Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: got in a motorcycle accident...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default got in a motorcycle accident...

was on the highway going to see Audrey in Dallas, (about a 160 mile ride)
i was half way there, in Waco. i was about the 2 car lengths from the car in front of me and he swerves suddenly, then i see why. theres a chunk of concrete right in the middle of the fast lane. no time to react. i hit it doing 75 MPH. and its BIG it was 24" around and 7" high! witnesses said i was instantly ejected skyward, i went 10' in the air, and the bike went about 5' in the air. i came down and tumbled a 1/4 mile down I-35. the bike landing on its bent wheels and kept driving a 1/2 mile down the road. rubbing against the concrete barrier keeping it vertical. then fell over when it lost speed.
i tumbled and tumbled and tumbled and tumbled, about every 3 tumbles id see the yellow line and tryed to tumble towards the median but i ended up still right in the middle of the fast lane when i came to rest. my first thoughts were. IM ALIVE! get off the highway before you get run over, i poped up and ran to the concrete barrier. started the walk to the bike, still shocked. and felling ok suprisibly gear saved me, pants ripped to ****, riding jacket shreded adn worn threw all the armor. back pack ripped to shreds. helmet scraped and spikes missing.
get back to the bike. and to my amazment the body was untouched! not a scratch or ding on the body ANY where! it bent both rims bad. broke the windshield, bent the shift lever and peg, and ground down the aluminum frame sliders (damn those things work!), ground the motor case, front suspension completely colapsed, not sure on damage yet. rear smashed too tire actually hit the tail! smashed the battery box with the swingarm.
when i got to the bike, i kept seeing money blowing down teh freeway. well i was still out of it kinda but after teh first few twenties blew buy im like WTF? then check sure enough rear pocket was completely shredded off. wallet gone. well later fireman found my empty wallet in the road, then later a police man found my drivers licence in the road, adn some of my money. credit card was never found along with about $40 cash we never found...

im ok just sore, bruised, and knees scraped, with a punchure threw my left knee cap. got DAMN lucky at those speeds
i broke a record too. lol the officer said im the FIRST motorcycle accident survivor shes had in 27 years of police work! damn.
any way heres the pics i took with my phone

heres the rock i hit the road crew already knew about it and was on the scene when i hit it. had i left 5 minutes later non of this would have happened. it was a old hole patch that came out and flip over onto the surface.

getting lifted off the highway. they charged me $125 to lift the bike and put it in the back of the truck... theives i tell you....

if yoiu look close you can see the two bent rims

got pretty lucky..

got to get busy replaceing parts adn gear... my deductable is $1000... :(

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 10-14-2006 at 01:13 PM.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #2

damn, glad to hear your doing alright after that.
EZduzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yes hope you get better soon man. Wanna giva ya a big , For not getting turned into a meat waffle.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That's way too close for comfort. Glad you are ok. Sucks about the bike but it can be fixed.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Its good to know your alive and well, all too often it doesnt end that way. Good luck on getting the bike back together.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #6

Well I feel your pain man I hit a dear doing sixty and about the same thing happend to me. Slid for about 120ft backwards and crouched trying to stand not realizing I was still sliding. The little bit of gear I was wear saved me too, Helmet, Boots, and Gloves. I got some wicked road rash, but fine other then that. Good to hear you are ok. Funny I choose this thread to be my first post on this site. lol
SpEcLeDx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcLeDx2
Well I feel your pain man I hit a dear doing sixty and about the same thing happend to me. Slid for about 120ft backwards and crouched trying to stand not realizing I was still sliding. The little bit of gear I was wear saved me too, Helmet, Boots, and Gloves. I got some wicked road rash, but fine other then that. Good to hear you are ok. Funny I choose this thread to be my first post on this site. lol

welcome felow texan and bike wrecker ;)
Old 10-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #8

Thanks , so when did this happen? today? I swear I hate 35 I avoid it at all costs.
SpEcLeDx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #9
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yeah today. hit it about 9:30 am.
unfortunatly im on I-35 just about every weekend, to dallas or san antonio.
the bike is my daily driver, camaro has a miss...
Old 10-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

No matter how you look at it, its important you wear gear. My buddy works on a crew that has to clean that crap up, he has had to scrape people off the pavement over a less severe accident.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #11
Colt Python/SR9c

sucks to hear about downed riders, but if ya play your cards right, the state will fix your bike/hospital bills,etc.etc....Good to hear your alright and not hearing that the spikes went through your helmet into your head
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:04 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

the bike sounds pretty bad but after looking at the pics the two of ya look pretty good for a 75mph crash, glad your ok
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

dang man, glad you're ok after that.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Glad to hear you are somewhat ok. If you can prove that the concrete was from a patch you can most likely get the state to pay for it.

might want to invest in some knee pads next......kness and hands are the worst to get it when you go down.

If you need any help finding parts let me know. My boy owns a motorcycle salvage yard and can get pretty much anything.
http://www.fremontcycle.com/index.cfm
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #15
RCC Addict

fellow motorcyclist here as well. i don't like seeing stuff like that, but i'm glad you came out alright! almost had the same thing happen to me on the 5 south(so cal) someone's full size spare tire came off and i almost hit it. sometimes you don't have any time to react.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster
the bike sounds pretty bad but after looking at the pics the two of ya look pretty good for a 75mph crash, glad your ok
yeah im still baffled. no clue how we both came out ok...
Old 10-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Gear advertisement if I ever saw one right there, getting stiched up is a ton better than scraped off the pavement. 125 to lift the bike in the truck? I'd be lifting the damn thing in for that price. Glad you're ok. I suppose you'd be investing in some leg protection next?
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Glad to hear your OK, that chunk could have been a killer in cage even!

Edit: because it was taken as a flame, which it was not

Last edited by Unholy; 10-14-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Talking

I am very glad to see that you're alive and well.I don't know what your religious stand point is, but someone that wears all white and has feathers was protecting you last time I was in Oklahoma a biker layed his bike on a wet road.My Mom was behind him,hit the brakes and stopped 3 feet from his head.She was about 60ft behind him.Both were pretty scared.I had to drive home because she was so upset.Hope you had insurance.Most bikers don't.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy
Glad to hear your OK, that chunk could have been a killer in cage even!

Now the part that sounds more like me...

The car had time to swerve but you, on a sportbike, 2 car lengths behind him didn't?

I know I sound like a dick here... but that doesn't make sense to me.
Well, the car could have probably seen it coming, but him with the bike only a few car lengths behind, probably didn't see it coming.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote