Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Damn neighbors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Damn neighbors

Ok, so I got this Savage in a couple weeks ago. I've played with it maybe 3 times total. Keep in mind, the last time I really played with nitro vehicles at all was 5 years ago.

Tonight I go out to the arroyo (ditch for those not in the know) near my house to play with it. I know the deep arroyo will keep the sounds quiet and it does exactly that. As I'm walking over there running my truck, I hear this b1tch start yelling "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, ARE YOU A FAWKIN KID? THAT TREE SHOULD HAVE FALLEN ON YOUR DAMN CAR". At first I just heard yelling. I figure maybe she's drunk and fighting with her husband or beating her kids or something. Not really any of my business. I realize what she says after I walked past and thought about it for a second.

I ignore her. Screw that, someone who has never once in her life spoken to me starts YELLING at me like a god damned petulant child (this woman is easily in her 40s, probably mid to late 40s)? A simple "Excuse me, can you not run that this late, they are a bit loud" and I would have stopped, shut off the engine and told her no problem. I normally don't run my truck past 8:30, which is usually what I do anyway, tonight was an exception, I felt like running 1/2 a tank through the engine. That half tank lasted from 8:25 to 8:38. I know because I'm still trying to figure out how long these tanks go so I time it.

So I run my half tank through, no biggie, she can go eat crap.

On my way back, I have the engine off and am walking it back. She again starts yelling at me "WHAT THE HELL, ARE YOU RETARTED? MY 8 YEAR OLD SON PLAYS WITH THOSE TOYS, WHAT ARE YOU A KID? YOU'RE A GROWN MAN YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING WITH TOYS" and more of the same from before. She repeats herself many times. The whole time I'm laughing at her.

I told her I don't respond to idiots who decide it is ok to just start screaming at stranger. In polite society, we speak to another adult like an adult and not a petulant child. I could care less about you or your child because you aren't speaking to me like an adult. Someone with some manners would have asked if I could stop rather than yelling.

Her response: "WHAT?!?!?"

I told her: I'm sorry, are you deaf? Do you need me to sign out what I said to you? I can write it in braille too just to make sure you get it.

She's fuming at this point. I just walk away. Before I leave, I mention "By the way, this is fair warning. I hear your music loud again and there will be action taken." They usually play their music pretty loud. I'm a good neighbor and it doesn't tend to keep me up so I don't really care about it. She threw the gauntlet down and now she's going to have to deal with the consequences.

Meanwhile with all this going on, there is another of my neighbors standing there at the end walking her dog. She asks me what that was all about. I told her. She says "Good, you call the cops on those assholes. They always play that damn music loud. I was listening to where you were playing with your truck and it was obvious that you were being quiet down in the arroyo. It wasn't really very loud at all." I didn't even ask this woman and she came out and offered that up.

Besides, I'm on public property before 9PM.Ok, I'm done complaining. So much for me taking out my trucks in a public area and messing around. Next time (if she does) complain about it. I'm telling her to call the cops. I know where, when and how loud I'm running it is well within city noise ordinances. Further, I don't ever run those nitro trucks that late, usually I have my electrics out to be a good neighbor. It isn't my fault she decided to buy a house right next to a big piece of public property.

In short, she can go screw herself.

Last edited by Cloak; 07-12-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Short version for all the kids that won't take the time to read...

"My neighbor is a bitch!"

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

fawk that b!itch let me put my exause pipe in here mail slot and reve my motor and let the whole house smell like nitro. fawk that b!tch i have never seen here.
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have never heard that term for a ditch before.

Oh ya cops like r/c they are fasinated that a toy cra goes that fast. They also hate loud music. Those punk kids better turn that sh*t down.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

I had something similar happen to me! I was breaking in my new collari in my supermaxx, during the day, and a neighbor came up screaming, wanting to fight, i will not even repeat what he said, anyways i ignored him and walked up the street. He ran up and full bore kicked my supermaxx across the street! I just drove off, later i heard from another neighbor... HE BROKE HIS FOOT!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

^^ Serves the piece of sh1t right too. I'd love her to try and kick my aluminum t-maxx. I'm sure she'd try to sue me somehow claiming I tried to run her over. That being the case, I'm never leaving the house with a nitro truck w/o my video camera again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy
Short version for all the kids that won't take the time to read...

"My neighbor is a bitch!"

Around the parts of the internet I hang out at, we call that tl;dr (too long; didn't read).

I even thought about putting that up there too.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ROFL, he broke his foot. Classic.....

Cloak, glad ya like the savage and I'm also glad to hear it is pissing people of in other states now, lol.

P.S. I'm the one who sold it to ya over on BYT. lol
kerosinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosinek
ROFL, he broke his foot. Classic.....

Cloak, glad ya like the savage and I'm also glad to hear it is pissing people of in other states now, lol.

P.S. I'm the one who sold it to ya over on BYT. lol
Hahah, sweet. Thanks for selling it to me. I didn't have any enemies in this neighborhood. What good is living somewhere for 10 years if you don't have people you hate near by?

BTW, I put one of those plastic baffles on there to help quiet it down. As loud as that thing is, I'm taking it off and doing WOT runs near her house around 10AM on Saturday.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #9
RCC Addict

What's this tree she was yelling about?

Sounds like you handled it well. The best course of action in those kind of situations is to be polite and calm, even when you can barely stand it. That way, she'll have no recourse if the Cops get involved.

I have never heard the term "arroyo" in reference to a ditch either. From the sounds of it, it is more like what we call a gulley here - kinda like a very large ditch
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

if you live in new mexico you will here it alot over here that what they call our flood ditches.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
What's this tree she was yelling about?

Sounds like you handled it well. The best course of action in those kind of situations is to be polite and calm, even when you can barely stand it. That way, she'll have no recourse if the Cops get involved.

I have never heard the term "arroyo" in reference to a ditch either. From the sounds of it, it is more like what we call a gulley here - kinda like a very large ditch
This tree. And yes, a ditch or an irrigation channel is called an arroyo, spanish word. I grew up knowing them as that so I always call them that. Most of our signs that identify them here in NM do so thusly.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Here's the real story:

Pete just polished off a 12 pack of Natty Ice in his parents basement, and decided it would be a swell idea to run his nitro RC in a community full of retirees and senior citizens at 7:30pm.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

one time i was running my hpi rs4 2 with a os.18 and a two speed and it was hooking up and going to, my neighbor called the cops cause i was "disturbin her" and the cops came and were so interested in my car that they were clockin the speed and they even drove it to, needless to say my neighbor was not happy at all and then she complained on the officers and and the officers came back and let me know what was going on and told me just to stay 100 feet from her property. and i still run my car with no problems.
rockschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i hate the neighbors. they called the cops on me for riding my minibike on the street. people just can't mind there own buisness. i'm thinking of calling the cops on his wife who rides her electric powerchair on the streets because she's handicapped. i've never had rc complaints though
skidooguymxz550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
polished off a 12 pack of Natty Ice
My kinda guy.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
Here's the real story:

Pete just polished off a 12 pack of Natty Ice in his parents basement, and decided it would be a swell idea to run his nitro RC in a community full of retirees and senior citizens at 7:30pm.
Don't forget DJ, I was beating her infirmed cat with a stick and lighting fireworks under her walker.

BTW, way to insult me by saying I would drink anything you can actually see through besides water. One of these days I'm going to get some of my father-in-laws homebrew he makes that clocks right around 8-9% ABV for ya. ;)
Old 07-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

and also drifting with you jeep librity right there in the calvsack.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I think the Police would much rather have people running RC cars and trucks than sitting around doing other crap.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT-666
I had something similar happen to me! I was breaking in my new collari in my supermaxx, during the day, and a neighbor came up screaming, wanting to fight, i will not even repeat what he said, anyways i ignored him and walked up the street. He ran up and full bore kicked my supermaxx across the street! I just drove off, later i heard from another neighbor... HE BROKE HIS FOOT!!
I had the same thing happen with my first maxx, all aluminum for the hell of it. I was giving a demonstration at the highschool and on of masters of castodial arts got mad because we were driving it on the football field he tryed to run it over with tractor. I just drove around him making him look stupid, then we went back inside after a good laugh., the sad part is he tore up the field more then i did.
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

had sorta the same thing happen twice to me, but neither involved an RC car of sorts. So my brother (21) is board and decides to clean his chain saw and make sure it works (we used to live in washington so you need to cut stuff, then we moved to nevada and theres nothing to cut) so hes out in the drive way, starts it up, blippin the throttle an what not gettin every moving good. then our neighbor comes tearing out and starts yelling at him about how its dangerous and loud and its scaring her kids who are ACROSS the street in their own house. So my brother polietly tells her, that he will do what ever he wants in his own yard, and to go mind her own buisness. the next time, we were out side at about 10:30 ish on our patio talking, and our neighbor right next to us comes out. this 12 year old kid starts telling us off for HIS dog waking up and starts barking cause he hears something. so once again, my brother tells hm where to stick it an what not. having neighbors is stupid. i enjoyed my privacy with an acrea of heavy woods all around
Bknight is offline   Reply With Quote