Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: F1 Fans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default F1 Fans

Schumacher retires from racing after winning at Monza and closing to within 2 points of Alonso for the championship, with implications that Ferrari actually pushed him out what the f#$% is up with that!
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Yeah. When you win as much as he did, things tend to get boring. I raced my 94 Civic hatchback to 6 class championships, and I haven't touched the car in two years. I can understand.

Go Kimi!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Its an end of an era for ferrari, they want a new face and to change it up after so many years, should be interesting to see how things turn out, especialy if he drives for mclaren.
sambmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i have followed schumacher's career since he was with benneton, and all through ferrari, i think he is the best there has been till now, he brought ferrari back from the dead after many years of the italian scuderia of accomplishing very little, he has return ferrari to the winners circle and he had a lot to do with it, i will definetly miss him racing on sundays for ferrari, i don't think he would drive for any one else at the end of his career.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

pretty sure he is done with F1 at the end of the season, I think he really wants to go out as champion, just to rub it in Montezemalo's face, I think he wanted another year possibly 2, but politics and management pushed him out
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
RCC Addict

If you listen, the great Schumy is done at the end of the season. Did you miss him saying I am totally focused on the next 3 races and getting wins?

Also, poltics go both ways in that world. Schumy had lots of pull, as in he made the final call to who is #2 driver is going to be, and who his replacement is. Which he knows, and I have a few ideas, but no one is talking. Who in management do you think forced him out? Ross Braun has a contract up at the end of the season with all signs pointing towards the end of his stellar career. Jean Todt may or may not be hanging out for too much longer.

Schumacher brought a lot of the big guns into Ferrari with him, namely Ross Braun. But don't underestimate the power of a very long, very succesful partnership with those two. Braun has always said he would stick with Schumacher as long as Schumy wanted to race.

It is the end of a great era. I just hope the next era can be played out to the fullest. And no lose some of its brightest stars before they come into their own. I would have loved to see a Senna / Schumacher race for the championship.

Yes, I have been following F1 my whole life...and keep up with my lovely British F1 gossip mags! And the solid tech books too!
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler
If you listen, the great Schumy is done at the end of the season. Did you miss him saying I am totally focused on the next 3 races and getting wins?

Also, poltics go both ways in that world. Schumy had lots of pull, as in he made the final call to who is #2 driver is going to be, and who his replacement is. Which he knows, and I have a few ideas, but no one is talking. Who in management do you think forced him out? Ross Braun has a contract up at the end of the season with all signs pointing towards the end of his stellar career. Jean Todt may or may not be hanging out for too much longer.

Schumacher brought a lot of the big guns into Ferrari with him, namely Ross Braun. But don't underestimate the power of a very long, very succesful partnership with those two. Braun has always said he would stick with Schumacher as long as Schumy wanted to race.

It is the end of a great era. I just hope the next era can be played out to the fullest. And no lose some of its brightest stars before they come into their own. I would have loved to see a Senna / Schumacher race for the championship.

Yes, I have been following F1 my whole life...and keep up with my lovely British F1 gossip mags! And the solid tech books too!
Why weren't you at the waterfall Sunday Skeerd????
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Maybe hes gonna race nascar?????
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Juan Pablo Montoya is comming to NASCAR. But he never could get his head fully into F1 or check his ego. He will fit right in with the NASCAR Boys. Schumacher has way to much skill and class for nascar.

Raptor, I only get limited internet after I leave work, so I didnt realize anyone would be out there sunday. Not to mention the truck blowing up Friday. You know I aint skerd! Hijack over.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote