No mention of the service provider, or why they wanted to send the phone. Completely out of the blue and random. I had them send it to 10697 g-e-t-f-*-*k-e-d ave(spelled it out for him) in moosejaw alberta. The funny part was that the only thing that confused him was the moosejaw alberta LOL. He finally caught on and hung up on me.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote