Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My BSR ( Barstool Racer)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My BSR ( Barstool Racer)

Custom frame, hydraulic brakes, suicide brake lever, slick's, custom wtering wheel. Just finished it, and i didnt like the tierods so im machineing some BEEFIER ones. But i already rode it and it hella fun to ride.
Pics

PS... its been waaaayyyy to long since i posted. I havent used my rc stuff in a long *** times and i still want a crawler, i seem to be using my money a little better now so maybe soon, maybe soon....

Last edited by xtman; 09-30-2006 at 10:26 PM.
xtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Cool, what are its specs.

Here is the one my friend built. It has ALOT of power, and he isn't even done yet. He is going to get another gear set for it to really bring it alive. It has an 8hp tiller engine in it, and it uses the wheelie bar. We went racing around my neighborhood yesterday, him on that, me on my pocketbike. And it is really loud. It sounds like a motorcycle at full throttle. You can barley see it in the pic but it has a 2 inch echo tip welded at the end.

TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Good to see you finally finished it!

You're not worried about flipping it?
camel_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Specs? I put only a 3 horse on it with a 11/60 gearing! I made it for cruisng car shows, most of the guys there dont want you to hit there cars so i made it to where it donest have alot of speed, but when i drive it around my house it is still pretty fun. And camel.... i already did flip it. Not to bad, i learned though. It was actually kinda funny. And damn i love that barstool, i love the tank and the fenders! Man his seat is low, i need to do that but im worried about how it looks, i mocked up the steering wheel to the seat so i dont want it too low.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The tank is off of a Pocket Chopper, i guess thats what the small choppers are called. I think he took 6 inches off of the seat so it would be less top heavy, especially with all of the power. When we were done messing with it yesterday the clutch was smoking. It is rated for an 8hp motor, but the motor is just too much power for it.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, me freinds made a few of these, so, when i go to the heat wave, i borrow one of his, very fun to ride. Nice stools you two.
Mello_Yello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Thanks! I think i may take another inch out of it for a little more safety.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

When he took the 6" out he had to move the big ring part that goes around the stool. He also had to make a new plate where the seat part of the barstool mounts. You may not have to do that but he said after he cut it the taper was off so he had to make the new plate.

How hard was it to do the hydraulic brakes? The brakes on my friends are cable actuated, and it is binding up somewhere but we can't find where. And when we adjust the caliper it just makes it too tight, and when it is set where it is supposed to be the brake lever is real hard to grab, and even if we can pull it all the way down it takes longer than it should to stop.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello_Yello
Nice stools you two.
You guys do know what "stool" means in scientific terms, don't you?

Cool, though, looks like a lot of fun.

Cheers 8-)
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I guess i dont really know what "stool" means, i just figured he was complementing us. And for the hydraulic brakes, they are way easy to set up. Does your friend have a welder, or acces to one? Because he will most likely gave to make a new mount for the master cylinder and the calipers. Other than that they are way powerful. I can almost guarentee it will take him a couple try's to get used to them. I myself have almost fallen off because of them. Simply because once you get them the rear end locks up. So it takes some time to get used to easing on to them.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Yea he has a TIG and a MIG welder, so that won't be a problem. I just was wondering how hard it was to set it all up.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

DAng tig.... that next for me. Like i said very easy to setup, and bleed and everything else.