Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gripe about Amain hobbies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Gripe about Amain hobbies.

So I order some parts and pay for overnight shipping. CA to IN overnight isn't cheap. Parts get delayed. So I contact Amain and ask for a refund of the difference between overnight and 2 day. They tell me sorry not their problem.

Well it's not my fault it was delayed but I'm stuck. I paid for overnight and didn't get what it paid for. Poor CS in my opinion. I have my FFL and sell/ship firearms all over the place. Many overnight and if something goes wrong I cover it and refund the full shipping amount. It's made many upset customers happy and brought me repeat business. Maybe it's petty to be upset about it but I think you should get what you pay for. Seems like good customer service is a thing of the past these days.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gripe about Amain hobbies.

Different places have different policies.

I have never seen a place refund overnight shipping when it was sent out on time and delayed by the carrier to be delivered on the 3rd day. Shipping delays are just that. Shipping delays.

Now if the order was placed early enough and the shop failed to get it out in time, that's a failure on their part.

Some folks feel that the moment it leaves their store or posession, they are no longer responsible.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

your beef is with the shipping company not amain
MCW24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If the shipping company is at fault then you should be seeking a refund from them not AMain.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Amain charges extra if you want something to go out same day. So in theory you could order it and they sit on the order a couple days, then send it overnight. Now if the shipping company had it and did not get it to you, its on them. Of course depending on the actual overnight service, some of them do not even promise true overnight.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Amain charges extra if you want something to go out same day. So in theory you could order it and they sit on the order a couple days, then send it overnight. Now if the shipping company had it and did not get it to you, its on them. Of course depending on the actual overnight service, some of them do not even promise true overnight.
My stuff always ships same day from everywhere I order if it's placed before 3pm. What would the shipping speed have to do with how fast they get it out the door?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
My stuff always ships same day from everywhere I order if it's placed before 3pm.
Some of the stuff I've ordered on Amazon takes 4 days just to get out the door.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
My stuff always ships same day from everywhere I order if it's placed before 3pm. What would the shipping speed have to do with how fast they get it out the door?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

As I said, AMAIN hits you for a little extra if you want "rush processing", meaning if you really want it out today, pony up the "I should have ordered it a few days ago, but didn't" tax so it goes out same day.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68_f100 View Post
So I order some parts and pay for overnight shipping. CA to IN overnight isn't cheap. Parts get delayed. So I contact Amain and ask for a refund of the difference between overnight and 2 day. They tell me sorry not their problem.

Well it's not my fault it was delayed but I'm stuck. I paid for overnight and didn't get what it paid for. Poor CS in my opinion. I have my FFL and sell/ship firearms all over the place. Many overnight and if something goes wrong I cover it and refund the full shipping amount. It's made many upset customers happy and brought me repeat business. Maybe it's petty to be upset about it but I think you should get what you pay for. Seems like good customer service is a thing of the past these days.
I've had that happen several times with Tower Hobbies and they can be very slow to leave the warehouse in Nevada and I'm in Norcal...they and the shipper FedEx said pound sand after I paid for next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post

EDIT: RPP Hobby has been very fast to ship from their door and then fast with USPS Priority Mail delivery ime. One time years ago when it didn't get here, Corey offered to drive my parts to me and meet me halfway! I declined his generous offer, but that is going the extra mile!

Last edited by Natedog; 09-11-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I guess the nature of my business warrants more follow through than the rc business. I believe that package is my responsibility until the customer has it in their hands. Now I pay FedEx for a service that I charge the customer for. So when fedex drops the ball I take care of my customer and then I take it up with fedex. Not once have I ever expected the customer to pay for something they did not get. And I can also tell you for a fact they could have refunded half of what I paid for shipping and still made money on the shipping. To me it's just poor customer service but again that's just opinion.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I have always gotten my stuff from them in 3 to 4 days tops with just regular USPS shipping ....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68_f100 View Post
I guess the nature of my business warrants more follow through than the rc business. I believe that package is my responsibility until the customer has it in their hands. Now I pay FedEx for a service that I charge the customer for. So when fedex drops the ball I take care of my customer and then I take it up with fedex. Not once have I ever expected the customer to pay for something they did not get. And I can also tell you for a fact they could have refunded half of what I paid for shipping and still made money on the shipping. To me it's just poor customer service but again that's just opinion.
You never said if fedex missed its goal, or amain held it for a day then shipped.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #13

Shipping companies drop the ball all the time, but there is the legitimate issue of weather at times.

As far as a company, I really like Amain, they have been great.
buggynut is offline   Reply With Quote

Gripe about Amain hobbies. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unofficial GTG at amain hobbies store in Chico Rastaman California 64 04-14-2014 12:15 AM
Berg's are in stock at amain bulzeye EnRoute Berg 31 04-20-2013 07:08 PM
Morning Gripe RANOVRU Chit Chat 12 10-14-2010 12:42 AM
AMAIN gots parts!!!!!!!! fatbastard Chit Chat 1 10-02-2008 01:33 PM
KYOSHO (gripe) Bart bender Kyosho Crawlers 18 05-14-2008 07:17 PM