Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: CKRC Shipping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CKRC Shipping

So I've seen a lot of good and bad reviews about CKRC, more bad than good, But I took a chance and ordered the battery forward plate the the CKRC Shock Lowering Kit, regardless of their bad rep I hear its one of the best. So my stuff was suppose to be here Friday, Monday is here still no parts. Is this ho it start? Did I just get F'ed in the A? What are your guys experiences with them?
GravelDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: CKRC Shipping

Did they give you a tracking #? Who do they use to deliver? I just got some parts from RPP and they were damn quick from USPS. That surprised me.
snicklefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Yea I've ran into that more then once with them. In fact I have had to email them more then 3 times before they ended up giving my money back. Once I waited 2 weeks for a servo plate for my LCC and they didn't send me hardware. I emailed them again. After a few more weeks I get the hardware and it was all the wrong stuff. In the end I ended up at my LHS buying my own hardware. Needless to say I didn't give them any repeat business after all that.

I don't know how they keep their doors open because this is something they do often.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

It's a day overdue and you're getting jumpy?
USPS (or whoever you had it shipped by) isn't always ontime either. Give it a day or two before calling the cops.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I must be lucky, I have placed a couple orders with them and never had a problem.
rangair94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I use RPP for almost everything, their shipping speed is freakish. Them and Vanqush, both awesome companies with outstanding customer service, too a chance with CKRC and I may have kinda shot myself in the foot. It says it was shipped with USPS but the tracking info doesn't work so I have no idea where it is. How hard is it to get something from Cali (think thats where they are) to Texas? RPP can do it in three sometimes two days.
GravelDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

If they have shipped it out and USPS received it (according to your tracking number) it is out of CKRC's hands and into USPS. So it all depends on how fast or slow USPS can get it to your door.
I once ordered from both RPP and CKRC at the same time and they both were delivered to me together.
Shouldn't be anything to worry about.
sixhundred71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I ordered last Thursday and my part showed up Saturday.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

I've ordered a couple of decent sized orders from ckrc and haven't had a problem, but I'm in CA which is like one state over.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
It's a day overdue and you're getting jumpy?
USPS (or whoever you had it shipped by) isn't always ontime either. Give it a day or two before calling the cops.
Its 2 days bud.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I have ordered from them a few times, second to last time they sent the order to my old address. i moved last oct, from VA. to IN. and when i got here I bought a wraith and started to order stuff from them. 3 or so orders into the build and my stuff doesn't show, I get an email w a delivery con# and its to my VA. address 1000 miles away. I emailed them about it, they said not our bad. I had to file a dispute w paypal to get my $$ back. After this happened I got an email from ckrc saying they closed my account, so I just re opened another and made a reorder for what I never got in. OOOHH well, their spline drive and lowering kit works great.
savagebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I've only placed one order with them and I gotta' say...I won't do it again. Ordered my RTR Wraith with some upgrades, etc. and it took them 3 days to even ship the damn thing out! Not 3 days to get to me.....3 days for them to even send it. Finally got my stuff and pulled the stock servo out, replacing it with their "upgrade" servo....and killed it within the first 10 minutes of use. Called them and told them about it and they wanted me to ship it back before they'd send a new one out. I understand why they'd want the faulty one back first, but good customer service, especially on a brand new product, would've dictated they send out a replacement part immediately and send me a shipping label for the faulty one. I bought a Trekker while my Wraith was en route and the ESC/RX combo went out on me the 2nd day. Called Losi and they sent one out right then, no questions asked, and didnt even ask for the faulty one back.

So good companies that want to please their customers are definitely out there. CKRC only cares about teh money their customers spend with them. The customers themselves apparently can piss off.

And no, I didn't send the crappy "upgrade" servo back to them. I used the stock Axial one until a couple weeks later when I bought a Hitec HS5995TG.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro-Tank View Post
Its 2 days bud.
Well, technically, it's one since no mail on Sundays. Either way, a few days isn't anything to worry about, I'd say. I never get things on the day it's supposed to get to me. Maybe it's me...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I ordered a Heyok winch controller last week. Took two days and it was at my door. No complaints here!
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Fan of wheelspeed

Ive dealt with CKRC a few times. The only bad experience I've had was that they oversold some shrink wrap tubes and had to refund my money on them. But even then I got the notification within a day or so of ordering them. I bought the new Gmade scale reservoir shocks on Friday afternoon, shipping from them to me (indiana) and tracking shows its out for delivery today. They're OK in my book. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE RPP AND TGN, but CKRC is alright.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I've done three orders with CKRC since April this year. The first order they ran out of stock on one item, but at least they called me and asked if I wanted a full refund, or split the orders. Other two orders were shipped on time as expected. I think they had some problems a while back, but I feel that at least they are aware of their past and they're trying to fix it by improving their shipping and communication.

Relatively speaking, i would say they are 'good', and RPP is 'great'. As much as I'd like to buy everything from RPP, a) sometimes RPP doesn't stock what I'm looking for, or b) sometimes it's cheaper at CKRC, or c) sometimes it's the same price but CKRC is out of state so no sales tax.

I'm probably like others where I have 4-5 online stores I check for prices, and I keep CKRC on that list. Now, regarding CKRC branded items... you just have to figure out the risk/quality of that item. I don't think I would do an 'upgraded servo' with them... but I would (and have) purchased Hitec HS-7950TH from them. I know the quality of the hitec servo. I've also purchased CKRC alu servo horn. It wasn't expensive, and not a lot you can wrong with milling a horn.

So, I say, give 'em a fair shake: they've made some missteps in the past and it looks like they've worked out kinks. My 3 orders have been since April this year and I'm happy with them. If you're more concerned about the shipping time then stick with RPP if they stock your items. I swear RPP starts throwing stuff in a box for me the second I get a wild idea about something I wanna buy. They are freaky-fast with shipping.
agent00111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #17

Well here is MY experience...after spending thousands of dollars with A Main and Losi Parts House...without any customer service issues. I spend $17.00 plus shipping...for some LCC parts from CKRC. 18 days later STILL no parts! Had communication with 3 people in the company...no one wants to make the "customer" happy. No new parts being sent...no $$ back...what kind of business are they running? Have you ever heard the customer is right and make the customer happy? I run a 3 million dollar year business with little to no customer service issues where the "customer" turns into a "retail terrorist..." Unhappy with CKRC...they are clueless on customer service is...I will write off the $24. and change, to a bad experience from a company that is run by inexperienced indiviuals. Sad but...true! Signed, a new CKRC Retail Terrorist...aka Doc
killdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Well, by chance I just rolled out a new CKRC order of some VP parts for my new XR10 build today... I'll let you know if I have to eat my words!
agent00111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
www.ottsix.com

I've placed 9 orders with them...perfect so far
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
www.ottsix.com

Did it get lost in the mail, or did they never send it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killdrums View Post
Well here is MY experience...after spending thousands of dollars with A Main and Losi Parts House...without any customer service issues. I spend $17.00 plus shipping...for some LCC parts from CKRC. 18 days later STILL no parts! Had communication with 3 people in the company...no one wants to make the "customer" happy. No new parts being sent...no $$ back...what kind of business are they running? Have you ever heard the customer is right and make the customer happy? I run a 3 million dollar year business with little to no customer service issues where the "customer" turns into a "retail terrorist..." Unhappy with CKRC...they are clueless on customer service is...I will write off the $24. and change, to a bad experience from a company that is run by inexperienced indiviuals. Sad but...true! Signed, a new CKRC Retail Terrorist...aka Doc
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote

CKRC Shipping - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shipping question regarding CKRC mrmagoo Chit Chat 5 11-30-2011 05:55 PM