Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Questions for Gun Control Advocates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Questions for Gun Control Advocates

Every time there is a shooting you come out of the woodwork to cry that if guns were illegal, then there would be no more shootings. I am thinking we should just make shooting people illegal, and eliminate one step.

But I digress:

Now that the facts are coming out about San Bernardino, and it appears it was radical Muslims who did it, do you support ridding the country of Muslims?

Because your thoughts are if we make it illegal for law abiding citizens to own a gun, then the criminals will stop shooting people.

So by your logic, we should get rid of Muslims. Even though you say not all of them are bad, if we use the gun control myth, by ridding ourselves of Muslims, then we eliminate terrorist activities here.

Discuss:
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Questions for Gun Control Advocates

This should be a good read.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

President Trump will take care of all this soon.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Nothing to discuss Violator. Spot on.
None of my weapons have killed anything or anyone.
And I'm not Muslim.

Not all Muslims are bad. Well, an inanimate object is neither good nor bad. It's a tool. A bad craftsman blames his tools... Whole 'nother subject...
Less Muslims=Less gun violence? Meh. Not sure. Whole lotta black on black murder going on in the ghettos.

But yes, you are correct. Criminals DGAF about laws. They will get guns and do what they do.
lead lobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead lobber View Post
But yes, you are correct. Criminals DGAF about laws. They will get guns and do what they do.
This...
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

You do realize that white Christian people can be and have been terrorists as well, right?
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
You do realize that white Christian people can be and have been terrorists as well, right?
This is such a wore out argument. White christians should be armed against white christians just like ghetto street folk are armed against ghetto street folk. We know the muslims are armed against the muslims. Point is gun control has nothing to do with race.

Gun control is about the misguided mindset of people that know nothing of guns or violence. Know nothings.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Every time there is a shooting you come out of the woodwork to cry that if guns were illegal, then there would be no more shootings. I am thinking we should just make shooting people illegal, and eliminate one step.

But I digress:

Now that the facts are coming out about San Bernardino, and it appears it was radical Muslims who did it, do you support ridding the country of Muslims?

Because your thoughts are if we make it illegal for law abiding citizens to own a gun, then the criminals will stop shooting people.

So by your logic, we should get rid of Muslims. Even though you say not all of them are bad, if we use the gun control myth, by ridding ourselves of Muslims, then we eliminate terrorist activities here.

Discuss:
Maybe you can explain your logic better. Is your argument that all acts of terrorism are perpetrated by Muslims?

Less than ten percent of domestic terrorist attacks over the last 30 years were perpetrated by Muslims (the most recent data from the FBI claims 13% for individuals with any religious affiliation which includes extreme christian groups, extremist Jews, cults, ect.), and other organizations have claimed less than 5% with some stating less than 1%.

The data says you're much more likely to be killed by an extreme right or left wing organization.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
Maybe you can explain your logic better. Is your argument that all acts of terrorism are perpetrated by Muslims?

Less than ten percent of domestic terrorist attacks over the last 30 years were perpetrated by Muslims (the most recent data from the FBI claims 13% for individuals with any religious affiliation which includes extreme christian groups, extremist Jews, cults, ect.), and other organizations have claimed less than 5% with some stating less than 1%.

The data says you're much more likely to be killed by an extreme right or left wing organization.
Your data is old. If you think SB is an anomaly then your head is in the sand. In 3 months this post will be laughable. What do you think 80% of FBI resources are devoted to nowadays?
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:

And less than .00000000000001% of guns commit mass shootings. Yet the liberals want all guns removed.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
Your data is old. If you think SB is an anomaly then your head is in the sand. In 3 months this post will be laughable. What do you think 80% of FBI resources are devoted to nowadays?
Unless you work for the FBI you don't have anything better / newer and you're just going off whatever version of reality you've justified for yourself.

Tell you what - you go digging around and get me a listing off terrorist attacks over the last year. If you can show me that 80% were committed by Muslims you win.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
And less than .00000000000001% of guns commit mass shootings. Yet the liberals want all guns removed.
Yet every mass shooting involves a gun. Hm...

For the record, I don't think banning guns is the right answer. I do wonder though, do you think we have a problem with mass shootings in the country? What do you think is the cause?
Old 12-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #13
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Yet every mass shooting involves a gun. Hm...

For the record, I don't think banning guns is the right answer. I do wonder though, do you think we have a problem with mass shootings in the country? What do you think is the cause?
We definitely can not ban guns. We need guns to protect ourselves from people with guns... wait a second here...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
No, no. Guns should not be removed; why go to such extremes? (Oh, I know why: fear-mongering.)The extreme availibility of guns is what should be limited. I will go as far to say that there doesn't even need to be regulation on "assault" weapons for all I care, though if you own a gun, you should be able to use a pistol well enough to defend yourself...
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I disagree too ( if you will allow me as a outsider )

I come from a place with " full gun control" meaning only police and armed forces are supposed to have weapons.
Okay we have some hunters and recreational shooters too, and those often loose ther weapons when ther homes is broken into.
Same was the case in the older days when our national guard was allowed to have ther assault rifle and ammo at home, and it was allso one of those guns ( stolen ) that dumbass used to shoot up a meeting in Copenhagen last year ( terror they say, BS i say, it was a muslim and he was angry but it was not a terror attack )

But even here that have failed too as weekly shootings on the streets between gangs proof.

So if you as a Dane encounter some criminal pull a gun on you, well then you can go for your cellphone and call the cops.
And i do think if you call them and say some one have a gun in your face they will come, but in other regards of the law beeing broken i have no good experience with calling the police.
And besides if your only defence against a gun or knife is your damm phone, at least have a phablet so you have a little more to hide behind.

I would prefer to be able to defend myself, and i will do that by any means i feel is morally okay.
But i am far from like the majorety of Danes, most dont even know or refuse to admit what ther country have become.

Okay we are not at American levels yet in regard to weapon proliferation, but we are slowly moving in that direction for some population groups thanks not least to the way EU have ther borders ( wide open )

Last edited by Peaker; 12-03-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I got one word:

Chicago

The end.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
LamChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #17
Scale Detail Engineering

Chicago is a great example of gun control working.

Yes, we have gang bangers with guns shooting other gang bangers with guns but that's about it... and the occasional unintended target getting gunned down.

What we do not have is: children accidentally shooting themselves, children accidentally shooting others, assholes with roadrage shooting people, drunkards shooting people, violent husbands shooting their wives, stupid neighbors shooting eachother, dumb asses with accidental discharge... you know, all the crap the rest of the country has.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

California has the most stringent gun control laws in the United States.

They did nothing to stop evil men from committing evil acts.

But they did leave law abiding people defenseless.

Why you ask?

Because criminals don't follow laws.

Mind blowing right?

Chicago proves this point on a weekly basis, not that you would ever hear this from the media.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post

Yes, we have gang bangers with guns shooting other gang bangers with guns but that's about it... and the occasional unintended target getting gunned down.

What we do not have is: children accidentally shooting themselves, children accidentally shooting others, assholes with roadrage shooting people, drunkards shooting people, violent husbands shooting their wives, stupid neighbors shooting eachother, dumb asses with accidental discharge... you know, all the crap the rest of the country has.

Wow, talk about living in a vacuum.

Chicago 2015 to date:

Number 2 in the Nation behind only gun control la'la' LA.

Over 400 people shot and killed just this year.
Over 2350 people shot and wounded this year.
Over 460 Homicides this year.

Other than that, Chicago is a great example of gun control.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post

So what you are saying is you hate black people, and it is OK for them to kill each other as long as white people in thew suburbs are OK.

So in your mind nearly 2800 shooting victims this year is working. I would hate to see not working in your mind.

I suppose what they say is true. Liberalism is a metal disorder.

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings

Last edited by The Violator; 12-03-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Questions for Gun Control Advocates - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gun control Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 12 07-02-2013 12:30 PM
Gun Control speech Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 7 03-14-2013 03:11 PM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM