Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Tower Hobbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tower Hobbies

So I placed an order with Tower(Wraith kit) on Feb 25 and won't see it until March 7! Does this seem like a long wait to you guys?I payed thru paypal so that took an extra day for them to approve payment.The only reason I orderd thru Tower is because of the $50 off discount code.$50 bucks off and free shipping is great but why the long wait?I guess I need to be patient,not my best quality.
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tower Hobbies

1.5 weeks......it's a little long, but not excessive.

Give them a call, work their customer service....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If you used their free shipping it takes a while. I think the first 500 miles it goes by Donkey, then is gets transfered to a steam ship to go up river. Mine from Tower ($240 after coupons or $80 a month for 3 months, gotta loves me some easy pay) took about 3 days, but its only 300 miles. Tower really has become my go to hobby store for large purchases. The $50 off of $300 is great, and again I like the interest free loans when they sell you an item. For smaller parts I tend to use Amain, Nitrohouse, or rpp. I do like RPP, really fair and fast shipping, but their website is a little hard to navigate (Tower's is right there with them), and they can't match the selection of Amain.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

you must not have ever ordered anything from hobby king that wasn't in the us warehouse.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i just placed a $200 order from rpp on the first and it will only be one day later.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by foproy View Post
i just placed a $200 order from rpp on the first and it will only be one day later.
That's because when Corey drops off his packages at the post office, they are accompanied by a large bag of meth which is distributed among the employees. That is the only way that I can figure out how he gets them to do their job so quickly...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtoy View Post
So I placed an order with Tower (Wraith kit) on Feb 25 and won't see it until March 7! Does this seem like a long wait to you guys? I payed thru PayPal so that took an extra day for them to approve payment. The only reason I ordered thru Tower is because of the $50 off discount code,$50 bucks off and free shipping is great but why the long wait? I guess I need to be patient, not my best quality.
I also order from Tower Hobbies, usually use PP and select "cheap shipping". I normally get items in ~1 week (from time of order)....I'm in northern NJ, so similar shipping distance to you.

I have had times where its been longer (1.5-2 weeks from order), but that was usually a few extra days until it was shipped.....must have been a busy time for their warehouse.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I'll second what violator said. I have been ordering from Tower on large stuff again, because the $50 off makes them a little bit better deal than some of the other companies.

I still try to support the vendors here as much as I can though. Even if it means spending a couple more $$ on an item, it usually means MUCH better customer service.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
That's because when Corey drops off his packages at the post office, they are accompanied by a large bag of meth which is distributed among the employees. That is the only way that I can figure out how he gets them to do their job so quickly...
I thought he just gave them daily "servicing" to accomplish this....
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
I thought he just gave them daily "servicing" to accomplish this....
are you saying that's how he hurt his back? (Corey you did not die under the knife, so this is all fair game. also my order has already shipped)
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I FAWKING KNEW IT!!!!! If only the packages shipped with a small baggy so I could finish my builds faster...
Numbcrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

i just got a 100.00 dollar order from tower in 4 days with free shipping .........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I have ordered several times from Tower, free shipping does take a little longer. Every time I order from RPP I get it in 3 days, You can't beat RPP!!!
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

RPP rocks, but so does TCS and CKRC and Holmes, and well......all our vendors. I never order from Tower, I like to be able to call and talk to a "shop" and not an *customer service agent*. Maybe I'm "old school" but if I cant get it from my LHS or one of our RCC guys, I simply don't need it that bad.

I swear our vendors must bribe the post man sometimes, I don't know how parts get across the country so fast.
BladeMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I order from tower quite a bit. Usually bigger items though, their return service is almost unbeatable. I have never had an issue with a return from them. I also notice they tell you longer then it actually takes, I think to cover themselves. That easy pay is a easy way to slip purchases past the "woman" lol.
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

For some reason I want to say that Tower has 2 locations now, IL is closer to NJ but if the IL warehouse is out of stock it comes from their other warehouse in arizona?? i cant remember, so if it had to travel cross country on free shipping 1.5 weeks including a weekend. really aint bad.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMech View Post
I swear our vendors must bribe the post man sometimes, I don't know how parts get across the country so fast.
+1.

On more than occasion, I've ordered battery packs from CBP (in Oregon) Friday morning (east coast time), had them ship later Friday and be on my doorstep (NJ) the next Monday afternoon when I get home!
This is with basic shipping!!
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Yeah the parts are coming from the Reno,Nevada warehouse.
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #19
Hell's Gnome

#1 Bitching about free shipping, really?

#2 You want sh!ty shipping, buy something from RCWTF, er..., RC4WD, and pay for shipping. Every time I have a bad experience.
LumTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I used to order from Tower Hobbies, But since I got back into RC I have been supporting my LHS's But one of my LHS's is RC Planet so I have no need to order from Tower anymore
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tower Hobbies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tower hobbies again rockmahala Chit Chat 6 11-29-2009 06:26 PM
tower hobbies chino63 Chit Chat 28 10-17-2006 12:19 PM
Tower Hobbies plyr2k Chit Chat 16 06-09-2006 11:01 PM