Notices

Thread: ****The official 2011 Christmas swag thread****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ****The official 2011 Christmas swag thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymin last View Post
Considering our financial situation, and all that's happened over the last year, I would be thrilled to get a nice big hug and a merry christmas kiss from the wife and each of my kids in the morning.
I could care less about the material stuff, it's mostly just garbage anyway, the most important thing is, our little family will all be together to share a good meal and a happy day.
Yesterday we stopped at the store so my daughter could pick up something for herself with the cash she got in a card from grandma, she walked over to the Salvation Army lady ringing the bell and had a few words, then turned to me and said let's go Dad, as I moved towards the store enterance she told me she had put her $20 bill in the donation pail, at first I was shocked, "but sweetie, that's all you had for your gift"! I said, she explained me there was someone who probably needed it more, so we got back in the car and headed home empty handed, but with a glow in our hearts.
That's awesome. You little girl understands the true meaning of Christmas.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Considering our financial situation, and all that's happened over the last year, I would be thrilled to get a nice big hug and a merry christmas kiss from the wife and each of my kids in the morning.
I could care less about the material stuff, it's mostly just garbage anyway, the most important thing is, our little family will all be together to share a good meal and a happy day.
Yesterday we stopped at the store so my daughter could pick up something for herself with the cash she got in a card from grandma, she walked over to the Salvation Army lady ringing the bell and had a few words, then turned to me and said let's go Dad, as I moved towards the store enterance she told me she had put her $20 bill in the donation pail, at first I was shocked, "but sweetie, that's all you had for your gift"! I said, she explained me there was someone who probably needed it more, so we got back in the car and headed home empty handed, but with a warm glow in our hearts.

Just wow. You, sir, are clearly doing an EXCELLENT job raising your kids. Congrats to you and the missus!

Kinda bummed this Christmas. I didn't have time off work to travel back to Baton Rouge so I'm staying in Austin alone this year. My family is likely getting me some gift certificates to go along with The Rodder Journal shirt that arrived in the mail yesterday.....which I won't open 'til the morning.

But I received a very nice surprise e-mail from MTHead telling me I won the Day #10 Christmas Giveaway and that certainly was unexpected and raised my spirits quite a bit.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
RCC Addict

My wife got me a new camera for taking to crawl comps & a $25 iTunes card

Name:  Sony Cyber-shot (2).jpg
Views: 507
Size:  27.6 KB Name:  Sony Cyber-shot.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  18.5 KB
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #24
Gettin’ back on the horse

I just opened a "In your Pocket Yoda talking device" from my girls mother. Its strange, but entertains me. Of course I got it taken away already for pushing the buttons nonstop.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #25
Trying to have Fun Again

My wife didn't buy me jack shit. She sucks shopping for me. Have to give her the links to what I want. So I would rather just buy it my self and save me the time making a list
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #26
Nobody

I got a set of kyosho velvet coated shocks from Rick at Supershafty.com and I bought myself a CE Turbodyno 45.

Awesome stuff, but no match for the gift of getting to watch my three little ones faces in the morning.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Prolly the best Christmas I've had since I was a kid! Got some clothes from the girlfriend. Got a power inverter,and a new set of license plates from my parents.Haha, my parents surprised the heck out of me on this one.Long story short,I bought back my high school truck about three years ago with out a title and a bonded title was my only option.Well since there kinda pricey I kept putting it off.When I first open this big a$$ present, I was like what the heck can it be! I open the big box to find a small box to find a set of plates wrapped.I knew it was plates by the way it felt.Open them up and was like sweet,a set of plates for my 95 tahoe that I just got.Then my dad said,did you see what they were for! Took me a minute to read the registration.Then I read 1984 chevy! Instant watery eyes and a big smile was all I could do! Might not seem like a big deal to some but I love this truck and this has lit a fire under my but to get it back up and going.Heres a pic of my truck as is.

Last edited by michael; 12-25-2011 at 12:48 AM.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Hakko 888

Axial drivers....

Flood mats and seat covers for the 4runner
bmangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Got a new power supply for my vaporize so far, ill add to the list when it comes.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

bought my self a new 360 couple of weeks ago too goof of a deal to pass got a snap-on leather man set and a nice jacket from my uncle and 200 bucks from other aunts and uncles and bought my self a rc sprint car couple days ago for 200 off but gotta wait till moring to see if i got anything else
crawlmaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:08 AM   #31
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Yesterday we stopped at the store so my daughter could pick up something for herself with the cash she got in a card from grandma, she walked over to the Salvation Army lady ringing the bell and had a few words, then turned to me and said let's go Dad, as I moved towards the store enterance she told me she had put her $20 bill in the donation pail, at first I was shocked, "but sweetie, that's all you had for your gift"! I said, she explained me there was someone who probably needed it more, so we got back in the car and headed home empty handed, but with a warm glow in our hearts.
wow... What a great kid
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

i have to agree with that you sir are raising your kid well
Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
wow... What a great kid
crawlmaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlmaster18 View Post
i have to agree with that you sir are raising your kid well
Times to sir. Outstanding!
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #34
RCC Addict

I got the wife a kindle fire and Joel Olsteens latest book.
I got an rc4wd trail stomper .

Its hardly as bad as this site describes it. There needs to be a stomper/finder section
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #35
Try to Bend it

I got an iPad 2 from the girlfriend. My first ever apple product.

She go a Jedi Dressing gown and a bunch of other stuff that she wanted.

Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
I got an iPad 2 from the girlfriend. My first ever apple product.

She go a Jedi Dressing gown and a bunch of other stuff that she wanted.

That is awesome! I've seen those and want one too, so I can be Obi Wan with my light saber app!
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
simply amazing..how old is your daughter?
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Gate Marker chalk...............
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

1. drill bit set
2. new screw driver set
3. 3 set of allen / star wrenches
4. new old school style (big) headphones
5. the look of my 2 yr old when she saw 31 gifts waiting for her

will be having another xmas in 2 days with more gifts for the kids
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Here's a happy, soon to be 7 year old. His first rifle, a Savage/Stevens 315 youth model. Single shot .22 bolt action. We have been shooting together for a while. I love that he already knows where to keep his trigger finger until he's ready to shoot.
SledRig is offline   Reply With Quote

****The official 2011 Christmas swag thread**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's see it!! Official swag thread... racerx Competitions 25 06-09-2010 07:23 PM
The official Christmas Swag thread '09. dezfan Chit Chat 137 12-28-2009 02:08 PM
Official SWAG thread! slobin3d Competitions 20 05-20-2009 12:14 AM
The Official Christmas Swag Thread! dezfan Chit Chat 74 12-26-2008 01:10 PM
The official Christmas Swag thread! dezfan Chit Chat 89 12-29-2006 07:15 AM