Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: nightfiref7efi = buyer beware

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default nightfiref7efi = buyer beware

This person agreed to sell me his batteries and then quickly sold them to someone else because I didn't pay within less than 12 hours. I sent them a PM out yesterday afternoon while I had some free time and then logged in this morning hoping to send the PP if I won the item. (I got the response to my PM with PP info at 16:57 yesterday after I logged out and by 03:57 I had another PM saying I took too long to pay) While I agree that he should be able to sell to who he wants, I don't agree with telling someone they can complete the purchase and then backing out. For what it's worth, I would not recommend dealing with this member.
shakemandril is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: nightfiref7efi = buyer beware

Don't want to step in here and come off as a douche since i don't know the details but when I sell something it's first person with money in hand wins. I may have pissed a lot of people off doing so but at the same time many times I've been the one too slow on payment and lost out on a great deal it's a cuthroat hobby when money is involved but that's just reality. Hope I didn't step on any toes
TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakemandril View Post
This person agreed to sell me his batteries and then quickly sold them to someone else because I didn't pay within less than 12 hours. I sent them a PM out yesterday afternoon while I had some free time and then logged in this morning hoping to send the PP if I won the item. (I got the response to my PM with PP info at 16:57 yesterday after I logged out and by 03:57 I had another PM saying I took too long to pay) While I agree that he should be able to sell to who he wants, I don't agree with telling someone they can complete the purchase and then backing out. For what it's worth, I would not recommend dealing with this member.

The feedback section is for completed deals that transpire here on RCCrawler.com
If you have opinions about expectations about a situation you are welcome to post and discuss them in the CHIT CHAT section.
Your thread has been moved to chit chat.

To say ... "agreed to sell me his batteries and then quickly sold them to someone else" ... is seemingly not correct when you came back almost 12 hours later to check on things and make payment. I don't find that as "quickly".

Unless I am misunderstanding things, this is what I see for times and how it all transpired.

You made an offer to purchase and very quickly logged out not waiting for a reply

However... In less then a 1/2 hours time after posting his items for sale and receiving your offer, the seller responded back to you with a YES and his PayPal information agreeing to sell to you..

You then almost 12 hours later came back to check on your potential purchase to complete the deal...
...and the seller had moved on to the next potential buyer in line after waiting all that time for a response and payment from you.

I fail to see the wrong in any of the sellers actions

When a potential buyer responds to a sale/trade thread its traditionally done when the seller is logged in and active (green light on beside user name)

One of the most important parts to dealing the classifieds here on RCC is to be ready and have time to complete the potential transaction and to then sit and wait for a response from seller after inquiring to purchase.

To make offer to purchase, request payment info and then log out, only to come back almost 12 hours later to get sellers payment information and pay them surely leaves the door open to lose item to a more serious buyer.

I want it
I contact the seller with offer to purchase
I then sit in wait for a response (yes, sometimes it can take a little while, people do get busy and not everything in life is instant)
Once the payment information is received, I immediately send payment right then while logged on before I do a single other thing.

I also at that time send to the seller a confirmation message here on RCC of the payment being sent and the deal being completed on my end.

If I ever come to a cold sale thread that's hours old or even days old and or if the sellers green light is not on and if I want to submit an offer, I 100% expect my chance of getting to purchase it a complete roll of the dice.

I guess you've struck a chord on my pet peeve meter by leaving a bad feedback against another member for a deal that didn't even happen and for a reason that shouldn't even be the sellers problem. Coming back to check messages and make payment almost 12 hours after agreeing to purchase is a good way to lose an item to someone else.
But to then be upset the seller moved on to the next interested buyer is even more wrong.
Even your own words you wrote say "logged in this morning hoping to send the PP if I won the item.
" ....
I don't understand how you can say you are upset with the situation if you logged back in with the intentions of seeing if you won it or not.

Feedback is for COMPLETED deals only, chit chat is for opinions of people on any deals that weren't completed. Your thread has been moved to chit chat.

Last edited by THX_138; 08-04-2014 at 03:01 AM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You don't win items here! Sellers market, cash in hand!

Next time think about the person on the other end that needs cash.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Money talks, bullshit walks....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I agree with all of the above, this is not an auction and if it was I HATE SLOW PAYERS! When I win an auction I pay NOW! It's the proper thing to do and I appreciate getting paid NOW, therefore they will be happy too!

As a seller who has waited a couple times for peeps here and on other sites to pay and got bailed out on....it's now all about who pays first, I'm not running a charity. I don't hold stuff for anybody, I sell to first payer willing to pay me a fair price now.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote