~THE SCALE SHOP~

Talking Pass Time lol: yes im actually posting a Ford

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pass Time lol: yes im actually posting a Ford

LOL! Love me some sleepers...

So the guy lied about it being a stock motor with a bunch of miles on it? Clearly it's far from it as a stock 302 block would shatter under that much power. I thought the owners were supposed to answer honestly? I guess there's a reason I stopped watching that show.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
dkf
Rock Crawler

Well the block probably has over 150k on it. He just failed to mention the thousands he put into it in parts and at the machine shop.

A $700 car with a $8k motor. Must be a Chevy guy at heart.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

if it was a chevy guy at heart he would have a chevy motor in it or have a chevy then a Found On Road Dead car .......bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

I love Pass Time. It's one of the few shows I really miss not having cable TV anymore.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thats what i was gonna say. the block could have the mileage on it.
but i doubt the dry shot more than anything.
you can plainly see two silonoids. trying to make out if there are fuel lines going to the carb plate. just cant tell. there are 4 fuel valves? though.
i assuem the two edelbrock silinoids coming from the Y are fuel pressure safety switches, my dry kit has those.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

DAMN!! I was gona say 11.15. I love foxbodys. Not to big a fan of the hatchback but a 93 notchback is sinister. It obviously wasnt stock. They showed the motor. Maybe a stock block but e had aftermarket heads, intake , carb and I think I saw some long tube headers. All that put onto a 302 makes for some good power. As the video showed. He's got trick&flow heads. So he probly also has a trick&flow intake.

Last edited by 93 FORD BRONCO; 08-30-2012 at 11:18 AM.
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I doubt it's even a stock block. They often start cracking at just 400 hp and everyone I've known that's run 500+ has had to go to an R block (if staying 302-based)....or a 351.

So I guess I don't understand the premise of the show. I'd seen it before, but I thought the drivers had to answer honestly when they were asked about mods to their cars? Clearly, that motor didn't have a stock piece left in it to run high 8s.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
~THE SCALE SHOP~

stock oil pan bolts.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I doubt it's even a stock block. They often start cracking at just 400 hp and everyone I've known that's run 500+ has had to go to an R block (if staying 302-based)....or a 351.

So I guess I don't understand the premise of the show. I'd seen it before, but I thought the drivers had to answer honestly when they were asked about mods to their cars? Clearly, that motor didn't have a stock piece left in it to run high 8s.
I think they are supposed to tell the truth but he was probly jus bein a dick and didn't want to share all his mods. 90% of the time they are truthful. Or maybe he just bought the car and he didn't know shit about it.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
stock oil pan bolts.
Yeah... Maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
I think they are supposed to tell the truth but he was probly jus bein a dick and didn't want to share all his mods. 90% of the time they are truthful. Or maybe he just bought the car and he didn't know shit about it.
I guess that's what I was curious about. It's not like the guy had anything to gain by lying other than just really skewing his ET predictions. If that's the case, yes, it was just a jerk move on his part.

That being said, I definitely would be interested in learning his setup....motor and suspension. That thing left awfully straight....especially for a small tire car.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah... Maybe!

I guess that's what I was curious about. It's not like the guy had anything to gain by lying other than just really skewing his ET predictions. If that's the case, yes, it was just a jerk move on his part.

That being said, I definitely would be interested in learning his setup....motor and suspension. That thing left awfully straight....especially for a small tire car.
Well I can almost garauntee he still has the stock rear axle. Probly UPR springs and what not. There's really no way of telling. That's what I would use though.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Saw that episode a while back when it aired. I think guy was just being a jerk, although I probably wouldve done the same thing if I had a car like that.

Definately nothing stock about it, but it moves out great for a sleeper.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I can almost garauntee he still has the stock rear axle. Probly UPR springs and what not. There's really no way of telling. That's what I would use though.
What are you basing that conclusion on? I'd wager the rear suspension is as worked over as the motor....i.e. not a stock component (or even stock configuration) anywhere to be found. I bet that stupid ass semi-triangulated 4 link is loooooong gone.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What are you basing that conclusion on? I'd wager the rear suspension is as worked over as the motor....i.e. not a stock component (or even stock configuration) anywhere to be found. I bet that stupid ass semi-triangulated 4 link is loooooong gone.
It's rare that you ever find that year mustang with a swapped rear axle. Swapped gears yes but there's no reason to change the axle itself. I can almost guarantee the whole suspension is aftermarket. You can tell he changed the springs just by how low its stance was. I only say UPR parts cause that's what most mustang owners use. Like I said there's no way of knowing for sure but it definatly has an aftermarket suspension its likely he changed every little bit of the original suspension out for a complete new setup. Although You would be suprised how well these style mustangs launch even without that much suspension tuning.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I'll just say that I don't think you're basing your conclusion on enough actual data and leave it at that.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

all i know is that thing had some kinda light air in those front tires or something.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Car has ran a 7.88. It was on 2 of 3 stages on that Pastime run. I've been around Randy a bit at Huntsville dragway. He runs a lot of money/grudge races. Car is based on stock style suspension with aftermarket arms. The rear is a 9" not the factory unit. 4.30 gear IIRC. Probably 20k in the motor/NOS package.

Last edited by TEDROCKZ; 08-30-2012 at 04:43 PM.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'll just say that I don't think you're basing your conclusion on enough actual data and leave it at that.
There you go. So he did change the rear axle. Ford 9 inch and he changed the gears like I said. And apparently a somewhat stock rear suspension. Like I said. These cars don't need much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Car has ran a 7.88. It was on 2 of 3 stages on that Pastime run. I've been around Randy a bit at Huntsville dragway. He runs a lot of money/grudge races. Car is based on stock style suspension with aftermarket arms. The rear is a 9" not the factory unit. 4.30 gear IIRC. Probably 20k in the motor/NOS package.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There you go. So he did change the rear axle. Ford 9 inch and he changed the gears like I said. And apparently a somewhat stock rear suspension. Like I said. These cars don't need much.
Yep. Good guess.

Pass Time lol: yes im actually posting a Ford - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long time lurker, first time posting Nvghostrider Axial SCX-10 51 07-02-2013 03:40 PM
Video to pass the time... Alpha Male 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 02-03-2010 06:33 AM
dumb newbie question LOL: posting links. rburda Newbie General 1 04-25-2009 08:03 PM
A couple of vids to pass the time. Ian Chit Chat 0 07-19-2008 07:55 PM
Some FUNNY, to pass the time **NWS** raytard Chit Chat 6 04-18-2007 01:39 PM