Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: usps says it was delivered.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default usps says it was delivered.....

but i aint seen a thing..... never had this happen before, what do i do about my missing package.... i know i'll call in the AM, and maybe visit the PO but is that all i can do or is there more?
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
MWRCA'er

Check the neighbors
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
Check the neighbors
EXACTLY!
I had to ask my neighbor several times before she actulay gave it to me. It took about 2 weeks of me asking before she read the name. She even opened it up and saw the $100 of screwa in it. I think that's when she relized it wasn't hers.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I went by my mom's house yesterday evening checking to see if I had received a package I needed for this weekend (carb float for my mower).......and to my delight, there was a package on the back porch. The box was a litle big for a float, but I was still confident. Checked the label to see if it was for me or my mom, but the two UPS stickers on it simply had our last name (with correct address). I went to grab it, and found the box was about 20 lbs, so, no luck, it isn't a float.:-(

Brought it inside and took a closer look at the box. The box was shipped directly from DuPont, and there was a "Ship To" sticker on the side for a fabric distributer in PA. Come to find out, the box contains a 20lb roll of Kevlar yarn, which was part of a 3-package shipment, bound for PA. But somehow, someway, the UPS shipping warehouse stuck stickers on it so it ended up at my mom's house.

I got a strange feeling that there is a fabric store in PA that just received a new carb float on Friday!!!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

When Dude was turning GD-600's a couple years ago, he sent me one. The online delivery confirmation thing said it was delivered, but not to me. I found it later that day in the neighbors mailbox, hanging halfway out of the envelope.
And it had the wrong address on it.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadblock
but i aint seen a thing..... never had this happen before, what do i do about my missing package.... i know i'll call in the AM, and maybe visit the PO but is that all i can do or is there more?

lst time it happened to me the shipper put he wrong address on the box. Its amazing what 1 little numberr extra will do

call the shipper and have them verify the address
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

happens to me all the time with ups. it'll go to the building right next to mine or a couple times across the street to an adress that wasnt even close. im thinking about buying the driver hooked on phonics. then if you call ups, they say yup, its delivered, where? i ask, so and so st, will you check the delivery address?, ohh theres a discrepency and we need to open an investigation, whats to investigate it was delivered to the wrong address.......anyway etc etc etc it ends up being quicker for me just to go retrieve it rather than wait god knows how long for the driver to pick it up and redeliver it
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

ups lost this one for me. i checked all my nieghbors and even the surrounding streets with the same house numbers. never turned up.
Attached Images

aint scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aint scared
ups lost this one for me. i checked all my nieghbors and even the surrounding streets with the same house numbers. never turned up.
did you check at your mailmans house?
Old 11-18-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I know this might sound "off the wall" but I keep a very close relationship with my UPS drivers , DHL, and Fed-X AND my Postman. I take care of them at Christmas and other holidays, trust me it helps. Most packages that "require signature" all get delivered even if i'm not home or anyone else. He signs it and leaves it in a certain place around my house. Always take care of your garbage man also..... They can make your life a living hell , Trust me I was one for about 2 years .
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodyRazorBackc5
I know this might sound "off the wall" but I keep a very close relationship with my UPS drivers , DHL, and Fed-X AND my Postman. I take care of them at Christmas and other holidays, trust me it helps. Most packages that "require signature" all get delivered even if i'm not home or anyone else. He signs it and leaves it in a certain place around my house. Always take care of your garbage man also..... They can make your life a living hell , Trust me I was one for about 2 years .
i got it, lucky me i live in a small town, the box had no street address on it... just city and state....

so it sat in the post office i was like wtf... o well i got it but the shipper didnt include a matching set of crystals like they said they would....
Old 11-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Great. I have a very valuable package coming from UPS and hearing what you guys said about them, I may be screwed. It has been a week and a half since the package I am waiting for has been shipped, and nothing has showed up yet.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
Great. I have a very valuable package coming from UPS and hearing what you guys said about them, I may be screwed. It has been a week and a half since the package I am waiting for has been shipped, and nothing has showed up yet.
go run the tracking #
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Sender already has, waiting for reply.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
Sender already has, waiting for reply.
he didint give you the tracking#?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

^ditto^
Old 11-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #17

Make sure you check around your house really well. I had a small box that said it was delivered from UPS last week. I checked around my house and finally found it under a garage can lid...Next to my back door.
project_51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I have them do that crap all the time, gotten some of the stuff (not packages, but magazines) later. When it was my magazines, it looked like someone had thoroughly read them, dog eared pages and ****, then put it back in the mail box, all with my name and correct address right there on the cover.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:11 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

yeah i used to get the pc gamer mag and the like. my demo cds were always missing so i made some phone calls to the post office and i dunno if he got fired but i got a new carrier in a couple days....
Old 11-18-2006, 11:48 PM   #20
MWRCA'er

My mom works for the postal service. One day a package turned up missing at the post office. Turns out she went to the dumpster and the wraper was there. The cleaning man was stealing boxes and opening them. Needless to say he was fired.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote