Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Billy Lane's Hubless Bike In Flames! No!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Billy Lane's Hubless Bike In Flames! No!!!

Check out this link. It's crazy, and he doesnt even really care (hence the sticker remover can) LOL http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/bike/video/billy.html
john alardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

wooooooooow good thing metal only warps not burn! haha
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Everyone seems cool,100k bike burning? I'd be crying.Hell yeah I want a refund....here's my bill of sale.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Dude thats nuts , I will give him kudus for acting liek its cool. Why not just just put the flames out with a blanket? Smother it .... Maybe
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

He must read RCCA.

"Kevin's me heroooo!!!"
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

You gotta remember,money is not really an object to him,OCC,Jessie James or any other guy with there own shows and crap. They probly made more off that show than the bike was worth anyway. Think about it.....Thousands upon thousands from paid advertisers for airtime during the commercials,the airtime is,I believe,paid by the minute or how many times it's played. We all know how those 30 minute shows have 16 minutes of commercials and an hour show will have 35 minutes of commercials

They also probly made millions off of dorky kids sitten at home watching the show. They see that and think....he's crazy....he's a coolguy.....I'm gonna go buy his T-shirts and 25 stickers for my Mazda Miata
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:01 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I've met Billy Lane in person, and let me tell you - he's a cool guy. I really dig his build style, and he's really down-to-Earth. He's not too "Hollywood" to take some time and talk with you like a normal person.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:29 AM   #8
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
I've met Billy Lane in person, and let me tell you - he's a cool guy. I really dig his build style, and he's really down-to-Earth. He's not too "Hollywood" to take some time and talk with you like a normal person.
I concur. He's a genuinely cool dude. I've met several of the big name bike builders, Billy Lane seems least affected by the recent "biker show" superstardom.

I was really dissappointed with the OCC crew and Jesse James..... they've let their popularity go to their head.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
x3. I've talked with Billy a few times. One of the collest guys you could hope to meet. Same was true for the late Indian Larry :-(

Now some of the other bulders

That bike is easily rebuildable. Did you see Paul Cox grab his seat?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I wasnt sure if that was him , good call . he seats go for 200 - 400 bucks.

My father bought a WCC about 4-5 years agao , and when you go to pick it up Jesse comes out and talks to you and really makes sure you like the bike. Not that he would take it back if you didnt but he will "tweak it " if you want. IN person he is also a cool guy , again I guess its cause my pop bought one of his bikes but he really was very interested in how he liked it.

Indian Larry was a a bike show at he Javits center among trotter and others (there names escape me right now) And then you had the clowns of OCC . NOONE I mean NOONE was charging to get autographs or pics or even pics of the bikes on display . BUt OCC was they are the true APITAMY of acting hollywood . Lets be hones who ever heard of OCC until that sure came out . I Kmow my father is very into bikes and riding cross crountry and he never heard of them . I admit I watched the show up untill the Comanchee bike then they all just got hollywood expcept that guy Vinnie and Mikey and Rick.

Sorry for this "rant" but those OCC people really chap my *** when it comes to doing shows.
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

epitome
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I live about 15 minutes from Ron Simms and Arlen Ness and they are both are great guys...some of the other guys out there that build nice bikes are complete assholes.....
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
CSR
RCC Addict

How many riders do we have here?

'06 FXDBI "Street Bob", fuel injected 88, 6 speed, piped and programmed.

My Dad's '04 Electraglide Classic, piped and programmed, almost 70,000 miles on this one.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Nice Bikes, especially the bobber. Where or how did you guys meet Billy? I went down to his shop while on vacation, and the other guys were complete rascist jerks! They said that he was filming, which was true, but they really made me feel uncomfortable w/ all their "My $*** dont stink, but yours does stares" I still think Billy is the man, and I still dig his bikes. But, I would be freaking out if that were my bike, regardless of the $$$$ it cost. I mean, all that hard work, the painting (outsourced), and so on!!! Still, I guess I could take it off his hands for free!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #15
CSR
RCC Addict

I met Billy at Daytona Bike Week a few years ago.

That's also where I met the OCC pricks, last year. People were standing in line for autographs.... Paul Sr. was refusing to sign anything that wasn't bought at their booth, raising hell about non-authentic OCC merchandise being sold at the event.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
Paul Sr. was refusing to sign anything that wasn't bought at their booth, raising hell about non-authentic OCC merchandise being sold at the event.
Can you blame him? I 'd be pissed if people were buying knock-offs of my chassis and trying to pass them as mine.

Quote:
I really dig his build style, and he's really down-to-Earth.
Yeah,he build bikes like I build crawlers:by any means nessesarry,no patterns,nothing is the same,and whatever parts he can find.Very cool guy!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #17
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405
Can you blame him? I 'd be pissed if people were buying knock-offs of my chassis and trying to pass them as mine.

The t-shirts people had were the licensed OCC stuff like you buy at your local department store, but they were different from the shirts that OCC was selling at their booth at jacked-up prices. Paul Sr was being the loud, obnoxious dick that they make him out to be on TV. Not sure if it was an act or not. Then he started going off about people standing too close to the fence that was around their bikes, when people weren't anywhere close to the fence, saying they "couldn't afford to fix one of those bikes" if the fence got knocked over onto on of them. My dad and I were going to stick around to meet them but decided to move on after that...... you can meet a dickhead any day without having to wait in line to do so.

BTW, when we talked to Billy, he didn't have a fence around his bikes..... even offered to let our friend take one of his bikes for a spin when he acted interested in it.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
I concur. He's a genuinely cool dude. I've met several of the big name bike builders, Billy Lane seems least affected by the recent "biker show" superstardom.

I was really dissappointed with the OCC crew and Jesse James..... they've let their popularity go to their head.
occ yes but not jesse james:-(
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, most of the occ crew is hollywood, and use pretty much the same stuff for every-bike-but-with-a-new-paint-job kind-of project. Jesse has got a cool build style, seems very down-2earth, and is appar. very nice. Ive heard him referred to as a philanthropist on more than 1 occasion. Wow, getting to ride a C.I. bike. I thought I was lucky when I snuck in a touch on Moneyshots fork legs in the shop. BTW, new BBO's (biker build off) air Mon.'s at 9
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by john alardin
Yeah, most of the occ crew is hollywood, and use pretty much the same stuff for every-bike-but-with-a-new-paint-job kind-of project.
Yeah I like Jr's saying for every freakin build "This is going to be one of the most difficult builds yet."